test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[DONE] Maintenance October 25, 2012

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2012 in Release Notes
Release notes for October 25, 2012. Please note that we're doing some infrastructure updates, and so maintenance will probably run long. It should start at the normal time: 7 AM PDT.

Halloween Blood Moon:
-The Halloween version of Blood Moon will begin on Friday and is planned to run until the morning of Thursday, November 1.

Items:
-Legion's Breastplate of Freedom should now correctly have 4 slots.
-Fixed issue that would cause item "leaking" when taken from mail.

Alerts:
-Fixed missing texture in "Hrodegir" alert splash screen.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Items:

Huzzah! Hold Resistance for all!

(It still hella sucks but i'm using it! FOR SCIENCE .. I mean FOR CHARACTER!)
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Release a stability patch. :P
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So I am guessing this means we are not getting the Halloween event stated in the UNTIL report...
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    So I am guessing this means we are not getting the Halloween event stated in the UNTIL report...

Well, an event taking place in Victorian Era London would require a... Say it with me: A new map! A city map, wiith a whole new style of architecture, even! Basically a new zone!
    You did not really expect that anytime soon, did you? To be honest, I wouldn't even expect that next year! :rolleyes:

The idea sounded more like an adventure pack or comic series than something for a holiday event to me anyway. Around Halloween would just be a good time for the release.
  • rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wonder which patch will correct the problem of females not being able to use the superconductor chest piece... Really, I don't think its too much to ask since the piece is already in game and available for purchase.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
    edited October 2012
    rapierwhip wrote: »
    Wonder which patch will correct the problem of females not being able to use the superconductor chest piece... Really, I don't think its too much to ask since the piece is already in game and available for purchase.

So true. The game is full of "minor issues" like that, for which our few devs left appearantly have no time to look after. :frown:
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ill be content with a mid November release for dracul's new move
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Halloween Blood Moon:
    -The Halloween version of Blood Moon will begin on Friday and is planned to run until the morning of Thursday, November 1.

Just turn it on already. Honestly, y'all could do with a bit of goodwill after the dump you took on us last week. :rolleyes:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Items:

Does this include ones that are already obtained and equipped?
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cyrone wrote: »
    Does this include ones that are already obtained and equipped?

Surely..

So much Questionite and Cash spent to get the thing..
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, an event taking place in Victorian Era London would require a... Say it with me: A new map! A city map, wiith a whole new style of architecture, even! Basically a new zone!
    You did not really expect that anytime soon, did you? To be honest, I wouldn't even expect that next year! :rolleyes:

The idea sounded more like an adventure pack or comic series than something for a holiday event to me anyway. Around Halloween would just be a good time for the release.

I did indeed make a mistake in remembering where it was in the report. I no longer expect to see that event before Halloween 2014.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Could someone define that for me. That's pretty vague.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    secksegai wrote: »

I had a laugh when I looked at that first time round, imagined words and message leaking off the mail xP.

I guess it means the items when taken from mail would sometimes leak out into game like you were discarding it or something?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2012

TBH, I have no idea. I didn't have a chance to clarify all the details of the patch notes before the dev team was done for the day. :/ If you're all really curious, I can ask around.

EDIT: Maintenance be done, yo.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Dude, don't look now, but your chestplate is leaking. That's gonna be hard to get off the floor, especially with all that Qliphothic seepage soaking the rug already..."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2012
    TBH, I have no idea. I didn't have a chance to clarify all the details of the patch notes before the dev team was done for the day. :/ If you're all really curious, I can ask around.

EDIT: Maintenance be done, yo.

Definitely curious.

TT, your honesty is refreshing.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    According to any antiterrorism training I've ever had, leaking mail is a bad sign...
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Whoever told you to describe the error as "leaking" must be an a*****e or doesn't know what it is either.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok they have made Shadow Skull Flight, now, when are they going to make a reskin of Hover Disc called Force Disc?!?

Le Force Disc

Basically what she is riding on here..
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I apologize for this patch note being vague. The term "leaking" was a reference to a Memory Leak we found with items that are removed from mail attachments. This fix was a Backend fix to improve stability of the Server.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok they have made Shadow Skull Flight

That is the weirdest travel power I have ever seen. Kinda makes me think of that one Doom monster thing. The flying skull things.

So, in conclusion, it's time I made a classical space marine character to shoot these flying skulls, and I'm not referring to the W40k variety everyone thinks of when they hear that term.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vorshoth wrote: »
    That is the weirdest travel power I have ever seen. Kinda makes me think of that one Doom monster thing. The flying skull things.

Lost Souls. With some red colouring...Yeah I could see that.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Lost Souls. With some red colouring...Yeah I could see that.

Fantastic. Now I can look forward to crowds of these things running into me while shrieking. At least they're not cliff racers.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2012
    So, in conclusion, it's time I made a classical space marine character to shoot these flying skulls, and I'm not referring to the W40k variety everyone thinks of when they hear that term.

40K Space Marines use machine guns that fire rocket-propelled grenades. Sorry man, but that wins.
  • fudgenpcfudgenpc Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    40K Space Marines use machine guns that fire rocket-propelled grenades. Sorry man, but that wins.

This IS Doom Guy We're talking about. He runs faster then rockets and can take a BFG to the face.

Alas, I'm getting off the subject. Yay, Halloween Blood Moon!

EDIT : Uh...Weird, wrong log in... It's Fudgey.
  • animaniac0451animaniac0451 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Classic Doom space marine I think you mean... Because Doom Guy isn't the Classic Space Marine.

Doom - 1993
    WH40k - 1987
    Aliens - 1986
    Jikuu Senshi Spielban - 1986
    Kyojuu Tokusou Juspion - 1985
    Armor (John Steakley) - 1984
    Spaceknights (Rom) - 1979
    Starship Troopers - 1959

Although.. if you're fighting flaming floating skulls? Doom Guy IS the go to guy.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    fudgenpc wrote: »
    This IS Doom Guy We're talking about. He runs faster then rockets and can take a BFG to the face.

Alas, I'm getting off the subject. Yay, Halloween Blood Moon!

EDIT : Uh...Weird, wrong log in... It's Fudgey.

Vote Doom Guy 2012
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    go go furry riders.
    Nepht, your signature leads to an odd picture , actually several.
    are the furries go go dancers?
    are people riding furries ?
    or (I hope) are they furries riding something?

Thank you for whoever said about the cyberpunk chest peice. I was wondering why none of my (female) characters could find it.

bad enough trying to locate hipan's hat . eventually found that... ack
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    chaelk wrote: »
    go go furry riders.

Thank you for whoever said about the cyberpunk chest peice. I was wondering why none of my (female) characters could find it.

bad enough trying to locate hipan's hat . eventually found that... ack

The Go Go Furry Riders arent a SG they are a state of mind. They cannot be explained only seen.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited October 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    I apologize for this patch note being vague. The term "leaking" was a reference to a Memory Leak we found with items that are removed from mail attachments. This fix was a Backend fix to improve stability of the Server.

Oh ok, that makes more sense.
    edited October 2012
    chaelk wrote: »
    go go furry riders.

It's a multi-reference to Power Rangers and Kamen Rider, I guess. And furries, of course. ^^