test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with Mechaniste

jakeesanjakeesan Posts: 32 Arc User
Is he glitched? I spent about 30 minutes, maybe even longer, fighting that fool. I never had a problem with him in the past but this last time he just wouldnt die. Every time he was close to death, his health recharged. Is there a trick to beat him? Has he changed or something? I havent played CO in a while but I know Ive defeated Mechaniste dozens of times before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glomoroglomoro Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't say whether or not it's bugged as I haven't done it in a long time and can't get on now to check, but one thing to try if you haven't already is using the card carried by the guy in the back of the room. Turn the turrets against him, even if it is a bug it might brute force him down fast enough to avoid it since those things hurt like hell with more than one on you at a time.

Assuming this is the mission I'm thinking of in Canada anyway, I dunno if he's made it somewhere else since I last played.

Travel power suggestion threads: Air Walk, Heavy Weapon Flight, Cape Glide improvement
    Power suggestion threads: Annihilate
  • samuraiwingsamuraiwing Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Beat him on two characters yesterday, had no problems.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Looks like Mechaniste caught a nasty bug from Shadow Destroyer....

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Looks like Mechaniste caught a nasty bug from Shadow Destroyer....

Warden Arcana has a weird version of it too, in her case it's combined with the spawning a second if not MULTIPLE rifts. In this case, the rift is inheriting the bug, making it impossible to kill it with the orbs.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    First off, I want to apologise to the original poster for the snarky comment there. Sometimes I forget that not everyone will understand what I am talking about. I was referencing a bug in the Nemcon, mission. Shadow Destroyer has what sounds like the same bug you were facing here.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hummm Seems like another boss is bugged.
    Many bosses have this bug lately (After they removed it from the nemesis characters it somehow leaked to even bigger bosses)
    Just hope for them to fix it soon.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've found leading him to the right (from door) them running aorund to the left and jumping on a wall. he sometimes gets behind a barricade where you can see him but he can't see you. fire at will,

also blow up any turrets active
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jakeesanjakeesan Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I dont mind the comments lol. However, I do mind that Im trying again and having the same result =P

I guess it's not a big deal but it would be nice to beat him. And there is nothing in the back of the room any more as far as I can see.
    edited September 2012
    in game I'm @cloudsatdawn, mail me or freind me and I'll take one of mine with you and help kill the frozen <expletive deleted>

With 2 people we should be able to get him down fast enough to miss the problem you're having

• noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I normally kill this guy so fast it isn't funny but today I ran it on very hard mode solo and ran into this issue. It took forever but I had to get his health down to the just right point before he freezes the ground and then just unload dps on him as quickly as possible to finally kill him. While hes standing in the middle with the ground frozen he won't regenerate.
    edited October 2012
    Ok just did him with another character and I see the new problem. When he says time to cool off, his health goes up to 2/3. I think with faster dps , I could have got him but this one still has a recharge time adn that allowed him to say the magic words. Atone point I had him on less than 1k hps.

also at another comment, he goes into the center and gets all his health. Though that one happens less.

Maybe 2 person him adn faster dps will do it.