test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to force people to level before alerts an still have queues going

finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
So everyone already knows. People level 13 and below queue up and this just steams us up. I have a proposition that will force lowbies to level to at least level 14 before queuing up for alerts and still keep our queues as quick as it is.

Make it so there is a sorting system that will put everyone that is level 14+ together and force people that are lower that into their own groups regardless of who queued first. In case there isn't enough lowbies the lowbies would then be placed into the level 14+ groups and vice versa. This would keep queues fast and reduce the stress of having to play with lowbies.
Post edited by finalslaps on

Comments

• twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why can't you use them as meat shields?

Or maybe even help them or something?
    If we did that, then the level 13 players would complain about the level 6's...

But regardless, I like the idea. There's really no way of helping them other than carrying the battle...

Create a toned down version for lower levels until they get the second Secondary Stat. It keeps the Alert leveling path open for low levels without hindering the main, higher level Alerts...

I gotta /sign this...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Of course, not all alerts of a kind are made that impossible by a level 8 or 2.

I seem to have noticed Dockside Dustups, especially Nemesis ones, really can't have characters under level 15 and still succeed. (I'd prefer 20, to be honest, on those.) While I have pulled off level 10 or so on a Soul Siphon, and still succeeded nicely.

The other problem, that I seem to run into a few high levels in Alerts who seem to have no idea to really play. While the queue idea is nice in theory, I would honestly in most alerts have a level 11 who knows what they're doing rather than a level 40 whose only contribution is dying horribly on every pull or so.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I rather support a level requirement of 15 for alerts. Let them play through Westside at least before the grind begins.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A sorting system could work.
    Or...
    I just had a thought. What if every time you beat an Alert, an unseen count goes up. The game then adjusts your secret Alert rating.
    Then, if you lose an Alert, it goes down.

So, if you are particularly good at Alerts, it's more likely to group you with people of similar capability, the same score give or take 3-5 Alert scorepoints above or below your own.

Of course, it's best if people never actually see their score though. Don't want it to be a bragging thing, just an unseen thing that makes superheroes of similar standards fight together rather than have, say, someone street-level like Kodiak fight alongside some cosmic-beating pees like the Star*Guardians to fight off some Galaxar. As a lore-fitting example of what I mean.

So, in this way, the game rewards you for having a good complement of powers, but as you get better, the challenges increase, hidden Alerts become added to your rotation, perhaps even old Event Alerts, until eventually you're mudwrestling a living incarnation of death itself in your skivvies.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I support this idea, also, thow in a tutorial on how to run each alert, so we can avoid people attacking mobs that are far away from the boss in the recruitment drives, please >__<

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    I support this idea, also, thow in a tutorial on how to run each alert, so we can avoid people attacking mobs that are far away from the boss in the recruitment drives, please >__<

Pleasure in playing games is derived from learning to overcome challenges.
    Handing people the cheat sheet that says "Do A, B, C and Win!" makes it boring.
    This is witnessed here constantly when people come to the forums read
    about an unstoppable build and use it. Then they cry "its too easy".

Learning is fun.
    Overcoming the ignorance of other players is about the only challenge in alerts.
    Whittling down a bag of hit points is boring.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pleasure in playing games is derived from learning to overcome challenges.
    Handing people the cheat sheet that says "Do A, B, C and Win!" makes it boring.
    This is witnessed here constantly when people come to the forums read
    about an unstoppable build and use it. Then they cry "its too easy".

Learning is fun.
    Overcoming the ignorance of other players is about the only challenge in alerts.
    Whittling down a bag of hit points is boring.

Yeah, you are right. I was thinking about the noobs. But noobs... Noobs never learn... :cool:

By noob I mean players that after you suggest them what to do they only keep doing it wrong, again and again, and blame the team for losing, but they never try something different. Like pew pewing with a The Mind or Radiant instead of spamming lovely heals to the tanks. :wink:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Why can't you use them as meat shields?

Or maybe even help them or something?

cuase generally they cant take aggro from most players; and often thier DPS is so low its more of a hinderence then actual aid, becuase it forces the higher level players to work double time to try to take down the boss.

basicly the lower lvls shove thier supposed duty onto the higher lvl players