test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blood Moon This Weekend

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2012 in Super News Network
The Blood Moon special event returns to Champions Online this Friday, as a special taste of the terror to come later this month. Face the Undying Lord Takofanes' servants and earn updated rewards from Friday through Monday morning!

The Blood Moon rises over Millennium City at 10 AM on Friday, Oct. 12, and this special event will run until 10 AM on Monday, Oct. 15 (Pacific). Get more details in the blog post, and discuss it here.

Blog post
CO Wiki entry
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Something has changed from old Blood Moon or just same?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It is nice there is going to be some event, but I think lots of people were expecting and looking forward to:
    stokeman wrote: »
    ? ?Terror in Time? Halloween Content
    - The villainous vampire Draycul Vladic travels back in time to foggy London to breed an army of vampires before the dawn of heroes?
    - Players will follow him to the past to thwart this plan, teaming up with the great ancestor of the current Black Mask
    - Rewards and associated content include the fashionable Victorian Steampunk costume set, Wolf Transformation Superspeed Travel Power and more!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Since that was just under discussion and not confirmed, don't expect nothing until it's in the PTS....

Like 'Release the Kraken!!!'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    so wait, have any of the rewards been looked over for this event?

And also from the sound of it are we going from one version this weekend to the other version later this month or is it a revamped version that we haven't seen yet?
    edited October 2012

And also from the sound of it are we going from one version this weekend to the other version later this month or is it a revamped version that we haven't seen yet?

As far as I can tell, this weekend is the bloodmoon that was once a monthly event, and later is the halloween version.

They are not all that different, in the first you fight a 'Deathlord', in the second Tako himself, the rest is all the same.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012

From the Blog:
    the Deathlords. These villains protect their master as he menaces Millennium City, and if defeated, will drop rewards updated with On Alert gear.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Okay, I didn't see that last little bit when reading the blog. I'm a little sad that its the same old even but at least they've been listening to the forums and updated the loot for all those who have done this event several times before, so thank you.
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aiqa wrote: »
    It is nice there is going to be some event, but I think lots of people were expecting and looking forward to:
    "until field report"

Yes. Some of us would like to see new things to do in this game, than the same old content coming back again and again.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    These villains protect their master as he menaces Millennium City, and if defeated, will drop rewards updated with On Alert gear.

That's not very reassuring. As of the current situation, probably 1/4 of the content bosses updated with On-alert rewards drop absolutely nothing (not even questionite boxes), namely the ones in adventure packs and comic series.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2012
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    That's not very reassuring. As of the current situation, probably 1/4 of the content bosses updated with On-alert rewards drop absolutely nothing (not even questionite boxes), namely the ones in adventure packs and comic series.

Hrm. Would you mind listing them for me, so I can report it to the devs? That's an issue that should be easy to fix.
    edited October 2012
    Hrm. Would you mind listing them for me, so I can report it to the devs? That's an issue that should be easy to fix.

I understand Cryptics working hard for new things but please don't forget fixing Legacy Power Replace Items cosutme unlock. I send the ticket, got response and waiting for fix 3 month already. Please report Devs about that too. xD
    edited October 2012

I think this is outdated information.
    I just tested all the bosses except for the Deathlord.
    I got a 'UNTIL Equipment Kit' from every single one, and a chance at the zombie costume unlocks.
    When opening them I got:
    • Chance at random green/blue primary gear (post on-alert)
    • Chance at random green/blue/purple secondary gear (post on-alert)
    • Chance at a random IV/V mod (armor, enhancement and core)
    • Chance at a catalyst (only got 10% ones)
    • 1 UNTIL Recognition
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think this is outdated information.
    I just tested all the bosses except for the Deathlord.
    I got a 'UNTIL Equipment Kit' from every single one, and a chance at the zombie costume unlocks.
    When opening them I got:
    Chance at random green/blue primary gear (post on-alert)
    Chance at random green/blue/purple secondary gear (post on-alert)
    Chance at a random IV/V mod (armor, enhancement and core)
    Chance at a catalyst (only got 10% ones)
    1 UNTIL Recognition

He wasnt refering to the bloodmoon event bosses but those that were updated with on alert drops when on alert launched, he specifically mentioned those in adventure packs and the comic series
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm still a little disappointed they decided to go with Vampires in London instead of Werewolves in London.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm still a little disappointed they decided to go with Vampires in London instead of Werewolves in London.
    They couldn't get the Queen to agree to go walking with Lon Chaney Jr. And the one at Trader Vic's had mussed-up hair.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    They couldn't get the Queen to agree to go walking with Lon Chaney Jr. And the one at Trader Vic's had mussed-up hair.
    Yeah, but I'd still like to meet his tailor.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, but I'd still like to meet his tailor.

