test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Description error on Shadow Shroud?

agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Power Discussion
I was considering of getting this active offense for my regen tank, or at least experimenting with it. The wording on the description is hard for me to understand... This is the only active offenses I haven't used more than once long ago (like over a year ago and I was just messing around with how it looked on a magic character). The character I'm looking at isn't leveled enough to get this power yet (I have other powers I want first), but I'm planning ahead of time.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Shadow_Shroud
+ Gain significant energy when dealt damage, at most once every three seconds.

1. Define "significant energy"? Any way to improve on it?
  2. Dealt how? Like I'm recieving damage, or giving damage? (trying to see if it's better for tank or DPS)

I'm particularly looking for somebody who knows the facts on this because they have a level 40 character that uses this.
Post edited by agentnx5 on

Comments

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I was considering of getting this active offense for my regen tank, or at least experimenting with it. The wording on the description is hard for me to understand... This is the only active offenses I haven't used more than once long ago (like over a year ago and I was just messing around with how it looked on a magic character). The character I'm looking at isn't leveled enough to get this power yet (I have other powers I want first), but I'm planning ahead of time.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Shadow_Shroud

1. Define "significant energy"? Any way to improve on it?
    2. Dealt how? Like I'm recieving damage, or giving damage? (trying to see if it's better for tank or DPS)

I'm particularly looking for somebody who knows the facts on this because they have a level 40 character that uses this.

As far as the syntax:

You deal damage when you attack.

You are dealt damage when someone attacks you.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    wiki wrote:
    Gain significant energy when dealt damage, at most once every three seconds.
    Reading the wiki, it seems you get 0.7% energy return (max once every 3 seconds) - scaled with your CON when you are hit (dealt damage). Dealt damage, unless speaking in past tense, means you are hit. You HAVE dealt damage if it was past-tense.

Also, is a +42% (r1) / +50% (r2) / +60% (r3) damage for 12 seconds...

Not sure if that is all true or not, but it is right there in the wiki.

Checking out the in-game power, on my toon with just 82 con (non-ss'd), the Advanced Description says:
    For 12 sec after activating this power, receiving damage will cause you to gain +11% Energy. Can occur once every 3 sec.

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    For another data point, I have 228 Con on my Void AT, and the advanced description says she gets 32% of her energy when damaged.