test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Permanent BackUp Device Account wide

mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Items and Crafting
Please change the Permanent Back Up Device to account wide like the jet.
Call me silly or clever but I put a couple of these on one toon that I got through 15 hours grind on the Mega Destroid Event.
It annoys me that there are now scrap or unusable with the shared cooldown and I don;t believe I should be punished or not be able to move these that I got through hard grind.

Sorry to moan but it seems everytime an Uber Power or Device comes along, people want to nerf it??? Why is that ??? Is it they haven't got any of these themselves through not playing regularly.

If they cant be changed then fine but the idea must of crossed the Devs minds that people will collect these and add 5 to a Toon to try to be Uber Builds???:mad:
Post edited by mholds1 on

Comments

• Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mholds1 wrote: »
    Sorry to moan but it seems everytime an Uber Power or Device comes along, people want to nerd it???

I believe you mean nerf it, not nerd it...

And the reason should be fairly obvious if you actually stop and think about it. If it's that uber powerful, then odds are it's possibly over powered. A uber powered item is fine, only if it has a fairly large cool down on it. If it's more then just a novelty type item that you break out because it's fun... But rather becomes part of your build and tactics. Then it's quite frankly broken and needs to be fixed.
    If they cant be changed then fine but the idea must of crossed the Devs minds that people will collect these and add 5 to a Toon to try to be Uber Builds???:mad:

Which is why they have a 30 min shared cooldown, so you can only use 1 at a time, and only 1 every 30 minutes.

I think doing some sort of reset on them would be nice. Unequip them from every character and set them back to 'bind on equip'. Then you can equip one and do what you wish with the rest.
  • Options
    crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the only reason they got the nerf-hammer was becuase exploiters would summon then every 30 seconds with revitalize

way to go.... nerfing something that didnt need nerfing just cuase some people found a way to spam em.....

and no compensation for the people with MULTIBLE BACKUPS BOUND TO THEM

i had 4 and now if i use 1 the other 3 turn to worthless garbage

this is a very degrading nerf and shows that the exploiters are the reasons we cant have nice things
    :mad:
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Makes sense, if they have a shared cooldown. Really no purpose for having all of em on a character, as it stands.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    crosnight wrote: »
    *snip*

Not at all, I explained to you already why these devices needed to be have some form of shared recharge, revitalize or no, and are still way to strong as is. A brokenly overpowered device would ruin the game much more then any nerfing of the device ever could.

It is noticeable, everyone willing to put up numbers agrees the devices are to strong, everyone that is saying they are good as they were before the nerf never responds to those numbers. Could you explain how doing 9 million damage in 15 seconds could be balanced in a rampage alert? Maybe they should balance all the game around these new toys? Again, no revitalize is needed for that first damage spike.
  • Options
    crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aiqa wrote: »
    Not at all, I explained to you already why these devices needed to be have some form of shared recharge, revitalize or no, and are still way to strong as is. A brokenly overpowered device would ruin the game much more then any nerfing of the device ever could.

It is noticeable, everyone willing to put up numbers agrees the devices are to strong, everyone that is saying they are good as they were before the nerf never responds to those numbers. Could you explain how doing 9 million damage in 15 seconds could be balanced in a rampage alert? Maybe they should balance all the game around these new toys? Again, no revitalize is needed for that first damage spike.

thier OP damage output is the point of having then in the first place: just the fact that if revitalize was only on powers: then this wouldnt have been needed: even with all my cooldown redux gear 13 minutes is still plenty of time to wait.

and atleast they could have made them not bound if they were going to implement the shared cooldown... and really? 9 million damage in 15 seconds.... on average the champions only get off like 3-5 attacks per summon (that i have observed) and at average its 20k-35k per attack with that it ranges from (3 attacks @20k) 60k to (5 attacks at 35k) 175k per champion (assuming single target attack).

so in order to do 9 million damage a person would have to (assuming max DPS output) around 51 champions

so once again: the main problem is the revitalize spect of the int tree: not the devices themselfs
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Devs please fix those not "bound" but "Tradeable" or "Bind on Account" like vehicle devices at least.
    Or lower the ridiculous amount of DPS and Life, make them just as normal summon device...NO for 30min cooldown shared.

Some of us already equipped several of those Devices on one toon. Use one Backup means remains are all useless scrap.

Correcting those Urtra-Rare devices were great waist of time & resource.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    crosnight wrote: »
    thier OP damage output is the point of having then in the first place: just the fact that if revitalize was only on powers: then this wouldnt have been needed: even with all my cooldown redux gear 13 minutes is still plenty of time to wait.

and atleast they could have made them not bound if they were going to implement the shared cooldown... and really? 9 million damage in 15 seconds.... on average the champions only get off like 3-5 attacks per summon (that i have observed) and at average its 20k-35k per attack with that it ranges from (3 attacks @20k) 60k to (5 attacks at 35k) 175k per champion (assuming single target attack).

so in order to do 9 million damage a person would have to (assuming max DPS output) around 51 champions

so once again: the main problem is the revitalize spect of the int tree: not the devices themselfs

Which is why is specifically said "in rampage alert, or future raids". In case you didn't know, you do not play those alone. So again, do you prefer the game to be balanced around these devices, or be broken by it?
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Being that they're more a gimmick than anything else, it only makes sense. They're already rare enough and implementing the shared cd really kills it for those who made a conscious effort to collect.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    Being that they're more a gimmick than anything else, it only makes sense. They're already rare enough and implementing the shared cd really kills it for those who made a conscious effort to collect.

^^This^^

I only personally managed to get my favorite champion on my Impulse namely Sapphire, so this isnt that much of a problem until I use her and have a massive 30 min CD >_> (THANK YOU EXPLOITERS >:( ))

It should be an account wide Device. Period. Locking it on one char and punishing those who actually played this event out to get these devices, is a real shame.