test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gloves: The Long AND Short of It!

orgamechorgamech Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
__There's an option for costuming that has gone unprovided since CO's launch. It's something that been flaunted on countless NPCs but not yet granted for customer-assembled characters. I'm talking about the situation where a toon has a Long Glove on one arm and a Hand or Short Glove with a Bracer on the other arm. Over the years, we have seen new folders added to all other divisions of the Costume Editor (except for Mood & Stance). There's no logical reason why the HANDS category should be left out. Here are some simple suggestions I'd like to make in regards to this situation:
_
  1. Move the "Bracers" tab into the "Hands & Short Gloves" folder.
  2. Change the "Hands & Short Gloves" folder's name to "Bracers, Short Gloves & Hands."
  3. Create a new folder to add to the "HANDS" category; "Right Bracers, Short Gloves, & Hands."
  4. Create another new folder to add to the "HANDS" category; "Left Bracers, Short Gloves, & Hands."
  5. Enjoy the Versatility!

__Why these options haven't already been implemented, I'll never know. My best guess is that it was simply some minor mark of separation that helped the content-related costumes stand apart from all of ours. Whatever it is, I think it's high time to finally get integrated in this department. A huge addition to the possibilities for our Champions' and Nemeses' outfits accomplished through a meager alteration of coding. Seems long overdue to me, does anyone else agree?
Post edited by orgamech on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've always thought it strange that Bracers were under Body. Just wacky. I approve of this idea. This would open up lots of cool combinations.

Consequently, I salute you for not only typing in an excellent manner, but indenting your paragraphs as well! :biggrin:

(If you use color=#0B0F1B in your tags, they'll be invisible!)
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I never understood why there are Robot right and left arm options but not right and left Short/Long Glove, it just seemed like what would make more sense.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I allways wondered why short gloves/hands and long gloves weren't just all one option
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Consequently, I salute you for not only typing in an excellent manner, but indenting your paragraphs as well! :biggrin:

(If you use color=#0B0F1B in your tags, they'll be invisible!)

__Thanks for the compliment, and the tip. I'll try to remember that next time..
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    orgamech wrote: »
    __There's an option for costuming that has gone unprovided since CO's launch. It's something that been flaunted on countless NPCs but not yet granted for customer-assembled characters. I'm talking about the situation where a toon has a Long Glove on one arm and a Hand or Short Glove with a Bracer on the other arm. Over the years, we have seen new folders added to all other divisions of the Costume Editor (except for Mood & Stance). There's no logical reason why the HANDS category should be left out. Here are some simple suggestions I'd like to make in regards to this situation:
    _
    1. Move the "Bracers" tab into the "Hands & Short Gloves" folder.
    2. Change the "Hands & Short Gloves" folder's name to "Bracers, Short Gloves & Hands."
    3. Create a new folder to add to the "HANDS" category; "Right Bracers, Short Gloves, & Hands."
    4. Create another new folder to add to the "HANDS" category; "Left Bracers, Short Gloves, & Hands."
    5. Enjoy the Versatility!

__Why these options haven't already been implemented, I'll never know. My best guess is that it was simply some minor mark of separation that helped the content-related costumes stand apart from all of ours. Whatever it is, I think it's high time to finally get integrated in this department. A huge addition to the possibilities for our Champions' and Nemeses' outfits accomplished through a meager alteration of coding. Seems long overdue to me, does anyone else agree?

Yes I do agree OP, completely. /signed, /signed and /signed again.:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh hell yeah. Great idea.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    __I'm glad to see that I'm not alone on this one. Let's hope that the Devs are just as enthusiastic. I can't really take credit for this "idea," I just gave what felt like a reasonable suggestion. Who knows, these opportunities may be something that's on their to-do list but keeps getting pushed back because none of us have stated the desire yet. There are a lot of NPCs that have piece combos that outright laugh in the face of our editor's limits. It's highly doubtful that the folks at Cryptic haven't noticed the gap. I think they can, at least, free up this one option for their customers.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    __Seriously, 275 views and only 5 responses? Come on folks, you could take a quick second or two and type "/Signed" or "Don't Care." Your opinions are valued here. Some of you MUST have a few ideas of costume combos that you'd enjoy using of this feature was added to the game. Please feel free to share them on this thread.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    to be honest,I don't really know why bracers,something that goes right above hands,is listed in the chest/torso category,so it would be logical to move it.

/signed
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed
    completely agree
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I suggested this way back in the Alpha, but... well, hell, I'll just say it.

You put it so eloquently and made it easy to understand.

My old suggestion was a mess of run-on sentences buried in another long list of other suggestions back when ninety percent of all our posts were suggestions.

Not only do I /sign, I'd also like to subscribe to your newsletter and view the website.

"Hot Glove on Glove action!"

I'm going to hell, aren't I?
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is so brilliantly obvious it's a wonder why it's not already been implemented.
  • Options
    thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed, relevant to my interests
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bumped again - why not
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed from me! It would help on cybernetic characters a bit to have a Long glove on one hand, and a glove that matches the costume on the other.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You should be able to use Long Gloves with Bracers. It's a heroic thing to do.

/signed
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!