Personally I think the problem is Lawyers, Guns and Money myself.

Oops. All I've got.... :redface:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012

They thought about it, but:

1) Pina Coladas are alcoholic and the ESRB may complain...

2) Trader Vic's is trademarked...

3) They just couldn't get the hair perfect...

Personally I think the problem is Lawyers, Guns and Money myself.

You're just an Excitable Boy. Trouble Waiting To Happen...

:biggrin:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited October 2012
    Wheres Blood Moon? I see nothing. :3
  • neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Wheres Blood Moon? I see nothing. :3

I'm seeing... Many words...

"Error 4: Attempted view is invalid. Restart in 7... 6..."

"Patching"

... And then... Nothing.... Because "Patching" is not coming at all... Happy Bloodmoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    I'm seeing... Many words...

"Patching"

... And then... Nothing.... Because "Patching" is not coming at all... Happy Bloodmoon

Same problem, can't get in game now at all.
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not to mention that after I could get in, I crashed after defeating Firefight. This is keeping me from enjoying this Blood Moon.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The stability seems to be fixed.

And Mona, you didn't see anything yet because the event was scheduled to start at 10 am server time, and you posted at 9:50. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    And Mona, you didn't see anything yet because the event was scheduled to start at 10 am server time, and you posted at 9:50. :smile:

I slept off after post. xD

Well... anyone got anything new? I got 10% catalyst & some scrappy gear, PRIMUS Recog and thats all. :(
  • thebrainstemthebrainstem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »
    I slept off after post. xD

Well... anyone got anything new? I got 10% catalyst & some scrappy gear, PRIMUS Recog and thats all. :(

Same from the Until Equipment Kit.

I noticed that the last boss in the crypts wasn't updated for new drops - I've gotten several health and energy on kill items, and a bunch with flavor text from him. (Even though both of the crypt midbosses have been updated and drop questionite boxes, and even the glowy treasure chests throughout the crypts now give you Treasure Box grab bags.)

Good for those who wanted health or energy on kill items, I suppose!
    What's the deal with Tako's Deathlords dropping Primus recog and maybe a lvl 20-25 green item? Other than the AF, does that fight drop anything worthwhile? What am I missing here? :confused:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited October 2012
    Re: Crypt Treasure Boxes

It's a good way, I guess, to stock up on things like the pestilent cloud summon and whatever else used to come directly out of those chests, because I have twenty two treasure boxes and can't open any more due to getting the "You may only have one of a unique item" message.
    Final boss(es) of the crypts, the Harbinger(s) of Woe still loot an item from before the On Alert update.

Please update their loot as you did the other ones. Thanks.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • dragonblueydragonbluey Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm so tired of opening pseudo grab bags and getting catalysts. They're so trivial that I might as well have opened the box and gotten a pie in the face.

It's also frustrating because I get a grab bag ("equipment kit", how many names for these things are you guys going to come up with), I open it, and the loot goes to my overflow bag, so then I have to open that, and press take all to get it into my main inventory. It kind of unnecessarily adds another step to looting, and gets old fast. Whatever happened to just having the loot in the open mission reward halo to pick up?

Also, do the Bloodmoon undead hero devices still drop, or are those gone forever? In my two years of Halloweens and full moons I have never gotten one of those to drop.
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you're getting things in your overflow bag, it usually means your first bag slot is full. The game has always had difficulty recognizing additional bag slots having open spots. Devices can drop randomly from the bags.
    edited October 2012
    Also, do the Bloodmoon undead hero devices still drop, or are those gone forever? In my two years of Halloweens and full moons I have never gotten one of those to drop.

I was running the overworld event stuff with a friend earlier, and she got Radion's Revenge (in lieu of an UNTIL Equipment Kit, I believe). So, yes, they're still around.
    Was making the devices a super rare drop really necessary? This may sound harsh
    but how are silver player supposed to buy the devices now? They used to go for
    around 250g in the ah now that you cannot get them drop directly anymore the prices are going to
    skyrocket.The 250g limit is already seperating the game into an awful 2 class system,
    why did you / do you always have to make it even worse for us silver players?

bad, bad bloodmoon. The grab bags are the exact same as in the destroid alert, just switched out 1 item. If you really wanna consider updating anything, try getting rid of that stupid game breaking 250g limit for us silvers, tyvm.
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Was making the devices a super rare drop really necessary? This may sound harsh
    but how are silver player supposed to buy the devices now? They used to go for
    around 250g in the ah now that you cannot get them drop directly anymore the prices are going to
    skyrocket.

No, the devices do drop directly, the same as ever. You do not get the devices out of grab bags.