Level 12: Agile
Level 15: Academics
Level 18: Coordinated
Level 21: Shooter

Powers:
Level 1: Power Bolts
Level 1: Concentration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Overdrive
Level 8: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 11: Mini Gun (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Evasive Maneuvers
Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Sonic Device (Rank 2)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 32: Masterful Dodge
Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
Level 38: Energy Shield (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Revitalize (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)

in my opinion it does very high damage and crits a lot (but i havent seen much in the game yet :P) minus is that it consumes HUGE AMOUNT of energy, but i have to say i like it. I used INT as primary to decrease costs of powers, dex for criting and ego for range damage - i was wondering about rec instead of dex.
What do you think is this good as DPS ? i tested it in HYBRID and RANGE DAMAGE roles, and i didnt see much difference. I use three attacks at the same time: tap Concussor Beam, tap minigun and recharge chest beam.

Thank you for all your answers.
Post edited by sponyja on

Comments

• lukasthedeadlukasthedead Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You might want to first checkout Pulsewave's DPS Power Armor Build if your haven't already: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2101018&postcount=5

There are some tweaks to the efficacy can be made but you should be able to happily blaze your way to glory with the build you've got. . .however, I assume this build is not listed in the order you plan to get those powers, I'd suggest getting Mini-gun and your passive as soon as possible.

So, on to the nitpicking!

Quarry is a great passive, but has a lesser bonus to non-physical attacks (like Concussor Beam and Chest Beam). I'd give Targeting Computer a try as your passive, or see how swapping Concussor Beam and Chest Beam with Micro Munitions and Tactical Missiles works out (see Pulsewave's build above).

I'd also think about taking Phalanx Defense System for Energy Shield to help reduce the amount of damage you are taking while attacking rather than ranking it to 2.

For my variation I swapped out Dex for Constitution and moved in Dark Transfusion w/ Blood Sacrifice . . .but that's cause I like killing myself for extra energy and damage.
  • s3rjus3rju Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    as far as i know targeting computer was never fixed via locked on applying the crit chance/severity bonus properly.
    bare in mind that you will have less survivabilty with targeting computer, the dmg difference is actually very small and if you consider the benefits you get from quarry it's a defenite choice to take.

i'd go dex/int/ego instead or and keep dex on the low side while boosting your secondaries specifically int for more stat bonus, reason doing this is because of how the deadly aim spec works on the dex tree(scales off your secondaries, which get increased by your audacity stacks as well). so you'll end up with an escelating severity=more crit dmg effect.

the adv on mingun is very useful for getting more dps since you get a -7.5% debuff per stack to all dmg on the target
    i don't see any heals other than resurgence that scales on con btw, but it's more of an oh !@% button than a heal, and it has a long cooldown, since you got masterful dodge may i suggest bountiful chi resurgence? don't forget the adv to get extra healing ticks when you use masterful dodge.

i'd switch sonic device for fire all weapons, it does alot of dmg in a wide aoe, the cooldown is managable.
    take phalanx adv on energy shield, another layer of defense can't hurt.
    switch conviction for reconstruction circuits, it has a longer lasting effect and it's a toggle so you'll also get energy back from it thanks to overdrive.

ill post again if i missed something, but you should be pretty much setup with what you got so far :) enjoy :biggrin:

My build directory (work in progress)
    Guide list
    Freeform Builds

In loving memory of AngelofCaine.
  • sponyjasponyja Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i understand you, i think :P

what about this ?

