test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow Wings Now Available

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2012 in Super News Network
Stain the sky with the nightmarish Shadow Wings travel power, available now in the C-Store!

The Shadow Wings travel power leaves an inky black trail as you fly, in a Halloween-themed mirror to the Phoenix Flight wings. Petty thugs won?t know what hit them, and even supervillains will quake when you dive from the sky with these wings.

This travel power is available now for 525 ZEN in Champions Online, the superhero MMO with complete customization and the most terrifying wings.

Read the blog post; the Shadow Wings are available in the C-Store.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elcymerianelcymerian Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Although, I won't buy these right away, it does look cool.

As a side note, is there some reason comments can't be posted to the "blog post" pages? Direct, immediate, non-forum feedback not wanted anymore?
  • braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've spent way too much money on travel powers that I rarely use, or that only one character uses, etc...

That said, it WOULD be more tempting if they had better (or SOME) screenshots of the flight power in action... as a gold lifetime subscriber, I might waver and spend my stipend on something like this, but not without seeing it in better detail.
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Will there be a light version of those? They look cool, but I'm really not into grimdark.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My Light Guardian needs a Light Wing's variant of this power, perhaps a perma rank 3 Ascension?
    edited October 2012
    vendince wrote: »
    Will there be a light version of those? They look cool, but I'm really not into grimdark.

lol exactly what I was thinking
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok, it's halloween. This is the theme.
    But there is not enough demons characters in this game ? It's already more demons online than champions online even before this event.
    And you add again a new bad/demonic travel power ? ok.
    I pass.

After this event, if you could do costume sets and travel powers for good superheroes, this will be a good thing. Really.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    BTW, you have very limited coloring of these. Color adjustments change the color of the 'explosion' when you first start them up (exactly like Phoenix Flight), as well as slightly adjusting a whifs of shadow they give off.

So if you want color picks, get Phoenix Flight.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Isn't that the phoenix fire flight??? :confused:

<And yes, I will spare my rant of villain/demon looking toons for another day, another thread maybe :3.>

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited October 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Isn't that the phoenix fire flight??? :confused:

<And yes, I will spare my rant of villain/demon looking toons for another day, another thread maybe :3.>

Not really, more fire/jean gray phoenix type flight, I am talking about riding on pure light wings, like shadow flight. Would make a great contrast like the difference between Become Celestial and Deathlord Devices.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not really, more fire/jean gray phoenix type flight, I am talking about riding on pure light wings, like shadow flight. Would make a great contrast like the difference between Become Celestial and Deathlord Devices.

Ooh!! I like that idea! :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So all the demons who used normal Flight and Dark Aura until now will be using these now? Okay, nice! They make bigger targets that way! Dr. Kaufmann approves! :biggrin:
    edited October 2012
    That means I'm a smaller target for Kaufmann. :biggrin:

Hey, can I have your autograph, Kaufmann? *ducks*
    edited October 2012
    That means I'm a smaller target for Kaufmann. :biggrin:

Hey, can I have your autograph, Kaufmann? *ducks*

You can have one of those: http://primusdatabase.com/images/e/e0/Business_Card.jpg

:tongue:
    edited October 2012
    Nice, I'll keep your people in mind for sure.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have to agree with many of the posters in this thread, there does seem to be "too many" dark/evil-themed costumes, powers, etc.

I would love to see "Light Wings" (like a permanent Ascension power) or just White versions of the Shadow Wings with Light Ethereal Wisps instead of Dark Shadows trailing off.

While we're on the subject, when can we see a "White Speed" and "White Aura" devices to compliment (oppose) the Dark Speed and Dark Aura devices already in game. I would really love to make a Celestial character that had a white glow akin to Dark Aura's "black flames" affect.

I mean, I get it, it's Halloween and this new TP fits that. I will probably buy it too (once I see it in action (Braxzana's is right, you guys need more/better/higher-rez pix and/or maybe some video)).

Bottom line, thanks for the cool/new addition to the game, but please start making more Light/White/Pure/Good-Themed Powers/Devices. Thanks. :smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have to agree with many of the posters in this thread, there does seem to be "too many" dark/evil-themed costumes, powers, etc.

I would love to see "Light Wings" (like a permanent Ascension power) or just White versions of the Shadow Wings with Light Ethereal Wisps instead of Dark Shadows trailing off.

While we're on the subject, when can we see a "White Speed" and "White Aura" devices to compliment (oppose) the Dark Speed and Dark Aura devices already in game. I would really love to make a Celestial character that had a white glow akin to Dark Aura's "black flames" affect.

I mean, I get it, it's Halloween and this new TP fits that. I will probably buy it too (once I see it in action (Braxzana's is right, you guys need more/better/higher-rez pix and/or maybe some video)).

Bottom line, thanks for the cool/new addition to the game, but please start making more Light/White/Pure/Good-Themed Powers/Devices. Thanks. :smile:

I think they could do some of this in the later event months,since halloween is mean't for this kind of stuff,maybe give us some stuff like this in December,or some other month,whichever works,but I definitely like the idea of light wings:biggrin:
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually the game features tons of "good" tp already... and only a few "dark evil boohoo" ones. Dark Aura can be colored if i remember correctly, aswell as skill colors. There are more important things, that the developers should focus on right now and tp / fancy gfx are their least problem, trust me.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Actually the game features tons of "good" tp already... and only a few "dark evil boohoo" ones. Dark Aura can be colored if i remember correctly, aswell as skill colors. There are more important things, that the developers should focus on right now and tp / fancy gfx are their least problem, trust me.

Dark Aura can be partially recolored in an indirect way. Only the inner "core" of the flames can be alters. The outer dark layer of the flames are perma-dark.

Or it could be direct if the the devs let slip the power # to recolor it directly.
    *bats eyes* :biggrin:
  • ghostdoggghostdogg Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like them and I am not a demon toon.

Just a pubescent, punk rock playin, mountain dew drinking, 200 year old mage. smirks :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If it weren't for whiskey the Irish would rule the world"
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »

Because costume sets and travel powers aren't their priority ?
    What is their priority then ? New playable content ?

Ps: dark aura can be coloried but there is always a dark effect gfx whatever the second color you choose.
  • tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looks like someone has been playing a little too much Darksiders.
    And I mean this in a good way.
  • thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So all the demons who used normal Flight and Dark Aura until now will be using these now? Okay, nice! They make bigger targets that way! Dr. Kaufmann approves! :biggrin:

You're still sore about the tea thing, eh? :tongue:
  • amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I could imagine Dark Seraph using these.
  • piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll buy this, it's cool. I don't really play shadow-based characters because, as other posters say, there's already enough of them in-game, but I love the design, and it's making me WANT to use it in concept.

However, I suggest a celestial variant, because imagine the tendrils in light blue. You don't even have to change anything, just how it responds to colour and how bright it is, if that's simple to do.

It fits with the light vs dark theme you're presenting with the latest transformation prizes, anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do like these. They are different enough from pheonix flight and they dont obscure your view as much. If you have a grim dark toon this travel power is a must.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ...I will be buying these tomorrow. They are too amazing not too! One of the best TP's to have come out recently IMO. Granted they do have limited themed use but... but.. THEY JUST LOOK SO COOL. I want to use them. I only have one super darky toon, I'm much more into elementalism and magic, but I'll find a place for this travel power, even if I need to make a new one!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A black Phoenix Flight? So this pretty much confirms that we'll never get black and white as power color options, because that would make this purchase useless otherwise.

Alternatively, adding black and white later will screw over anyone who purchases these. I wouldn't leave it past PW to do that though.
    edited October 2012
    You're still sore about the tea thing, eh? :tongue:

Naw, that's just the inofficial Kaufmann Inc. drinking game: Pick up a sniper rifle and take pot shots into Ren Cen or Club Caprice. Drink a shot everytime you hit something at least partially demonic. :biggrin:
    edited October 2012
    Naw, that's just the inofficial Kaufmann Inc. drinking game: Pick up a sniper rifle and take pot shots into Ren Cen or Club Caprice. Drink a shot everytime you hit something at least partially demonic. :biggrin:

Hehe, I think Senka might like to join in in that. Or is he sore at her for walking away with his tea? It was good stuff. I think she drank the lot.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I got them for my radiant. Yes the radiant is a demon, it was the nemesis for my angel scourge.

If you want to see funny, use the wings with a red/orange aura up and look like you are on fire. With dark aura on , it looks even weirder.

Flight itself, I already refer to as Smog flight due to the lumps of dirt constantly dropping off. Not just while moving.

In flgiht instead of pheonix flight big bright patch from the back you have an opache black one.

you can already do light coloured auras with powers. A white aura, I think would make it harder to see the character. You can make therakielks wings go a nice gold, if you colour them dark brown and put on max glow

erk.. just think of it in use with millenium flight.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!