test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not getting Skill gains.

veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Items and Crafting
So I've been trying to max out my crafting skill, been going good for the most part, going around Canada and the desert and whatnot. Got to Vibora bay at 301 and got my Arms skill up to 321, then suddenly all skill gains stopped.

Must've gone through 30 or so skill objects around Vibora, North Monster Island, Lemurian Abyss, etc and am not getting any more skill gains from any of the top end nodes.

Was just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem, or perhaps able to point out what it is that I'm doing wrong.
Post edited by veiran2 on

Comments

• kcg75000kcg75000 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Gaining crafting skill points STOPS at 321 from opening nodes. You must now fuse mods to get to 400. You will be able to get to 400 just by fusing level 3 mods to level 4 but they must be of your type of crafting skill, so if you are Science you must fuse Science mods, for example. This can be a problem for Science and Mysticism crafting skill characters as the nodes for these two crafting skills give the wrong type of mods except for the core mods: Science nodes give Mysticism mods and Mysticism nodes give Science mods. Also, Growth Amulets, which come from all three types of mods only seem to work in raising your skill from fusing for Arms and Science.
  • veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is really the kind of information that they should make available in the game somewhere, if it is, I totally missed it.

Either way, I love you long time, good sir.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually, nodes have stopped giving skill points to everyone... once again.

I have a crafter only at 116, and every node they did (47) in the last three days, done in several zones (so it was not just one zone). has NOT given a skill point; while the stop at 321 explains that person's problems, the lower level crafters are getting shafted still. Not getting skill points from a node is even worse than getting the Rock in the Halloween bags or getting a lockbox instead of something useful.

Fix crafting, make sure it doesn't break when you add in these events. Period.

-END OF LINE
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kcg75000 wrote: »
    Gaining crafting skill points STOPS at 321 from opening nodes. You must now fuse mods to get to 400. You will be able to get to 400 just by fusing level 3 mods to level 4 but they must be of your type of crafting skill, so if you are Science you must fuse Science mods, for example.

This is not entirely true -- my Mysticism crafter has gotten to 333 from nodes alone, since she didn't have any Mysticism mods to fuse :frown: .

Some nodes in the deepest part of Lemuria -- Rastrinfahr's Abyss -- give rank 4 mods and skillups past 321, as do some nodes in Andrithal on Monster Island.

It's possible that 333 is the max since she seems to have stopped there, but I have been concentrating more on getting "In Memoriam" from the Blood Moon event lately...
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes mi and lemuria nodes lvl up to 400.