test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More costume piece in Recognition Vendors!

xvalavxxvalavx Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I just spent over an hour in Vibora Bay killing Dogz to try and get a collar... and did not succeed. It should not take this much effort to get cosmetic items out of normal enemies. :(

I propose that ALL random-drop costume items from normal enemies be added to the appropriate level Recognition Vendor.

Also, if no other plan exists to bring them back, I also recommend that all of the old crafting-only costume items be added to the vendors as well.
Post edited by xvalavx on

Comments

• ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i give this my
    +1
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll agree with this, and while they are at it, they could try fixing those recog pieces that aren't quite working right... like the absence of the superconductor chest piece for females.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed aswell.

Maybe they should add some kind of Vibora Recognition where you can trade the VB Recog against the mob drops.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed aswell.

Maybe they should add some kind of Vibora Recognition where you can trade the VB Recog against the mob drops.

Bokor Bucks!
    Get yours today!
    Also,
    /Signed

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know this isn't going to be the popular line of thinking on the forums, however, I disagree. Somethings should be worked for. I collected all the VB costume parts playing 1-2 hours 3-5 days a week in a month, with the exception of the Sons Vodoo Belt thingy. I also made a lot of G during that month selling excess costume peices. If everything is just handed to us, or made low hanging, then there would be no challenge or game. Just my 2 cents.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yogid0nnie wrote: »
    I know this isn't going to be the popular line of thinking on the forums, however, I disagree. Somethings should be worked for. I collected all the VB costume parts playing 1-2 hours 3-5 days a week in a month, with the exception of the Sons Vodoo Belt thingy. I also made a lot of G during that month selling excess costume peices. If everything is just handed to us, or made low hanging, then there would be no challenge or game. Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking along the lines of how Recognition works now. The Vibora Bay Recognition would end up being rarer than Until Tokens found on Monster Island. Basically a way to find that ONE costume item that just will not drop, no matter how much you farm.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yogid0nnie wrote: »

So, I'm guessing the folks buying the extra costumes you were selling on the AH didn't get the satisfaction of earning them. Man, wonder how they live themselves. And you don't even feel the least bit bad for enabling such behavior? :rolleyes:

If this type of mindset was truly and honestly the design goal. They would of made the costumes Bind on Pickup. Seeing as how they arn't, the whole "You GOTA EARN THEM!" Mindset really falls flat.

Because, honestly, how is earning tokens, or cash, that can be redeemed for costumes. Somehow not earning them? The only thing it does, is eliminate the cruelties of the random number generator.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2012
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like the idea of adding them to the Recognition and/or Questionite stores.

However I say no to "Vibora Recognition or "Bokor Bucks". I do not like the idea of adding yet another currency to the game. There are plenty already.

Just my two cents. :cool:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • will always support any idea of adding more costumes to the game
    • do not support making all the random drops available for tokens, sometimes you must work hard for what you want
    • do support any way to reintroduce legacy costumes
    • don't support replacing the costumes there ,better to add to them instead
    edited October 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    • do not support making all the random drops available for tokens, sometimes you must work hard for what you want

How is earning tokens...not earning the item?

I could get a lucky random rare costume drop on my first and only kill. Did I earn it? Did I earn it any more then someone who might of spent hours grinding tokens?

And what about the other side of the coin. The person after possibly hundreds or even thousands of kills still not getting the item. Are they REALLY earning it? Or simply past the point where giving up means all that time was a sad waste...so they plug on, unhappy. Are you really saying this person wouldn't jump at the chance to get the item, based on time spent, and not based on random chance? Or have they simply not yet earned it, because they haven't been blessed by the RNG gods?

Because when I hear someone say, they need to earn it. What they are really saying is get randomly lucky.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd love to have more things in the recog store,and fix the glitching/missing pieces there too,but as for VB bucks,we already have snake gulch bucks,so I'd say no to that,but I will say to increase the drop rate for said item,or put it in the Qnite store,after all the questionite store only has one costume set,why only one?
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    How is earning tokens...not earning the item?

I could get a lucky random rare costume drop on my first and only kill. Did I earn it? Did I earn it any more then someone who might of spent hours grinding tokens?

And what about the other side of the coin. The person after possibly hundreds or even thousands of kills still not getting the item. Are they REALLY earning it? Or simply past the point where giving up means all that time was a sad waste...so they plug on, unhappy. Are you really saying this person wouldn't jump at the chance to get the item, based on time spent, and not based on random chance? Or have they simply not yet earned it, because they haven't been blessed by the RNG gods?

Because when I hear someone say, they need to earn it. What they are really saying is get randomly lucky.

After the 2 month grind I had trying to unlock my buttcape? I'd be pretty pissed if someone could just farm for a week to get tokens and buy it. This isn't necessarily and improvement to the system. I'll change the logic around, because imo? It's not a matter of earning it, some costume pieces just should be rare. If they wanna add buttcapes and nephilim wings, they *have* to charge a lot for em, to represent the low drop rates. I can't see it as being much different from the CTP versions they offer for q. Not exactly the same, and disturbingly expensive, just so those people who had to farm for all those mats don't feel like they just got slapped in the face.

I can say, however, that I feel the OP's pain when it comes to being annoyed at these drop rates. I've been trying to get this thing for years: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Voodoo_Shaman_%28Belt%29 It's about the only VB costume piece I don't have.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2012
    I never indicated it should or would be an easy grind, some items should be worth earning. I just don't believe it should be a RANDOM grind. If you take them off vendors, you are basically making them random.

