test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moira Sinclaire, the faith torn cleric.

cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Builds and Roles
Decided to try a unique character this go 'round and am having a lot of fun with her. Not optimized for damage or healing but rather well rounded.

The theme is just a normal, human cleric who is torn between the Holy and Unholy forces that fuel her abilities. Being torn between good and evil, she is unable to focus correctly and therefore unable to maximize her own potential.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Moira Sinclaire

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Hero
Level 6: Intimidating
Level 9: Finesse
Level 12: Agile
Level 15: Brilliant
Level 18: Diplomatic
Level 21: Coordinated

Powers:
Level 1: Vicious Strikes
Level 1: Thundering Kicks
Level 6: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Balance)
Level 11: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
Level 14: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 17: Compassion
Level 20: Open Palm Strike (Rank 2, Focused Chi Blast)
Level 23: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 29: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Fists of Righteous Flame)
Level 32: Ascension (Judgment)
Level 35: Dark Transfusion (Blood Sacrifice)
Level 38: Illumination (Rank 2, Brilliance)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Shadow Wings (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations:
Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Sentry Mastery (1/1)
download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
"There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nice ^^

I'm guessing your second travel power is waiting till Light Wings is made? :wink:
  • braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have a similar concept but built differently.

I have both the angel and the devil pet and I have Vengeance but I then use Fire/Flame Breath and Devour Essence and I have some claw attack (mainly for giggles and since she DOES have long fingernails/claws).

I -think- she uses Regen, although since its improvement Medical Nanites might help my angel and demon AND me (although I don't really care about them --- they are ranked up to max yet still mobile, but they're almost just "icing" since I rarely control them directly).

Not sure seraphim is the best passive for this build; you don't seem to have a large number of heals (which also makes me wonder whether Compassion is worth having there).

I'd be tempted to get Form of the Tempest so that your Hundred Hands and DEX secondary can rack up stacks real quick.... one of the Dragon attacks to trigger the Rush energy over time buff would be nice, but if you're purposefully not trying for an 'optimal' build I can see omitting it.

For a passive, I'd prefer a more generic slotted passive like Regen, Defiance, Invulnerability, Aura of Radiant Protection, or Lightning Reflexes. The AoRP has a zero-point advantage that you can choose to display some neat runes around your character if you like that kind of thing (I wish that Aura of Primal Majesty gave you that choice instead of sticking you with the magic symbol / wisps whether you like it or not).
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, thematically, a "cleric type" would probably have an "Aura" passive... whether that's optimal, who cares - it's about concept with this build, right?

I like the idea, but have to agree about the choice of Seraphim/Compassion...

Another thought would be to have TWO passives... an "evil" one (like pestilence or aura of ebon destruction) and a "good" one like Medical Nanites or the shield one... then you can make two builds, maybe the "good" one is more support, while the bad one is more offensive?

Interesting idea, nonetheless.

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]