test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to avoid getting an Energy Builder?

lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Power Discussion
When doing a complete RetCon at a high/end (L40) is it at all possible to select powers without "buying' an Energy Builder first?

Thanks to balancing of Rec, End, Int stats and use of Forms, Energy Unlocks, Gear, Specializations, etc., most of my end game toons no longer need their EBs. They simply never use them. They're just a wasted power slot.
jIBJh7X.jpg
When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, grab a T1 (Or is it called t0...hmm..)power the jump into the tree or grab a t4 power(level 35+) and then jump into the tree or grab a t1 power from any other tree then follow in the trees or skip around getting what you want..

Sometimes it is hard to not get an eb to go a certain power path without wasting a power slot on something meaningless..

Even at level 40 you have to obey the power ranking rules..(3 in this tree or 5 randoms in order to get this power etc)
  • piro2genpiro2gen Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tried in PH:
    - no powers selected, power dialog has 13 power slots left
    - I pick EB
    - still 13 slots
    - I reset, so no powers selected
    - I pick one power, slot number goes down to 12
    - I pick EB, power slot numer still 12

Or did I missed something?
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    piro2gen wrote: »
    Tried in PH:
    - no powers selected, power dialog has 13 power slots left
    - I pick EB
    - still 13 slots
    - I reset, so no powers selected
    - I pick one power, slot number goes down to 12
    - I pick EB, power slot numer still 12

Or did I missed something?

Energy Builders are not a true 'power' they do not decrease nor do they increase the amount of powers you are allowed to take...You can do without one if you wanted to but it 'does not' matter either way.

Energy Builders are truly energy builders and nothing else

An easier way to look at it is that you can have 13+1+2 powers where the 1 is reserved to your energy builder and the 2 is reserved to your travel powers
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Energy builders have no bearing on the remaining number of powers you get, only a slight bearing on when powers unlock within a set.

EB's don't take up a power selection, but sadly they can't be replaced on the tray, so while you can completely ignore it, you'd still have your first slot sitting there waiting for an EB.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pion01 wrote: »
    Energy builders have no bearing on the remaining number of powers you get, only a slight bearing on when powers unlock within a set.
    Thanks Pion (and Ayonachan). I didn't know that was the case (that EBs have a "0 price"). So I guess there's no loss having it... However...
    pion01 wrote: »
    ...sadly they can't be replaced on the tray, so while you can completely ignore it, you'd still have your first slot sitting there waiting for an EB.
    Awwww... sheeee-oot! ... I had just recently tried to re-arrange an EB out of the #1 spot and couldn't... I thought I'd just done something wrong and was going to try it again later.

Can't be done at all thought?

Bah! :mad:

:rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Pion (and Ayonachan). I didn't know that was the case (that EBs have a "0 price"). So I guess there's no loss having it... However...

Awwww... sheeee-oot! ... I had just recently tried to re-arrange an EB out of the #1 spot and couldn't... I thought I'd just done something wrong and was going to try it again later.

Can't be done at all thought?

Bah! :mad:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I really really wish we could re-arrange EBs out of the #1 slot. There are a lot of players who make good use of the energy-restoring powers in the game and no longer need it, but do not have the option to at least put another power in that slot. Sigh.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    An easier way to look at it is that you can have 13+1+2 powers where the 1 is reserved to your energy builder and the 2 is reserved to your travel powers

This.

The code is set for 13 powers, 1 energy builder, and 2 travel powers.

Only an EB can go in the #1 slot (technically, the #0 slot). And, only travel powers can go in the #14 and #15 slot (actual slot numbers). Oh, and a BLOCK can only be placed in the #16 slot (actual slot number).

So, you can't have 16 powers. (aside from the 13, 1, 2 arrangement)

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"