test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Splitting Chat Windows

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
This has probably been suggested before, but I didn't take the time to dig thru the threads...

One thing I desperately need is the ability to seperate the tabs in my chat window, so I have more than one chat window visible at a time....

It's killing me (literally sometimes) having to click back and forth between normal chat, combat and special chat tabs just to keep up with everything going on.

Yes, I could add the channels I want to one window and just watch it, but in the heat of combat info can scroll pretty fast in the windows as it stands now. I add more channels and it'll really be a blur...

Of course, it is possible this is in game already, and I haven't stumbled on the secret recipe to make it work :)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012

One thing I desperately need is the ability to seperate the tabs in my chat window, so I have more than one chat window visible at a time....

QUOTE]

If it is in the game I have not found it. I am used to Having 2 or 3 chat windows each with 3-4 tabs. I love being able to always see local/tell/team but still see my global and sg channals.

The limit of one nonsplitable chat window is very frusterating I miss a lot and i just had to forget about combat or npc all together.

WHat i do do is i have a spam channal with most the important stuff i leave on most the time. then i got area for local emote and team, global for global channals, sg for sg and my sg's global, info for rewards/mission/system and pm. if i see something i need i go to the appropriate tab.

but i would kill for even 1 additional chat window.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed, but only if it's optional.
    Personally, I find split chat not so practical. The dual window takes up too much space on the screen at the size I would want it to be.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Way to necro a 3 year old thread that got no support before btw.

And the answer to more chatwindows has been, 'Not gonna happen'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Way to necro a 3 year old thread that got no support before btw.

And the answer to more chatwindows has been, 'Not gonna happen'.

I don't think the answer has ever been it's not going to happen, just that there would be a lot of programming involved due to how the chat system was set up.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And that may be the reason why it's not happening?
    Could it be? I guess not. That would be just nitpicking.
    I can't quote since i can't remember who was it that said 'Not going to happen'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And that may be the reason why it's not happening?
    Could it be? I guess not. That would be just nitpicking.
    I can't quote since i can't remember who was it that said 'Not going to happen'.

I remember talking with one of the software engineers for the UI, I forget his name, was talking about all the little QOL stuff and the multiple chat windows was one of the subjects we were talking about. Not going to happen never entered the words being used, but essentially with how it was coded, it would require a significant re-write and thus would not be something to happen anytime soon.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS