test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is the infernal AT any good?

foolssinfoolssin Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
just as the title says, I want to know if it's any good before a spend a bunch of zen that took god knows how long to earn.
]21.jpg[/
Post edited by foolssin on

Comments

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Infernal AT is one of the most OP ATs in the game.

So yeah, it's worth it.
  • Options
    konru2konru2 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Inferno, the Sourge, or the Cursed?

The Inferno is a free archetype based on fire. It's good DPS. But probably not what you are talking about.

The Scourge (and the Cursed) uses the Infernal Supernatural set, so is that it?

If it is the Scourge, then I can tell you a few things. Supernatural Power at level 25 translates loosely to "infinite energy." Any time your energy gets below 15%, you get a burst of energy. So you may never need to use your energy builder ever again.

Later on in the set, Epidemic does PBAoE damage, stacks poison, and at the end of the maintain, doubles the poison stack on any target hit (limit 10). These properties make the specific power very deadly and a nightmare for both opponents and tanks. It draws aggro easily, but kills very fast.

At the top levels, the Scourge may not be using anything except Defile and Epidemic, but even at the earlier levels, the poison stacked with the effects of the Pestilence passive makes the Scourge really dangerous opponent. So it is largely considered one of the better archetypes out there.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    its good but definitely squishy. if you want something more survivable get a tank build.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The squishiness is a non issue because enemies die super fast and they get Resurgence.

They're insane.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Squishy? My cursed is undergeared and has 10k hp. Block, you won't be squishy. Chernobyl used to tank constantly, Typhoid does so all the time now.

Yes, the scourge is awesome. Top 3, imo.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't call it OP, as my soldier can still outperform it in certain respects.

But considering I have 6 level 40 Freeforms and that cursed of mine is still a main, it definitely offers enough to make it worthwhile.

It is a squishy, but with con as a secondary you can load up on it without taking a major hit. I'm currently running around 233 rec (rec coming solely from secondaries and maybe one or two talents) 191 con i think for over 8k hp, and about 136 str (more as I eventually drop in r7s) and just shy of 200 ego (over 200 when I bother to slot r7s).

I throw in the str solely for knock rez, at while I may not be fond of the rec spec tree, at least it allows my str to provide a little more hp and "end" as well.

For general pve, I can't think of anything that does better overall. Epidemic sets the bar for aoes so high that none of the rest are on the same level.

The only qualm I'd have with the scourge is the ugly green.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Scourge/ Cursed? I saw someone solo an open mission in Vibora Bay that had you defend against a zerg rush of undead coming from three directions with that cloud attack they have. So I'd say this would be good for you to do your PvE ROFLstomping.