test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With your Powers Combined! 4 Elementals Build.

wiltonwarriorwiltonwarrior Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Builds and Roles
Champions Online has fire, earth, and wind powersets. It dosen't have water and according to official word isn't going to due to problems with trying to animate water correctly but water can be imitated by recoloring some powers already in the game. With that in mind I attempted to create a character using all four powersets. It was a tad difficult given that air and fire are energy projectors whereas earth is a brick but I think it is turning out well. Thematically the character is basically a gritty version of Captain Planet, sort of.

Name: Scion

6: Wield Earth
6: Gust
6: Tremor
(Choose One) 6: Fire Flight/Ice Slide/Earth Flight/Tornado Flight/Blazing Speed/Distortion Superspeed
8: Telekinetic Shield (Recolored Bliue)
11: Fiery Form
14: Resurgence
17: Venemous Breath (Recolored Blue)
20: Conflagration
23: Twister
26: Imbue
29: Immolation
32: Wind Breath
35: Quicksand
(Choose One) Level 35: Teleport/Tunneling
38: Force Eruption

SS: END/CON/REC

Specializations:

Endurance:
Readiness-3 Ranks
Kickback- 2 Ranks
Outburst- 3 Ranks
Hardiness- 2 Ranks
Endurance Mastery

Avenger:
Round Em Up- 3 ranks
Ruthless- 2 Ranks
Relentless Assault- 3 Ranks
Offensive Expertise- 2 Ranks

Vindicator:
Merciless- 3 Ranks
Aggressive Stance- 2 Ranks
Mass Destruction- 3 Ranks
Modified Gear- 2 Ranks

I am not sure which talents and advantages to use yet. Thoughts on the build and how to improve it greatly appreciated:smile:
Post edited by wiltonwarrior on

Comments

• helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=147287&highlight=elementalist

See posts one and two of this thread for my take on the Elementalist. First post is for a wind, ice, fire, electricity build and the second adds earth as well.
  • wiltonwarriorwiltonwarrior Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your build is very interesting and looks very efficient. I will look it over carefully for some suggestions. Thank you.
    I am trying to make a more traditional (Fire, Water, Earth and Air) Elementalist as opposted to the CO (Fire, Ice, Wind, Electricity and Possibly Earth) Elementalist.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I always thought that many of FORCE's powers looked like water... Definitely anything that "bubbles" could be water-like? They'll lack a "splash" sound or animation (maybe), but feel very water-like.

There is also the option to recolor powers (i.e. Infernal blasts -> colored to look like fire) - maybe there's other powers that look water like if colored just right?

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wiltonwarriorwiltonwarrior Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    r0y0 wrote: »
    I always thought that many of FORCE's powers looked like water... Definitely anything that "bubbles" could be water-like? They'll lack a "splash" sound or animation (maybe), but feel very water-like.

There is also the option to recolor powers (i.e. Infernal blasts -> colored to look like fire) - maybe there's other powers that look water like if colored just right?

-r0y

Personally I always though TK Shield colored light blue looked like water because of the "wavey" effect on it. Besides that ?I use Force Eruption and Venomous Breath both colored light blue to simulate water and I thik it works pretty well.