test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

color tinting for silver players

captgrizzcaptgrizz Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
I realize this topic has been brought up in the past. The reason I bring it up again is that it would help so many of us in feeling connected to our Archtypes. Even if you just set certain flight powers so that they turned the color of the first colored power in an archtypes powerset progression. Say a void archtype using powerflight, the powerflight would be colored purple so on and so forth. Even if we had to pay to unlock the ability it would help out a great deal. Thank you for the time, here is the soapbox. Have a great day.

Once I was Grizzlan, but I got promoted :tongue:
Post edited by captgrizz on

Comments

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed.

This would be a great addition to the C-Store.

I think it would be an even better, "free gift," for Silvers who have spent, "$ X," in the C-Store.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    although i personally would have no problem with silvers being able to purchase color changing .
    it crosses dangerous line further
    if you can buy all advantages of gold whats to keep people subscribing?
    money cap and color changing are the only 2 things you cant buy outright.
    so maybe they will add this maybe they wont.
    i was surprised they had freeform slots
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I think it would be an even better, "free gift," for Silvers who have spent, "$ X," in the C-Store.
    edit: thats a great idea. encourages the trifties to spend more
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    i was surprised they had freeform slots

i wasnt. not at the price they are charging. at the purchase of 6 freeform slots you can go lifetimer with a total minimum slots of 16, unlimited gold benefits, cstore stipend, storage etc etc etc forever. looking at it that way it is a HUGE price tag.... but perfect for those who dont want all the other gold benefits and only plan on playing the one/two toons as freeform.. so its a win/win for customers and cryptic.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • ninjaworrior1234ninjaworrior1234 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I brought this same topic up myself but they should really allow silvers to change colour of there travel powers or powers for example, lets say your archetype is mind so your travel power becomes pink :/ and u costume is blue wouldnt it be better for a blue costume with blue travel power and powers so it would flow with your hero ? Like CoH allows us to change colours of our powers to any colour we want for free :/ but not here so sigh ! please allow us to change colour.
    :smile:
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    please allow us to change colour.

The only way that will happen is via some sort of C-Store token. Otherwise they'll never let slivers tint powers because that means one less thing that Gold subscriptions actually have going for them.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    5000 zen item and I'm happy with it. Once, per slot :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    5000 zen item and I'm happy with it. Once, per slot :3

I assume you mean once per character slot...

Because once per power slot, and that's going to get very spendy... :eek:
  • djwinzadjwinza Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No, there, summed it up in a single word. There are now too few things that are making being a gold/lifetimer player that isn't sold piecemeal anymore.
  • captgrizzcaptgrizz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    djwinza wrote: »
    No, there, summed it up in a single word. There are now too few things that are making being a gold/lifetimer player that isn't sold piecemeal anymore.

this kind of attitude doesn't help anything. Besides that there are plenty of things gold and lifetime members get. Including the option of spending globals on personal bank space, four bag slots, vet rewards, extra auction spaces. A monthly stipend. Allowing silver players to have that extra layer of customization wouldn't really hurt much since its purely cosmetic.

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cptvanor wrote: »
    I assume you mean once per character slot...

Because once per power slot, and that's going to get very spendy... :eek:

But of course! Once per character slot :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Offer unlimited color changing PER SLOT for like 200-400 Zen. It's cheap enough that someone would consider it, but expensive enough that if you're a player w/ a bunch of alts, subscribing becomes a more appealing option.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Offer people what they want to buy or shut your doors, that's pretty much standard for a business.
    Three month sub sale hasn't increased player numbers, jets aren't bringing anyone into this game, free form slot is a rip off and everyone knows it.

Someone should put this game on suicide watch, it appears to be self harming.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Offer people what they want to buy or shut your doors, that's pretty much standard for a business.
    Three month sub sale hasn't increased player numbers, jets aren't bringing anyone into this game, free form slot is a rip off and everyone knows it.

Someone should put this game on suicide watch, it appears to be self harming.

There is a grain of truth to what you're saying. Since there isn't any tangible product here, all the stuff that gets sold basically consists of dev time and some additional website tweaking - like announcing the new stuff or adding it to the Z-Store.

Honestly, I'm surprised that the devs haven't made *everything* available a la carte. Resource cap increases, power tinting, even vet rewards - you want that avian warrior set badly enough - give it a dollar value and throw it up on the store. Vets won't mind too much since you've now attached a value to what they'll get for free (in time).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • captgrizzcaptgrizz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There is a grain of truth to what you're saying. Since there isn't any tangible product here, all the stuff that gets sold basically consists of dev time and some additional website tweaking - like announcing the new stuff or adding it to the Z-Store.

Honestly, I'm surprised that the devs haven't made *everything* available a la carte. Resource cap increases, power tinting, even vet rewards - you want that avian warrior set badly enough - give it a dollar value and throw it up on the store. Vets won't mind too much since you've now attached a value to what they'll get for free (in time).

I honestly think its only a matter of time. That being said, I think power tinting is kind of important to making silver players more in tune with their character concepts its the same thing that drives us to buy things like rocket boots and swinging travel powers :)