test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Valerian Scarlett Still Disappearing

blkmaskblkmask Posts: 39 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Missions and Content
Was trying the Vibora Bay crisis mission "Braving the Elements" where you have to get the 4 elemental gems. You have to fight Valerian Scarlett before you can get them. She disappears in the middle of the fight.

Unable to complete the mission. Unable to progress any further in the Vibora Bay Crisis. :mad::frown::confused:
Post edited by blkmask on

Comments

• Options
    veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same. Would be nice if I could unlock Vibora Bay at some point, already been waiting ages for them to fix this stuff.
  • Options
    cohitonecohitone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had her disappear just as she was almost dead and on top of it, I kept getting disconnected from the server. Is this a continual problem in Vibora Bay? It is a beautiful area and I can see me relaxing in one of the many jazz bars there.:biggrin:
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Finally got into the Apocalypse tonight. Using a Tempest, a Steelhead Soldier sidekick, and a Hybrid Rat summoning device, we took her down without a problem.

Now if I could just stay alive in Therakiel's chamber long enough to siphon the energy out of his glowy butt to power Juryrig's temporal displacement engine...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Finally got into the Apocalypse tonight. Using a Tempest, a Steelhead Soldier sidekick, and a Hybrid Rat summoning device, we took her down without a problem.

Now if I could just stay alive in Therakiel's chamber long enough to siphon the energy out of his glowy butt to power Juryrig's temporal displacement engine...

Just set yourself up with the most game-breaking power to date: Night Warrior. Using the silly siphon device doesn't even break stealth...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    Just set yourself up with the most game-breaking power to date: Night Warrior. Using the silly siphon device doesn't even break stealth...
    I'll keep that in mind - when I'm Gold again. :smile: For now, I'm running a Tempest AT through that, and Tempests aren't exactly known for being stealthy. I wonder if Therakiel's minions fly?

Yeah, Scarlett wasn't that big a deal for me - I had a much harder time fighting Corrupted Amphibian. He's one tough, mean sumbitch!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I completed VB Apocalypse without problems. During Valerian fights, instead of my regular leave the boss fight last tactic, I went directly for Scarlet. With two doses of Lightning Arc she acted normal and missions completed without any problems.
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

If you can fly, fly on top of Therakiel and use engine from there. My problem wasn't survival tho, I couldn't maintain stupid thing long enough which was frustrating.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I flew, deployed Steelhead Soldier, and siphoned power. I'd get hit every so often, which disrupted the siphon, but I just shrugged it off and went back to sucking down the energy. I did get killed a couple of times, but when you recover you still have the energy you drained before, so I just went back to it, and soon enough I had the energy to power the nuclear toast- ah, that is, the time machine.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So is this fixed now?

Also siphoning off energy isn't that hard if you can fly. There's perches at the on the pillars, get on one that's closest to the back wall on a perch that's also pointed towards the back wall, and try to angle yourself so you can see the the angel's head but not his feet and usually you can drain enough energy in a single go without getting disrupted once. It doesn't always work but I've done this 3 times now and was only attacked once.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I tried this again today to see if it was indeed fixed and I didn't run into any problems with Vaierian Scarlett. If that means it's fixed is still questionable but she didn't disappear for me in any of the three encounters she appears in.