test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Toward a Semi-Permanent Mega-D event

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
I'd actually like the Mega-Destroyer event fixed and come back, like the Bloodmoon, a few times each year, and always on the anniversary. This can be justified as Destroyer periodically testing the waters to see what he can do to the city.

Day 1-2 (Thursday-Friday): Destroid invasion
As per Stage 1 of the event.

Day 3 (Saturday): Giga-D attack on Champs HQ
As per Stage 2 of the event. It would be nice if a different message from Destroyer appeared at the start of this event, to differentiate it from Stage 1. Also, listen to feedback on rewards.

Day 4 (Sunday): Mega-D attack throughout Millennium
As per the 1st anniversary event, though somewhat smaller in scale to give levellers a chance to play in MC without harassment. The Mega-Ds (Level 40) spawn every two hours in fifteen locations around the city, disappearing after 60 minutes past the hour.

Mega-Ds drop:
-- a box of Q,
-- a Catalyst,
-- a 10% chance at a Back-Up Device (these level 40 devices are the following street level characters: Kodiak, Rocket Hawk, Lady Rocket Hawk, Mayte Sanchez, Foxbat, and Burt Jackson.). One out of every 20 of these are permanent versions.
-- an item drop:

Top person: Purple.
2-10: Blue (90%)/Purple(10%)
11+: Green (70%)/Blue(25%)/Purple(5%)

Additionally, every Mega-D killed gives a +10% cumulative Resource bonus, lasting an hour. Killing a lot of Mega-Ds can rack up serious Globals.

Clearing an instance of MC of all Mega-Ds will give every hero in that instance a perk ("Destroid Destroyer").

Again, it'd be nice if a new message from Destroyer played at the start of the event. It would also be nice at the end of the day if a message came from Defender, informing everyone that the Champions found the auto-factory where the Mega-Ds were being produced and shut it down, and then thanking the heroes for holding back Destroyer's forces and helping to save the city.

Day 5 (Monday): Clean-up/salvage
Hourly, a thank you message to the city's heroes plays from Defender and Biselle. Every twenty minutes, piles of destreum appear throughout the city (like Evidence taping in the Nighthawk mission), as well as people trapped under rubble (as per the MC crisis). Drifter offers two reoccuring missions, which may turned in and retaken all day.

-- Salvage seven destreum rubble for either a box of Q or a drifter salvage grab bag;
-- Rescue seven citizens for one drifter salvage grab bag, or +1 recognition.

In addition, a new device appears in the Drifter Salvage store for 50 salvage: Hero of the Day. Clicking on the device for three seconds while you're in the open world will cause the hero to be teleported to a ceremony outside Champs HQ (from the now discarded end of the MC Crisis) where the hero is honored by the Champions and Mayor Biselle for their role in saving the city.

At the end of the ceremony, you get 5000 Questionite and a Key to the City.
/CanadaBanner4.jpg
Post edited by canadascott on

Comments

• Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is the best outlined suggestion for how to better this event that i think is possible
    /signed
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really like the outline! It looks like a do able week event and would be alot more dynamic than waiting around Champs HQ building!

I love it ^_^

/signed.
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have to agree and also say a very well thought out idea.
    /signed
    edited October 2012
    This is why devs need to have an idea guy to lay out all the phases of an event. Just someone to throw in an event formula every now and then. They aren't always taken and implemented but when they do they are innovative.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Canadascott, why are you not already in the dev-team for new ideas? The most you post here are just awesome.

/signed!

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Canadascott, why are you not already in the dev-team for new ideas? The most you post here are just awesome.

/signed!

This. So much this. Are you listening PWE/Cryptic Hiring Guys? Pay this man!

Also, /signed.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pure win

/signed
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Mullet has spoken, so it shall be done.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    swedsandbroswedsandbro Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /sign sign sign. And Sign again

All hail the Mullet!
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sounds nice. :3
  • Options
    gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The mullet has wisdom, his will is to be obeyed.

/signed
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Top person: Purple.
    2-10: Blue (90%)/Purple(10%)
    11+: Green (70%)/Blue(25%)/Purple(5%)

I am not sure if this thinks what I think it means.

I like the way the reward system is.

A lot of the top scorers are people who exploit, they should not be rewarded for such, the rewards should be kept random.

Otherwise, I would love to see the event make a comeback.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am not sure if this thinks what I think it means.

I like the way the reward system is.

A lot of the top scorers are people who exploit, they should not be rewarded for such, the rewards should be kept random.

Otherwise, I would love to see the event make a comeback.

In what I've proposed, everyone's still getting a box of Q and a catalyst, regardless of performance or participation level, and an equal chance at the backups, so no one's going away empty handed. And even the lower names on the list will have a shot at a decent drop (ie. a blue).

Drops aren't as important as they used to be, but this system still gives a little extra to the best performers.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love the idea of fleshing this out into a full week-long event. The champs HQ defense thing was a lot of fun, when it was active, so having it recur a few times a year would be great.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube