test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to login

deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I can't login for some reason, keeps failing when try to patch the launcher...my internet works fine (hey, i can post this thread)..any thoughts?
Post edited by deathsentry2012 on

Comments

• revjimrevjim Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm encountering the same issue. I wonder how long this problem is going to continue.
  • norimoshdanorimoshda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unable to log in either. Rebooted the router, restarted the PC. Able to ping, and browse. Cleared cache and cookies, rebooted again. Still nothing. Getting the following error: Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check you internet connection. :frown:
  • chickareechickaree Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unable to login as well. Unable to get past Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2012
    This should be fine now, but if it isn't, please let me know.
  • corethlcorethl Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still a problem-and it apparently is affecting STO as well.
  • nitrogenliquidnitrogenliquid Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Doesn't work for me still...
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, my Auto-Update is failing for both CO and STO. Is someone co-hosting election results on Cryptic's servers?
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not working for me as well, tried pretty much everything I can think of and still no results. I can't even launch the game itself without the patcher, it stays at the cryptic loading screen.
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same error message as well. Cannot connect at all.
  • nitrogenliquidnitrogenliquid Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vincyre wrote: »
    Not working for me as well, tried pretty much everything I can think of and still no results. I can't even launch the game itself without the patcher, it stays at the cryptic loading screen.

I don't even go to the loading screen...:biggrin:
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The main account server has been up and down all day it seems. This includes the forums as well (so you can't log in to chat on the forums). Just FYI.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't log in either here or on STO, but i can still access the STO website but champions website wouldn't load for me. i had to google it and just straight to the forums.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Not fine, dead in the water. Same issue as others have reported.

Please don't make me watch election coverage. :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • galacticcowbotgalacticcowbot Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bah,
    Still cant get past updating of the launcher.
    Where is a super-dev when you need one....
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    100% packet loss to www.champions-online.com
    Good luck.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't log in either here or on STO, but i can still access the STO website but champions website wouldn't load for me. i had to google it and just straight to the forums.

Same issue here, but the opposite. I have CO forum access but I had to use your method to get into the STO forums...

No access to either game...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • draugadandraugadan Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same error for both CO and STO. Did Cryptic go dark or something?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am unable to log in. Launcher Autoupdate doesn't connect.

:frown:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm in the same boat as the others. Can't get in or past the attempting to connect to the Patch Server. Just tried it 1 minute ago. Still no dice.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still an issue at 7:20pm pacific time.
  • xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not working, the launcher does not seem able to connect. Has anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I doubt that will help with this connection issue we are all having, but I am no expert.
  • sorna2sorna2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is a problem for sure!

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Supprt."

To Address this issue, I have Uninstalled and Re-Installed C.O., Patched the Updater, Checked Virus Protection and Firewall Settings, and Finally Performed a Destructive Recovery and Re-Install of all Major Programs Updates Software ect. Including C.O. and Still no dice. So WTF is going on P.W????? TIME FOR SOME ANSWERS!!!!:mad:
  • oneheadedboyoneheadedboy Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorna2 wrote: »

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Supprt."

To Address this issue, I have Uninstalled and Re-Installed C.O., Patched the Updater, Checked Virus Protection and Firewall Settings, and Finally Performed a Destructive Recovery and Re-Install of all Major Programs Updates Software ect. Including C.O. and Still no dice. So WTF is going on P.W????? TIME FOR SOME ANSWERS!!!!:mad:

It's on their end. Check the notice: http://co.perfectworld.com/
    We are aware of some issues with patching. We are working to resolve the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorna2 wrote: »

Wow! You get a lot done in 2 1/2 hours!

Answer? They know. They're working on it...

Patience...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • sorna2sorna2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for posting the UPDATE. Was starting to wonder if anyone was really out there. Love C.O. great game and continue to be a fan. Thanks for all the work you do P.W.!:eek:
  • xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Quote:
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm a little sad that i can't get in to STO though, because they finally put the conversion on the test server for the STF loot. Luckily i'm not in as much of a need to get on to champions tonight, but i wonder what it is that's affected the game. Branflakes made the comment that a lot of people over there are still playing and able to log in to the game, so it's not affecting everyone. I wonder what happened in general to make it act up.
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xvoltakx wrote: »

Quote:

yyeahhh.. you have to be able to get to the main website to get to that.. and uhh.. it's not there right now.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gradii wrote: »
    website works for me but cant connect to patcher still. :mad::mad::mad:

I guess they shut down the old website.. I've always used

www.champions-online.com

That doesn't work right now.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • coplayer1951coplayer1951 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep. It be busted.
  • sphiersphier Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can totally see them having taken the old website offline and forgotten to transition to a new patch server or so. Would totally suit them. XD
    ---
    @Ysale ingame. I do RP and stuff!
  • xienthxienth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just another day in the life of CO fan.
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Really? Why the hell is still broken?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Toxic Nanite Invasion...
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As of 9pm, I have logged in without issue thus far. I'll edit this if anything changes.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • sphiersphier Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lucky you. No luck here. For hours now.
    ---
    @Ysale ingame. I do RP and stuff!
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well i was in the game client when all this patch issue started so wasnt affected, but now my game is stuck in a transition on the Something Fishy mission where it seems to be trying to patch a file..despite having run this mission many times on other characters. sigh.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can finally access the forums - now to see about the game...

Edited: Okay, I got the launcher up - after two tries. (Honest, honey, this has never happened to me before!)

Just clicked "Play"...

...at the character selection screen...

...and the Dork Knight is in!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • ghennkinsghennkins Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just tried again and I'm finally on. Thank you for fixing this problem! :]
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is indeed now fixed for me... too bad I now have to get to bed since I have to wake up early in the morning.

-END OF LINE
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am still unable to log in. The patcher keeps failing if I launch from desktop, and Steam launching doesn't produce any better results.
  • ricofoxricofox Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To all who get "Unable to connect to patch server" errors and other types of launcher fails, delete your Internet Explorer history (yes......it connects via IE to patch the launcher:mad:)
    It worked for me and i think this will be a solution for many people.
    It seems good old IE sometimes messes up the launcher connection if there is a prior entry :rolleyes:.
    I hope it works for you to, and sry for my bad english, i'm from Hungary :smile:
  • raidey1raidey1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ricofox wrote: »
    To all who get "Unable to connect to patch server" errors and other types of launcher fails, delete your Internet Explorer history (yes......it connects via IE to patch the launcher:mad:)
    It worked for me and i think this will be a solution for many people.
    It seems good old IE sometimes messes up the launcher connection if there is a prior entry :rolleyes:.
    I hope it works for you to, and sry for my bad english, i'm from Hungary :smile:

Thanks for the uneccesary necro. No really, we all appreciate it.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is it unnecessary? Really? Nobody's having this problem, and has just given up asking? What are your sources for this contention?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"