test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Advice

cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
edited October 2012 in Costumes and Concepts
I could use some advice on a costume I want for one of my toons. Right now I have these 2.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/attachment.php?attachmentid=79555&d=1349104419&thumb=1

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/attachment.php?attachmentid=79556&d=1347663652&thumb=1

The first one I wanted as kind of a color reversal of the first, with somewhat of an angelic look to it, but the halo that is currently available didn't look quite right. Also, given that purple, green, and orange are my favorite colors I want to keep them. The second picture has been updated, and she now has purple lightning on her legs. I tried putting the same leopard spots on the first one, but they were too fuzzy looking. I wanted to have more of very small dark purple spots. Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Find another picshare option that doesn't need to be logged in.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Find another picshare option that doesn't need to be logged in.

Ok, sorry. Do you know a good easy one I could use?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No problem.
    Imageshack
    Photobucket.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2012
    Ok, here's hoping that I am using ImageShack right. First up Dwarf Star's main costume.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/dwarfstar.jpg/

And her alt costume.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/starburst.jpg/
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I liked the first one a lot, just maybe better if the top and bottom matched.

It's hard to see because Imageshack trashes up their site with adds that are all in your face and I don't want to look at Modern Warfare 14 or whatever regurgitation of staring down the sights of an M4 is out this month.
    edited October 2012
    I liked the first one a lot, just maybe better if the top and bottom matched.

It's hard to see because Imageshack trashes up their site with adds that are all in your face and I don't want to look at Modern Warfare 14 or whatever regurgitation of staring down the sights of an M4 is out this month.

Thanks I had that at first, and I might try doing it again, but I wanted to put something a little different than just the black with very light spots on it. It seemed to need something, and the lightning storm pattern seemed nice. Currently she has a medium light purple for the lightning.
    For the second costume my idea is that when she is like that she is at full power, and perhaps she becomes that way also when angry(very angry, maybe somewhat like Super Saiyan). I wanted it to be somewhat of just a color scheme reversal, and maybe some angelic look to it, but the halo didn't fit too well, maybe some kind of crown or tiara might giver her the look I want.
    I also wanted to keep the spots, was going for an outer space kind of look, and wanted to invert it, but the leopard spots are too fuzzy for the lighter colors.
    The original character is somewhat inspired by Alien X from Ben 10 Alien Force, but I wanted a bit more color, and a bit more character.
    As for ImageShack, do you think that Photobucket would be a better place for me to use, so that the image isn't distracted from?

ETA: If I ever get some good high heels for the "beast legs" I would love to change both costumes to incorporate that, she is an alien after all. Which is why in the Star Burst mode, I gave her the noseless appearance, with the alien type. If I ever get another character slot, I would like to make an ice tank, and I am thinking something both regal, and undead, with lots of white, and some very light blue mixed in.
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cerebellum wrote: »
    I wanted it to be somewhat of just a color scheme reversal, and maybe some angelic look to it, but the halo didn't fit too well, maybe some kind of crown or tiara might giver her the look I want.
    How do you feel about a crown with purple flames? The Crown of Edom is a reward for completing the Comic Series: Aftershock.
    As for ImageShack, do you think that Photobucket would be a better place for me to use, so that the image isn't distracted from?
    I use AdBlock for Chrome, so I don't see anymore ads. I also use PhotoBucket, and slowly building up my stock of images and costumes to share. PhotoBucket doesn't mess up the file names like other image providers. And might as well plug Champions Online Costume Renaming Tool, for renaming your files in a manner you like without loosing the information.

Edit: Photobucket doesn't handle file names with spaces, so be sure it has _ or - when uploading a renamed file. It doesn't have a problem with CO's saved file names.
  • zoenderszoenders Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like to refer Killiandros. Check out his work. :)

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=182121&highlight=costume
    edited October 2012
    leihngwei wrote: »
    How do you feel about a crown with purple flames? The Crown of Edom is a reward for completing the Comic Series: Aftershock.

I use AdBlock for Chrome, so I don't see anymore ads. I also use PhotoBucket, and slowly building up my stock of images and costumes to share. PhotoBucket doesn't mess up the file names like other image providers. And might as well plug Champions Online Costume Renaming Tool, for renaming your files in a manner you like without loosing the information.

Will have to complete Aftershock then. Would think that that might look more demonic than angelic though, but we'll see. I will check out photobucket, and the renaming tool.
    edited October 2012
    A potential Dwarf Star model, still think it needs something in the hip area, but not sure what.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a482/Cerebrum123/th_Costume_DwarfStar3_zpsae1c849c.jpg
  • killiandroskilliandros Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok, here's hoping that I am using ImageShack right. First up Dwarf Star's main costume.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/dwarfstar.jpg/

And her alt costume.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/starburst.jpg/

I quite like the first one, I fulfilled a request for signs of the zodiac at one stage that might give you an indication of how you might use the standard black/white with highlight pieces (Sagittarius, Libra etc.)

Although, for this one I would possibly consider the swirl pattern with metallic effect. Possibly consider using the other types of wings that don't look like bird wings? If it's a cosmic type entity the bird wings don't fit - for me - conceptually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Champions Online has the best character creator - check out some of my creations in Killi's Consolidated Costume List !
    edited October 2012
    I quite like the first one, I fulfilled a request for signs of the zodiac at one stage that might give you an indication of how you might use the standard black/white with highlight pieces (Sagittarius, Libra etc.)

Although, for this one I would possibly consider the swirl pattern with metallic effect. Possibly consider using the other types of wings that don't look like bird wings? If it's a cosmic type entity the bird wings don't fit - for me - conceptually.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, cosmic is mostly the concept, but I want the Star Burst costume to have an angelic feel, I think that the Nephilim Wings might fit better, but right now what is available doesn't quite fit. I think I am going to put in the beast legs once I get some better high heel options for them. She is supposed to be an alien after all, and they certainly add a feel that is very different from the normal legs.
    edited October 2012
    Tried metal for the emblem, and it looked like wrinkled tinfoil. For the metal to look good it would need to on a um... flatter area, so that there are no unusual effects on it.