test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A couple of graphical issues

oneheadedboyoneheadedboy Posts: 85 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
So this screenshot sums up both issues nicely.

1.) Is it weird for the brightness in this game to get so ridiculous? Like, whitewashed to an annoying extent? I have all my settings on max and I'm not having frame rates or anything- The game is running smoothly.

I'm just seeing quite a few instances where things get whited out like this. Is it intentional, or is this a problem on my end, or what? I have my brightness turned all the way down in this particular instance too.

2.) Cape mantles not following the lighting rules. Is this part of the game design? I don't like how the rest of my cape is subject to different lighting logic than my mantle. It looks icky to me.

Help is appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by oneheadedboy on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Lower your bloom.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Lower your bloom.

Ah, I'm turning down the bloom intensity as I type this and I see that it's improving the whitewashed issue. Do you have a recommended setting to leave it on? The lighting seems to vary quite drastically from zone to zone and I'd hate to have to adjust it on a regular basis.

This still isn't helping the cape issue though. For some reason, the mantle of capes does not seem to be following the lighting rules that the rest of the cape follows. It always remains a sort of cel shaded blob in an otherwise very nice looking world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bloom also affects towards the glow in costume pieces. I got it set that the costume glows are visible but the game enviorement one isn't too drastic. And some areas the enviorement bloom is just too much even at lower settings. It's just how you like your glows.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You should turn your bloom all the way up, get the glow tights, ego blades and millenial flight all on one character with heirloom gear glow eyes for because.

I did that.

I gave myself a pounding headache.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pion01 wrote: »
    You should turn your bloom all the way up, get the glow tights, ego blades and millenial flight all on one character with heirloom gear glow eyes for because.

I did that.

I gave myself a pounding headache.

You forgot Electrical Form. Get that S.O.B. going at full bloom and you won't even SEE the other stuff :biggrin:

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So this screenshot sums up both issues nicely.

1.) Is it weird for the brightness in this game to get so ridiculous? Like, whitewashed to an annoying extent? I have all my settings on max and I'm not having frame rates or anything- The game is running smoothly.

I'm just seeing quite a few instances where things get whited out like this. Is it intentional, or is this a problem on my end, or what? I have my brightness turned all the way down in this particular instance too.

2.) Cape mantles not following the lighting rules. Is this part of the game design? I don't like how the rest of my cape is subject to different lighting logic than my mantle. It looks icky to me.

Help is appreciated.

yay! bloom is fixed or being fixed.

now for your cape. that to is an easy fix.
    material!
    yup, your mantle is apparantly a different material than the cape itself.

in the costume editor when you select a cape, under back option make sure your mantle is the material of choice ( i normally choose leather), and after you have selected a cape, an all new option opens on the left side, the cape itself. simply make sure that the color scheme and the material of THAT is the same as the mantle.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ah, I'm turning down the bloom intensity as I type this and I see that it's improving the whitewashed issue. Do you have a recommended setting to leave it on? The lighting seems to vary quite drastically from zone to zone and I'd hate to have to adjust it on a regular basis.

I personally leave it on Low and at 80%. That seems to work well for all instances short of fighting Therakiel himself (at least last time I ran TT).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    yay! bloom is fixed or being fixed.

Yep, got that taken care of. Thanks everyone!
    now for your cape. that to is an easy fix.
    material!
    yup, your mantle is apparantly a different material than the cape itself

in the costume editor when you select a cape, under back option make sure your mantle is the material of choice ( i normally choose leather), and after you have selected a cape, an all new option opens on the left side, the cape itself. simply make sure that the color scheme and the material of THAT is the same as the mantle.

Funny, I remember all of those sliders and drop downs, and could've sworn I made them the same. I don't know where the tailor is in CO to double check/make any necessary changes, though. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tailors in Ren center and in hideouts...and powerhouse. Pick your poison.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me