test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Migrating Fleas from CoH

ventfleaventflea Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Introductions
Well, sort of. Until that situation resolves itself I had to do something with the sub money, eh?

So I've wandered over here. Some may remember me from the CoH forums as Flea Mark Evil or ingame in CoH as @TheFlea. You know, the former Creepy Old Uncle of the PWNZ forum. I was a migrant of the Victory server over to Virtue and some may remember me as one of the old officers from the Lions Den PvP SG a few years back.

On Virtue I was....well...messed up. Yeah. Long story. Won't go into it. Those who know know already. I even had a Virtueverse page here.

And conveniently enough I tweaked Lore and decided to play with alternate concepts for CO and stuck something up on the Primus Database page here.

So yes. I'm about. Opinions so far?

Graphic style - grows on you. Still not too keen on some aspects of it and a lot of it requires use of the sliders to get what you want. The defaults are...eesh.

Playstyle - I'm adjusting. I may not be able to pull off SR but I can get similar results. And that makes me happy.

Zones - Love this aspect. Love the fact they're broader and more varied than elsewhere.

Voice Acting - ....This hurts me. Stop it. It hurts. Too much.

I'm adjusting.

So, yes. This Flea is here. Here to break your game. (Hey, if I made the first Spine/SR in PvP in CoH and then proceeded to make the Spine/SR stalker that killed granite tanks and tanked better than them too....)
Post edited by ventflea on

Comments

• cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome!!! I should advise you to stay away from frog themed heroes though =p.

And yes... the voice acting is just ugh... there's only a couple I can recall as decent, the rest... along with some dialogues, just.. no, lol.

Hope you enjoy your stay in here, if you need any help or someone to group with, feel free to contact me with the handle @superkhandar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cascadence wrote: »

And yes... the voice acting is just ugh... there's only a couple I can recall as decent, the rest... along with some dialogues, just.. no, lol.

Hope you enjoy your stay in here, if you need any help or someone to group with, feel free to contact me with the handle @superkhandar.

voice acting would be sooo much better if they had picked better VOICES lol and if the mish actually flowed a little more seemlessly
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome. :D
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Only in CO can you see a Dog welcome a Flea.

I love this place :biggrin:
  • steeldefiantsteeldefiant Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi Flea! Make another Creepy Uncle :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Formerly @SteelDominator in COH
    Proud member of Earthguard SG/Phoenix Phalanx
  • ventfleaventflea Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I also find myself wondering how one changes their forum avatar ; ;. Seriously.
  • skyranger01skyranger01 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ventflea wrote: »
    I also find myself wondering how one changes their forum avatar ; ;. Seriously.

I know right? Anyway, this thread should help.

Also, welcome to CO, hope you enjoy it here. :biggrin:
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heya Flea. Nice to see you over here.

In regards to SR, you'll have no problem building character in CO. My Pistols/SR Scapper (Pistols Scrapper, finally!!! eeee!!) truns through content on Eilte Difficulty like paper.
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Only in CO can you see a Dog welcome a Flea.

I love this place :biggrin:

Same thing i was thinkin XD, and welcome Flea, hope you like it here :D
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • lovelyspylovelyspy Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I played both COX and CO so I dont know where I fit in here:tongue::tongue:

that being said, i miss COX as the customization was a little better but overall CO is a bit better. but I do agree with all of you..the voice..acting..PLEASE STOP I cant take it anymore^^:tongue::tongue:

as for what COX is going through, they are fighting the good fight, but it seems hopeless. At least I can come back to my orignally super hero MMO home. time to put up my legs, open up a six pack and relax^__
  • neparosneparos Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey Flea, I played COH as well and I remember your face from lurking on the forums. Sucks to see a classic MMO like COH go down, but its good to see some nice faces here :)
  • kobolt1kobolt1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hiya Flea...the adjustment here for me was really an easy one and heres to hoping it is for you and well ALL of the CoH players coming over to CO :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto. ~ Serenity

@Kobolt
    My DA Page
    The Legion
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cascadence wrote: »

Heey, whatchu got against frog themed heroes! -ribbit-
    edited October 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    Heey, whatchu got against frog themed heroes! -ribbit-

lol.... he's a FLEA.. might get eaten
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think the frogs would prefer flies. Or dragonflies
    edited October 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    I think the frogs would prefer flies. Or dragonflies

true... but a flea could be a nice appetizer... or hors deuvre
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I played CoX from beta till midway through 2007. I took a break, then was in the CO beta and bought a LTS. I went back and tried CoX again once it went F2P, but it was a bit jarring since I had gotten used to the look and feel of CO.

I wholeheartedly welcome all our CoX brothers and sisters, and encourage you to give this game a chance and to ignore those that just want to ruin your day. If anyone needs a hand w/ learning the ropes, feel free to message or in-game mail me at @biostem .

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ventfleaventflea Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Biostem, I do indeed remember you mate.

Though not sure from where. Possibly either OHMS or Eurocore.
  • formerlygeorgemiformerlygeorgemi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    welcome. i'm sorry to know COH is shutting down. :frown: