test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Toons on my Cryptic account inaccessible.

kebravoskebravos Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
Joined Champions back in when it launched in 2009. I left the game for a while and have recently picked it up again. When I logged in I saw Perfect World now runs the game and I was asked for new log in details, so I thought all my old characters from 2009 had been lost forever.

Recently, I tried merging my PW and Cryptic accounts but apparently if you've already played the game using PW log in details your accounts automatically merge. Anyway, I found I can log in to my Cryptic account and I can see my original toons from the character selection screen but I can't play them. The play button is greyed out!

Also my Cryptic account reads as silver but I have an active sub on my PW account. In this case shouldn't it read as gold?!
Post edited by kebravos on

Comments

• pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    http://co.perfectworld.com/freetoplay

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Free-to-Play

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/F2P_FAQ/Characters

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Archetype

by PW account do you mean an account for Champions Online through Perfect World (Entertainment/International/whatever) or an account to the game Perfect World? Or just generally an account for Perfect World?

Because those aren't the same thing.

Gold means paying $15 a month for Champions.
  • kebravoskebravos Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the links, but they don't completely answer my query.
    pion01 wrote: »

by PW account do you mean an account for Champions Online through Perfect World (Entertainment/International/whatever) or an account to the game Perfect World? Or just generally an account for Perfect World? Because those aren't the same thing.

Yes I do mean Perfect world account for playing Champions Online. Like I said back in 2009 the log on screen only had Cryptic on it. Now it has both Cryptic and the Perfect World log on options.
    pion01 wrote: »

Gold means paying $15 a month for Champions.

Mkay this i know, but I was saying my Perfect World account shows up as Gold, but when I log on using my Cryptic account instead of the Perfect World, my play option tab is greyed out on the character selection screen.

Is this just a bug? Or do I have to put in a ticket for this issue?
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kebravos wrote: »
    Thanks for the links, but they don't completely answer my query.

Yes I do mean Perfect world account for playing Champions Online. Like I said back in 2009 the log on screen only had Cryptic on it. Now it has both Cryptic and the Perfect World log on options.

Mkay this i know, but I was saying my Perfect World account shows up as Gold, but when I log on using my Cryptic account instead of the Perfect World, my play option tab is greyed out on the character selection screen.

Is this just a bug? Or do I have to put in a ticket for this issue?

See, that's why I'm confused, you shouldn't even be able to log on using your Cryptic account AFAIK. Not once you've merged.

If that's the case, you may be bugged somehow, I would submit a ticket for support.

What happens when you log in to champions using the PW account? Can you still see your characters?
    edited October 2012
    When I log into the game using the PW account option, I can only see the characters I created when I returned to the game a week or so ago. My old characters don't show up at all unless I log into the game using my Cryptic account. So yeah may be its a bug I will put in a ticket. Thanks for the reply.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My best guess is that you didn't actually merge your account, you created a new one under PWI and your Cryptic one is still separate...

When I successfully merged my account, I was unable to log on using my old Cryptic account information at all. I had to use the new PWE account info. Trying to log in under the Cryptic account gave me an error....
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited October 2012
    Ok, but when I tried to merge my accounts following the instructions on the Perfect world web site, I got an error message saying the Cryptic account I'm trying to link to is already merged. So I don't think the error is on my part. The PW link account system is obviously flawed.