test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideas For New Powers for Laser Sword and more.....

sepheliussephelius Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
Here are some of the ideas that came to my mind recently.

Since the laser sword is a revamped of some of the blade powersset and heavy weapons, here is another idea for Laser Sword.
Laser Sword:
1. Energy Ground Wave(Name is WIP)
This power is a revamped of the Heavy Weapons power Earth Splitter. So instead the original animation, it will stab the ground with the Laser Sword and send shoot out a wave of energy that deals particle damage.

This section has nothing to do with Laser Sword but just my own suggestion.

I think its about time to include a "samurai" power set. What i mean is that the Blade attackis how it would look like in anime or movies. Here a some ideas.
1. Swift Wind:
This is a movement power. The user will dash and slash through the enemy/enemies in a single fluid motion dealing slashing damage. Range: 50ft, 2foot cylinder. Target: 3 max.
2. Lightnig Thrusts:
The user will thrust his/her sword with one hand multiple times in quick succesion dealing piercing damage. Range: 5tf, 5 foot cylinder. Target: 3-4 max. Maintain duration: 3-4sec, 0.5sec per dmg.
3. Zero Strike:
This a movement power. The user will pull back his sword like when doing the Skewer motion, the only difference is that the user will launch foward thrusting the enemy dealing piercing damage and knocking them back. Range: 50ft. Charging Time: 3sec. KnockBack: 6-10 feet.
4. Sword Parry:
This is a block power. The user will use his/her sword to block any incomiong attacks. The user will strike back at the enemy with his/her sword when he/she finds an opening.
Physical Dmg Resistance: 270%. Non-physical Dmg: 230%. Strike Back: every 2-3 secs within 5 feet, half the dmg that is dealt to the user send back to the enemy.
5. Wate Flow:
A quick 4-hit combo attack. The user will make a quick horizontal slash to the right, then to the left, a long slash back to the right where it will stun the enemy/enemies and finally the user will spin clockwise with a horizontal slash where it will knockback the enemy/enemies.
Target: 3 max. Range: 5ft, 145 degree cone. Sun duration: 1.2sec. Knockback: 5-10 ft.
Post edited by sephelius on

Comments

• rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I support the idea of reusing existing Heavy Weapons and Single Blade animations to create more variety, but whole new animations take a lot more time.

The powers I would like to see a Laser Sword version of are:

* Guard (actually, I want to see that as a Single Blade block too! :biggrin:)
    * Ego Blade Frenzy, single blade version
    * Vicious Descent
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As for single blade,HW,and laser sword powers,I always wondered why Guard is the only block that shows it,and only works with heavy weapons,why can;t we have something for single blade,that would also work for every other sword power in CO?

Also

/signed for new single blade powers
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Personally, I'd like to see the Tech Energy blades as available weapon models for the laser swords.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    All I ever wanted for Laser Sword, and now the other Laser Sword powers as well, is for it to use the hand slot.

I never heard a reason when the game first came out, aside from laser sword being an anomoly flavor power, for why the Laser sword powers don't use the hand slot.
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    What about a high powered range slash that either does wind, or energy damage. :biggrin:
    Would be perfect type of attack for a FF I want to make.