test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roinesh Ensnarement in Whiteout

neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Power Discussion
Hello, I'd like to know how you deal with the "Roinesh Ensnarement" in Whiteout (last episode, before the boss). The fact is, when I'm taken with this attack, it's just impossible to continue. As regeneration (with CON as is primary stat) is my passive, currently it's like a forever hold. In fact, as i'm writing this, it's been 10 minutes I've been hold. I tried to boost "unyielding" (with hold increase resistance of more than 40%, it makes me wonder if "specializations" have any true impact on the game), there is no difference at all.

Is it a bug ? Please, tell me what you did, as right now, it's my only problem with this adventure pack.

Thanks by advance :smile:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by neandertalia on

Comments

• knaghknagh Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm new, but I soloed this mission arc and will offer you my experiences.

I used the temp travel power that the boss from the previous mission dropped for me ... the one that turns you into a pile of black goo and you can travel "invisible" to the enemy. Bypass the trouble-makers with it and go to the end of the map, click the door and presto! Next mission starts. (Its only one type of enemy that uses the repeated entanglement power, I forget which.)

Eight year, two month resident of Paragon City finding new challenges and combating new evils in Millenium City.
  • neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks a lot !!! I didn't think about this power at all :smile: it'll help me for sure now^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knaghknagh Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just be prepared for that final encounter! It's delightfully surprising yet quite a challenge.

Eight year, two month resident of Paragon City finding new challenges and combating new evils in Millenium City.
  • jayleia1jayleia1 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh, my, yeah, I'm an Invincible, with multiple specs that regen me (including one that regens on holds)...I didn't have that transference thing equipped myself, duh.

One way I found of dealing with them was to advance cautiously, and RUSH back...then unload with AoEs.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This has been brought up many times, and they have supposedly started to fix this on the PTR, but I've not checked it (nor is my faith in their abilities to fix bugs that high).

I also did this as a regen-based tank, and basically rushed in, killed 1, killed myself to respawn, repeat.

It was so bad, I'm never going to play this otherwise excellent content until it's all fixed.

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    r0y0 wrote: »
    This has been brought up many times, and they have supposedly started to fix this on the PTR, but I've not checked it (nor is my faith in their abilities to fix bugs that high).

I also did this as a regen-based tank, and basically rushed in, killed 1, killed myself to respawn, repeat.

It was so bad, I'm never going to play this otherwise excellent content until it's all fixed.

-r0y

I use a regen/munitions Dogz toon, not very good with DPS. I used a respec to pick the sparkstorm with "electric personnality" which is not too bad but I found it horrible with my toon's profile, so I got rid of it. The best way stays the device of "oozthing tunneling" dropped by the general (for people who don't have some tunneling or teleport powers :biggrin: )

And suddenly life gets better and better :smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    This behavior is a bug that was brought to my attention this morning. It should be fixed in the next patch.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This behavior is a bug that was brought to my attention this morning. It should be fixed in the next patch.
    Sounds like a communication breakdown, if you are only now just hearing about this.

Smithers? Release the hounds!

-r0y

(I'm glad it is being addressed, as Whiteout is possibly the coolest content in the game)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]