test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No ears option

cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
I would like a no ears option for my character in the Tailor. I have a character that is an alien that has no visible ears, and none of the costume pieces that I have that cover the ears look right.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed

Some of the character haf the cat ears or bunny ears and it looks a bit silly, having four ears then. Maybe they should add an extra ear option additional to the side accessories.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Might be low-hanging fruit, or a nightmare, depending on whether the base head texture contains ears or not.

Interested in seeing this, too. I have many alien and robot concepts where there are no ears at all.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed flipped and /signed again
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can get behind this suggestion.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, considering my massive collection of persons of the cat persuasion... I'm all for this, cause I keep having to use the "Human ears for below 20Khz and cat ears for above 20Khz." rationalization for when I want to use a hairstyle/hat/helmet that won't hide the human ears.
    Might be low-hanging fruit, or a nightmare, depending on whether the base head texture contains ears or not.

Well, considering the head is a separate model from the body, it shouldn't be too difficult to just cut the ears off the human head, seal the holes, and clone tool the ear on the texture out. Thereby just making a new head option like beast/monster/what have you.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cerebellum wrote: »
    I would like a no ears option for my character in the Tailor. I have a character that is an alien that has no visible ears, and none of the costume pieces that I have that cover the ears look right.

To this suggestion I will add "no mouth" option. Would be nice if they could do something about how "tightly fit" full masks look like as well. It's weird to see the toon's lips wit full masks.
  • Options
    cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    I would also like to say that the "no nose" "alien" style would be nice if it didn't have to be so flat against the face, and have a slight bump. Thought it would be good to mention the idea here, since I wanted both of these things for the same character. :biggrin:
  • Options
    gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /so very signed
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've run into the ears problem myself when trying to come up with a half decent costume so count me in as for the idea.
    edited October 2012
    /signed

We have a head with no nose. We have two heads, Half Mask and Full Mask, with no visible ears.
    This is one of these small changes even a decent modder could make. I mean, it really doesn't get much easier than kitbashing existing costume pieces, now does it? :wink:
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed

Because I want to wear cat-ears without wearing the same hairstyle every other kitty-people is using to avoid showing the other awkward pair of ears... :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!