test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New stance for female toons (well, it already exists, but only in tailor).

meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
edited October 2014 in Suggestions Box
Can we have this pose/stance selectable for female toons in tailor?
vbywm.jpg

It's current so-called static "stance" used for looking at body proportions when editing our toons. But it's hands down the best standing pose for female models - it isn't exaggerated (like "vixen" stance), nor plain boring (like "average" stance).
This slightly contrapposto simply looks incredibly good and natural. And it's slightly heroic too - I can recall very similar pose in many of Jim Lee's comics.
It's completely neutral with most of character concepts (excluding only really weird and monstrous ones).
Also, it shows character proportions and costumes really well.
Can we have it as a selectable stance (usable in costumes for outside-of-tailor gameplay)? Could be added as a new stance - "average 2" or something similar (because certainly there are few people who are liking present "average" stance and shouldn't be deprived such option).

Shouldn't be really difficult to do, male toons are already using their "static" stance in gameplay as an "average" one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed provided it was added as a new stance (some one will will use and like the current average)
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Both of the 'static' poses should be added in as usable poses. Little reason for them not to.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Both of the 'static' poses should be added in as usable poses. Little reason for them not to.

i agree. i would also like to say that the huge beast poxe of male toons be brought over for female toon use as well
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Gimme. It. Now.
    /signed so hard my screen keys break.

Female characters are avoided by me because they look WEIRD half the time. Stance, costuming... There's so much that simply doesn't work if you deviate not very far from the limits of the creator for female characters, while for dudetoons things are much simpler and robust, mainly due to the squarer shape that's easier to resize.

Giving female characters a more neutralish stance like this one would MAKE MY YEAR.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do agree, that would be a lovely stance to have.

I usually use Heroic, I refuse to use Vixen, but that one would work just as well, maybe evne better.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes that would be awesome.

Like a lot of things already in game, I really don't know why we don't have these but, what can you do?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • hidingcathidingcat Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Been at this for a long time. Astraea does look so much better, but it's not been done despite numerous please over time. Still, let's give it a go again. /signed!
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed
    agreed
  • gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed like the Declaration of Independence.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed!

Just take the "Static" stance, give it the walk animation of the Vixen stance (the only one really working for female chars), and done!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed!

Just take the "Static" stance, give it the walk animation of the Vixen stance (the only one really working for female chars), and done!

^Exactly so. Hell yeah, I mentioned this last week. We need better stances, starting with female default.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been mystified as to why "static" wasn't a stance option as well. If it seems to stiff, just have them look around a bit.

It'd be great if they could import some of the STO stances too. Probably more work than it's worth.
    /signed!

This. This! THIS PLEASE.
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This. This! THIS PLEASE.

yes this!!!
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like the hands on hips stance in the tailor and I would love it in game too.
    Great idea! Simple too since it exists already in some form.

/signed
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Excellent idea...I've been saying this for a while.:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /signed

And i also support using the vixen walking with it.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There's also the zombie stance... though not sure how many themes can go with it.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Bumpin'

Let's give female toons some love of non-ERP variety.

___
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    /sighed you had me at "stance and Female toon"

Can i'd also like to see that AT-ease pose as a emote, the one the gateway agents and project clockwork agent is
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why stop there? I think there should be a much wider selection than the FOUR stances females get. Characters need to be more expressive in CO.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Why stop there?

For the time being?
    Because the animation for this stance is already made and the stance for females is really needed as a stop-gap measure.

Currently there are simply no really good stances for females.

Going with this kind of shortcut, I'd also see static stance from males implemented for females along with its walk.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Currently there are simply no really good stances for females.

Quoted for utter truth.....none of the famale stances are up to par.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. This stance would be preferable on a wide array of potential female characters I would make.
  • bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    DO IT!
    They might as well since its already in the Tailor.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Going with this kind of shortcut, I'd also see static stance from males implemented for females along with its walk.
    That too. And while we're on the topic of existing stances, I'm sure there are a few stances in STO and NWO that could be viable here in CO(same game engine and all, they already share many features like some stances anyway). I'd also like a "weapon always visible" stance selection.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    /Bump
    /Signed
    /Regret Nothing

That pose is really neat and should have been available!

Fits for Classy-Serious characters of mine
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The jacked stances are one of the reasons I've never made a female character. All their stances look like they have broken hips or something.

Honestly I'd even prefer a more neutral stance, just standing fully straight. Like, you know, humans do.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone put this suggestion down in the PTS section.
    Things like this seem to get noticed a lot quicker than other spots on this site.

And yes. That static stance is perfect. Just perfect for my female toons.
  • dontaskdontask Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. Please give us this pose.
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The age of this thread certainly doesn't engender confidence in the perceived importance of quality of life changes.