test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Been playing a year, decided to become social

sverbridgesverbridge Posts: 18 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Introductions
Hello all,

I've been playing CO on and off for a year now, solo, in the free to play arena and most likely looking to jump up into the paying status. I was playing DCUO a lot over the past year, but recently got quite frustrated and decided to play CO more often.

The character I play here is named Plex, a level 28 behemoth. I'll post more about Plex later when I find the forum message board for characters.

I used to play the Champions RPG a bunch of years ago. Plex was my first and best character there, so I figured transplanting him over to the online game would be fun. I am thinking about starting a mentalist character, but I am unsure as to the ability to solo with that type of character. More than likely, I'll end up starting up a mystic or a character with the ice powers. Who knows, if I actually start paying to play, my options open up a lot more, but I like using the archetypes.

Like I said earlier, I usually play solo since my hours of getting on are erratic, but now that it is getting cold and dark I am on more frequently. I'm not on every night but when I am the times are: weeknights: 9pm-11pm. weekends: after 9pm. This is all EST.

The perfect World stuff looks pretty useless here, or am I missing something? I was signed up under Cryptic a long time ago, back before CO even came out, but they made me register for Perfect World before I could do anything recently. And then I couldn't even use my user name from Cryptic, Plex.
Post edited by sverbridge on

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Get back under your rock!
    Nah I kid. Welcome into the sunlight.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sverbridge wrote: »
    Hello all,

I've been playing CO on and off for a year now, solo, in the free to play arena and most likely looking to jump up into the paying status. I was playing DCUO a lot over the past year, but recently got quite frustrated and decided to play CO more often.

The character I play here is named Plex, a level 28 behemoth. I'll post more about Plex later when I find the forum message board for characters.

I used to play the Champions RPG a bunch of years ago. Plex was my first and best character there, so I figured transplanting him over to the online game would be fun. I am thinking about starting a mentalist character, but I am unsure as to the ability to solo with that type of character. More than likely, I'll end up starting up a mystic or a character with the ice powers. Who knows, if I actually start paying to play, my options open up a lot more, but I like using the archetypes.

I would hold off on playing a Telepath until the revision of that set (currently under way on the test server) is complete. Telekinesis is one of my favorite sets (Ego Blades in particular) and I highly suggest checking out the Builds and Powers forum for some great guides.

Like I said earlier, I usually play solo since my hours of getting on are erratic, but now that it is getting cold and dark I am on more frequently. I'm not on every night but when I am the times are: weeknights: 9pm-11pm. weekends: after 9pm. This is all EST.

The perfect World stuff looks pretty useless here, or am I missing something? I was signed up under Cryptic a long time ago, back before CO even came out, but they made me register for Perfect World before I could do anything recently. And then I couldn't even use my user name from Cryptic, Plex.

I would use my standard, "welcome aboard, and remember to block," but youve been around for a while.

So, instead, Ill just say....Freeform character building is awesome. You will enjoy it immensely (no guarantees :biggrin:)

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    sverbridgesverbridge Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the info about the telepath revision. I have gotten used to blocking since I play up close and personal with my enemies. I decided to start up a mystic since I should probably figure out how to play a range character properly and that one seemed the most balanced for what I have access to in free play. I've based him around my favorite mystic, John Constantine.