test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Sentry - Twist Fate Bugged?

lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Power Discussion
It appears to me that the Sentry Specialzation Twist Fate is bugged. I was wondering if anyone else has used this/experienced it working or not?

The Spec's description is:
Your Energy Builder grants stacks of Twist Fate for 5s. Each stack increases your Dodge and Crit chance by 3%. Stacks up to 3 times.

I used my EB Radiance on the dummies in the Power House and I saw no Twist Fate "stack flag" on my HUD, nor did my Crit/Dodge stats change on my character sheet screen.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,407,733.

:frown:
jIBJh7X.jpg
When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Unfortunately, this may be a bug with the DUMMIES not acting like opponents rather than the power itself. I've had this happen a time or two with energy return powers. Try the training area that spawns opponents. Use a week opponent that you can otherwise ignore after a hit or two of your energy builder and see what happens.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think radiance is bugged with it. I use that twist of fate on test and live with no problems. Im all 100% its ur energy builder that combined with that advatage might create a bug issue. For me i used shadow EB and it works 100% hope that helps.
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Twist Fate doesn't work with radiance(thankfully)

But there are a few debuffs that work with radiance...and you can debuff yourself and friendly targets with it too...

One very bad thing that twist fate works with is wrist bolt (AA). Someday they MAY fix it or nerf it if they can't fix it(see imbue)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    Twist Fate doesn't work with radiance(thankfully)

But there are a few debuffs that work with radiance...and you can debuff yourself and friendly targets with it too...

One very bad thing that twist fate works with is wrist bolt (AA). Someday they MAY fix it or nerf it if they can't fix it(see imbue)
    I don't understand why it's thankful that TF doesn't worth with Radiance, nor why it's bad that TF works with Wrist Bolt... ???
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't understand why it's thankful that TF doesn't worth with Radiance, nor why it's bad that TF works with Wrist Bolt... ???

No reason to be thankful and no reason that it's bad.

Wrist Bolter with AA and Twist fate is actually really useful, since you can just maintain your EB while using other powers, so you constantly get the boost of Twist fate.

Also works well with Kickback.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • dragonblueydragonbluey Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think Ayonachan's point is that:

You can use Radiance on YOURSELF, so you could theoretically go around permanently sticking Twist Fate on yourself, much like how some people use Radiance to constantly trigger Revitalize.

Wrist Bolter's Automated Assault advantage lets it function as a straight-up hand slot attack rather than an energy builder, so you're basically getting Twist Fate stacks while getting around the "using your energy builder" caveat.
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think Ayonachan's point is that:

You can use Radiance on YOURSELF, so you could theoretically go around permanently sticking Twist Fate on yourself, much like how some people use Radiance to constantly trigger Revitalize.

Wrist Bolter's Automated Assault advantage lets it function as a straight-up hand slot attack rather than an energy builder, so you're basically getting Twist Fate stacks while getting around the "using your energy builder" caveat.

Yes.

(Note: This is just to get around that damn post requirement)
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Which is really no worse than having it on any other energy builder set to auto as your end builder would fire between attacks maintaing the stacks.