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Sureshot
    Level 6: Brilliant
    Level 9: Indomitable

Powers:
    Level 8: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Eye Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Deafening Dissolution)
    Level 29: Resurgence
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)

i see that eye beam is not as good as mini gun, but now i can use electric form which gives me higher euqilibrium and 25% Energy Damage which beams are. But now the minus is this lacks AoE and focus on 1 target mainly.
  • lukasthedeadlukasthedead Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Eye Beam == The Suxzor :wink:

Even if you went Electric Form mini-gun would do more damage and it's Advantage would cause it to do even more.
    edited October 2012
    i think that i wont like the previous one :P
    i have read all answers once again and made this:

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 14: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds)
    Level 23: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 26: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Deafening Dissolution)
    Level 29: Fire All Weapons (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 38: Lock N Load

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Rocket Jump (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
    Dexterity: Evasion (2/2)
    Dexterity: Quick Reflexes (3/3)

i will test it today on powerhouse in the team isntance 5, HARD and see what it can do,
    i am still wondering about concussor beam and tactical missiles because beam works better in my concept, and it still can do quite good damage (i think)

thank you all for answers!
  • s3rjus3rju Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Eye Beam == The Suxzor :wink:

Even if you went Electric Form mini-gun would do more damage and it's Advantage would cause it to do even more.

actually they recently buffed eyebeams by 78% so it's actually pretty good now... you can use it with concusor and lightning arc for some massive single target dmg.

My build directory (work in progress)
    Guide list
    Freeform Builds

In loving memory of AngelofCaine.
    edited October 2012
    i have energy problem - i cannot load all three attack powers :/
    edited October 2012
    i resolved it by getting primary stat REC, second: INT and END and going into hybrid role :)
  • doll1989doll1989 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sponyja wrote: »
    i resolved it by getting primary stat REC, second: INT and END and going into hybrid role :)

What about your gear? Are you lvl 40 and do you have cost discount gear and mods? In hybrid role you will deal noticebly less damage then in DPS role.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have an "energy alien" type toon that is somewhat similar to the "Electric Form" build you posted a while back. I primary ss'd INT and have "Preparation" which really helps with energy management. I secondary ss'd Dex and Rec, geared for Ego/Con. It's a crit machine, a bit squishy, but I can maintain eye beams (that have been much improved) and Plasma Beam (a love it or hate it power, due to the elevation issue).

His build can be found here. It's a blast playing him, and while I cannot go 1 on 1 with Ripper in Viper's Nest or Necrull in Burial Caves, on team play it shreds whatever the tank has the aggro of! Since I have just come off getting two more "tank-like" solo survivors to 40, I wanted to really focus on a "glass cannon" type toon. I am planning to take Invuln at 38 for more survivability and more options in the end game, but the goal was to output as much damage as possible. I may just not take it and rank up sparkstorm and recon circuits...

Anyway, thought you might like to see what others (me!) have been doing with PA-like builds.

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Concentration scales on INT or EGO. Since the pure damage boost from EGO is not that big
    if you don't need it to push your form, what about INT / DEX / REC instead ?
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited October 2012
    now i can in ranged damage role often load all three attacks - i am now 38 lvl and my gear is... quite weak :D i think because i dont understand items in this game :P i will try to get better gear when i will get to 40.

I have one question - is it possible to make a build that do so much damage that it will kill powerhouse training NPC in 3 - 5 seconds ? :D

on this build i put all 3 powers with sonic device and it is hit by about 50 % max after some seconds ( 5 ? ) and he just disappears - i cannot finish him after he is pushed away from me with chest beam :P
    edited October 2012
    i like this build very much, it does enought damage for me - i am happy with that :)

but i am wondering now to change some things, i would delete FIRE ALL WEAPONS - this is good but has long recharge time, i would change to micro munitions so i have two AoE: minigun and micro munitions that i can use all the time and still can use concussor beam + mini gun + chest beam on bosses and pvp maybe (duels i think ? ) and build is still focusend on making damage.

and Evasive Maneuvers i would change into one of this:
    - RECONSTRUCTION CIRCUITS - nice healing i think - i wasnt using Maneuvers at all and healing would be nice
    - EGO SURGE - another like lock n load damage increase
    - IMMOLATION - same as above but with power discount

so now my build would like this:

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Recovery (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 14: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds)
    Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 23: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Deafening Dissolution)
    Level 26: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 35: Lock N Load
    Level 38: Immolation

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2)

what do you think ?