What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noir Vision and Rainbow Randomizer devices

rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
Just two ideas for gimmicky devices.

Noir Vision
For a time, there was an interesting effect in the game. When you got close to the border of the map, the screen turned black and white (or more like dark sepia). It was a little weird, but the effect itself was really cool. A device that toggles this effect would allow the using player to see the game as if it was a noir movie/comic. :cool:

Rainbow Randomizer
There were a few suggestions for rainbow powers before, but mine is not about new powers or FX. The idea is a device that either selects the color of powers randomly per tick or has the colors circling in a loop of red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, indigo, violet and pink.

I am not sure if those are even technically possible. Just thought they would be fun to have. :biggrin:
Post edited by rokurocaris on

Comments

• Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That Noir effect still exists, and I agree, Noir vision would be awesome.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The noir effect you mentioned would be awesome,especially for the new players that go to the new "Bad MC" zone whenever it is released.
  • Options
    stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love the idea of playing the game with an Essential Marvel style Black & White environment. It would force me to play the game more often and I may even purchase it if it's a Z-store item. /SIGNED

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is a macro that you can set up that changes the color of all your powers every time you activate one. I personally don't have the macro written down somewhere because I haven't bothered to set up a character to do that yet.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is a macro that you can set up that changes the color of all your powers every time you activate one. I personally don't have the macro written down somewhere because I haven't bothered to set up a character to do that yet.

I searched for that macro, but couldn't find it. Where did you get it from?
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    its stickied in 'foxbats q&a'

title every color of the rainbow

btw i have it on a bunch of toons... looks awesome
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    dragonblueydragonbluey Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That color-change macro is cool, but because of how it works, it follows a preset "path" of colors that it cycles through. Furthermore, because of how both the key press and the key release trigger the cycle, some colors get skipped over.

Some kind of mechanism to make color-alternating a bit more user-friendly (dealing with bind files is definitely not for everyone; I managed to make Champions crash on every startup because I forgot a semicolon) would be nice. Something to make "truly random" color changing would also be cool, like a /powerhue random command.

The black and white vision on map edges is also pretty neat. I always imagined it that it was the "edge of the page" since it's a comic book-y world. I always feel like it would have more dramatic effect if it triggered when you were at low health, though.