Give me a fixed goal, that I can measure progress toward, anytime over randomness.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seems Recog vendors was just another 'New and Shiney' thing. Added and then tossed aside.
    What you gonna do all that Recog when you have unlocked everything? Put it ring with Perk Points, Snakebucks, Nemesis Tokens and see they battle to death?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, I'm guessing the folks buying the extra costumes you were selling on the AH didn't get the satisfaction of earning them. Man, wonder how they live themselves. And you don't even feel the least bit bad for enabling such behavior? :rolleyes:

If this type of mindset was truly and honestly the design goal. They would of made the costumes Bind on Pickup. Seeing as how they arn't, the whole "You GOTA EARN THEM!" Mindset really falls flat.

Because, honestly, how is earning tokens, or cash, that can be redeemed for costumes. Somehow not earning them? The only thing it does, is eliminate the cruelties of the random number generator.

Hmm.... disagree with this too, never mentioned buying or trading as a bad thing in my original post. Why? Because I farmed, bought, and traded my way to a full set of VB costume drops. I considered that part of the earning, just like with baseball, pokemon, magic, or whatever else cards. It is different that tokens because you have to be involved, sometime with other players. And that is never a bad thing.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /Signed

Recognition Vendors were the best thing to happen to the game with the recent changes that came with/after On Alert, and IMO all non-C/Q-store items should be available as Recognition Vendor items.

Some of these items (particularly the rarer stuff) could have a significantly higher cost to indicate their rarity, perhaps scaling depending on how rare they are (the Sovereign Sons Voodoo Belt could have a higher cost than their Body Paint, for example). Also, some items (such as all the VB stuff) could still drop to give us something to do and trade, but have Recog Vendor equivalents as well. All items that exist in the game as drops should have higher than normal Recog costs (since they can be gained as direct rewards for content or farming mobs), so that farming them is still worth something.
    I like the idea of adding them to the Recognition and/or Questionite stores.

However I say no to "Vibora Recognition or "Bokor Bucks". I do not like the idea of adding yet another currency to the game. There are plenty already.

Just my two cents. :cool:

Agreed, too many currencies as it is. Just make them UNTIL or Silver Recog.
    I never indicated it should or would be an easy grind, some items should be worth earning. I just don't believe it should be a RANDOM grind. If you take them off vendors, you are basically making them random.

Give me a fixed goal, that I can measure progress toward, anytime over randomness.
    /Signed +1
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • Also will always support any idea of adding more costumes to the game
    • Do support making all the random drops available for tokens, sometimes you must work for what you want but not mind numbing grinds
    • Do support any way to reintroduce legacy costumes
    • don't support replacing the costumes there ,better to add to them instead

Fixed

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2012

A fair point. Seems like we're on the same page, then. I don't mind, personally, being able to grind em out. But it should be, for example, a bit harder to do than getting the silver rec gear. Comparable to the amount of q to get those new legacy travel power clones, really. Possible, but a bit of a pain in the butt. At the least, it'd be a nice little perk for randomly wandering around in VB anyway. Can't say that would hurt, since as is there's not a hell of a lot of motivation to quest there.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • xvalavxxvalavx Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Glad this getting so much (mostly) positive support~

To go over some of the suggested ideas:

I have NO problem with items having adjusted costs based on how rare a drop they were; that just makes sense~

To everyone whining about having to 'earn' things: I DO want to earn them; if you could get Nephilim wings for 50 tokens... that will take you a WHILE to get (earn). All I, and pretty much everyone else is saying, i that we'd like to earn things with a much fairer degree of certainty, rather than having to offer up virgin sacrifices to the RNG gods. Do you know how much those virgins COST nowadays? T_T

TO those arguing that they got such-and-such item the hard way, so everyone else should have to too: cry. me. a. river. Avoiding finding a better way to do something because someone has already done it a harder way is one of the most illogical arguments I've ever heard.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let me hang this out there...

I am someone who ground these items out the hard way, and I have no desire to put anyone else through it just because I had to.

Earning them like the Dr Ka bits, or other recognition drop vendor items is totally fine by me.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would be happy to have more costume pieces available at the Recognition Vendors, but please no more currancy types. We have enough as well as ones that are no longer used.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd prefer them to be in the Z Store in a Vibora Bay set.
    Put it in Silver Champs recog store with adjusted prices. Actually, Dr Ka pieces are quite easy to get, so VB costumes should be more costly.

But there is other side.
    Game economy.
    AH is already next to useless (partially because of global limits for silvers, but the main reason is - there is little ingame worth buying from other players).
    VB costumes in recog store = even less reasons for buying from AH.
    So recog cost for VB pieces should be really painful in order to ensure sense buying from players/farming.
  • xvalavxxvalavx Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Put it in Silver Champs recog store with adjusted prices. Actually, Dr Ka pieces are quite easy to get, so VB costumes should be more costly.

But there is other side.
    Game economy.
    AH is already next to useless (partially because of global limits for silvers, but the main reason is - there is little ingame worth buying from other players).
    VB costumes in recog store = even less reasons for buying from AH.
    So recog cost for VB pieces should be really painful in order to ensure sense buying from players/farming.

the dead-ness of the AH is a WHOLE different can of worms. Putting the VB stuff in at 20-50 a pop depending on how rare/desirable it is is more than enough to still give some merit to buying them off players in the AH.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rapierwhip wrote: »
    I'll agree with this, and while they are at it, they could try fixing those recog pieces that aren't quite working right... like the absence of the superconductor chest piece for females.

I'm surprised the one Irradiates jacket even made it through into live play, considering the rather large and obvious invisibility problem it has.