test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sanguine's Suggestions for Munitions

sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
(Cross posting this here, since the suggestion forum is a sea of lost posts.)
Alright, so I know I'll likely never see my power set finally get a rebuild in the time I've got left on this world, but hey, I can dream.

New Offensive Passive for Munitions:

Lord of War

You have mastered the modern implements of war, and make use of them with deadly precision.

Requires 1 power from Munitions or 2 non-energy-building powers from any framework.

Slotted Passive
+ Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot.
+ Increases your damage with Ranged Technology powers. This effect scales with your Super Stats. (The Technology tree consists of Archery, Gadgeteering, Munitions, and Power Armor.)
+ Your heightened awareness increases your Dodge Chance and Avoidance.
+ Every time you attack an enemy with a non-Energy Builder, you receive a stack of Grit and refresh all stacks of Grit on you. Grit is a short duration buff which grants you additional Damage Absorption and increases your Dexterity and Ego by a percentage of your Ego. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Base Ranks:
15%>18%>22% Ranged Technology damage.
6%>8%>10% Dodge Chance and Avoidance.
Grit: Same stat scaling as audacity for the Dex/Ego portion per stack. Static +15 damage Absorption per stack.

Changes for already existing powers:

Two gun Mojo
  • Get rid of concentration application, replace with Stagger application.
  • Integrate Close the Gap advantage into base power at half its current benefit. (15% max).
  • New advantage: 2 points. Double Threat: Two gun Mojo now hits an additional target within 15ft. of the primary target.

Assault Rifle
  • Get rid of the self-movement speed debuff.
  • Add: 15% chance to apply Stagger per period.

Lead Tempest
  • Remove chance to miss for targets within 25ft.

Rocket
  • Remove charge time, now a 2.5 second activation only. Hitting for around the current max charge damage.
  • Add: Deals 10% more damage for each stack of Stagger on the target, consumes all stacks of stagger on target.
  • Integrate Concussive Rocket advantage's AoE knock into base power.
  • New Advantage: 2 points. Shaped Charge Warhead: Your rockets no longer have an AoE or knockback component but do 30% more base damage to the target.

Frag Grenade
  • Change to Slashing damage. (Fragmentation grenades kill you with high velocity shrapnel, not fire.)
  • Add: 25% chance to stagger all targets.
  • Incendiary Grenade advantage now changes damage to fire damage, and applies clinging flames to all targets.

Gatling gun
  • Change Listen to Reason advantage to 50% chance per period to stagger targets.

Minimines
  • Add: 75% chance to stagger targets.
  • ~10% damage buff.
  • Reduce penalty on Wall of Fire advantage to 20%.

Sniper Rifle
  • Change stun on hit to 100% chance to apply Stagger.
  • New advantage: 2 points. Armor Piercing Incendiary Rounds: Your Sniper Rifle now deals its damage as Penetrating Damage (see Anguish in Avenger if you forget what this is).

Smoke Grenade
  • Reduce base perception debuff.
  • Lower Escape Artist advantage duration to 5 seconds, increase internal cooldown to 45 seconds.

Sub Machinegun Burst
  • Aggression Advantage: Remove the 100% chance vs. targets in melee (As this already allows for an exploit to instantly stack 2 bleeds on the target.) and increase per tick chance to 30%. Allow it to now stack bleeds instead of just apply/refresh.

Breakaway Shot
  • Replace Defiant! application with: Increases avoidance by 10% for 12 sec.

As for adding new attacks or whatever, I'll leave that brainstorming to GCrush, I'm more interested in just getting the current set of powers performing on the level of other powersets since their respective updates.

Ideas and other suggestions welcome.

Snark never dies.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    riouhotaruriouhotaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    But without Two Gun Mojo's Concentration buff, how else are you supposed to get the Concentration you need for Bullet Beatdown's Not Without Incident proc except for taking the Concentration Form?

Because you should NEVER be pushed into taking powers like that.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    riouhotaru wrote: »
    But without Two Gun Mojo's Concentration buff, how else are you supposed to get the Concentration you need for Bullet Beatdown's Not Without Incident proc except for taking the Concentration Form?

Because you should NEVER be pushed into taking powers like that.

To be honest with you, I don't think dual pistols should even be lumped in with the rest of munitions, they should be their own "Gun Kata" set with proper interactions and synergies. But honestly, I -really- don't see that ever happening.

I also never thought about it because I would never not take concentration (nor should anyone playing a ranged DPS character).

I guess if you were attempting a hybrid, but in that case, Bullet Beatdown's Adv should be changed so that it works off of concentration or focus, whichever you have.

I just realized, what you're saying is that you're being "pushed" into taking concentration.. But, you're also being "pushed" into taking TGMJ just to make use of another power's advantage... So, what..?

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I assume the Dodge/Avoid percentages on LoW would be flat?

You appear to want to base that set around the stagger debuff which is fine, but while I see multiple ways to apply said debuff the only way to take advantage of it is with Rocket. So is the idea to make munitions another single blade where you stack stagger/bleeds and then rupture them?

Since Stagger is a debuff applied to the enemy perhaps add secondary effects to some powers that will only activate if used on an enemy that is staggered. Something like increased damage, ignores X% resistance for each stack of stagger, or increased critical hit chance per stack of stagger, etc.

Hell you could even make a new energy unlock that involves damaging a staggered target to gain a burst of energy every X seconds if the standard Killer Instinct isn't doing it for you. Though you clearly want the set to encourage Ego at least with the Passive and current energy unlock.
  • Options
    riouhotaruriouhotaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To be honest with you, I don't think dual pistols should even be lumped in with the rest of munitions, they should be their own "Gun Kata" set with proper interactions and synergies. But honestly, I -really- don't see that ever happening.

I also never thought about it because I would never not take concentration (nor should anyone playing a ranged DPS character).

I guess if you were attempting a hybrid, but in that case, Bullet Beatdown's Adv should be changed so that it works off of concentration or focus, whichever you have.

I just realized, what you're saying is that you're being "pushed" into taking concentration.. But, you're also being "pushed" into taking TGMJ just to make use of another power's advantage... So, what..?

Honestly, I don't take Concentrate on my Pistols character, I take Form of the Tempest to take advantage of the absolutely ridiculous number of crits. Plus the energy gain from FotT scales off my Dex, which is my primary Super Stat.

And since Bullet Beatdown is primarily a melee attack, it benefits more from a Martials Arts form than Concentration (as does the damage from the NWI advantage).

As for being "pushed" into TGM, there's no reason NOT to take TGM if you're going for a pistols build. That it gives a stack of Concentration is a bonus, and synergizes with it's own powers (Bullet Beatdown)
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lord of War is too powerful as listed.

Dex and Ego would be double dipping on damage stats. If you look at Quarry, it boosts 1 damage and 1 energy stat, and is based on the energy stat (Int). Basing Grit on Ego, for one, would put LoW over Quarry in every "ranged" scenario you could make. Further boosting Dex would just ensure no one ever takes Quarry again...because no one in their right mind would ever take +Ego/Int over +Ego/Dex.

Also, Breakaway Shot + Dragon Kick + Avoidance Primary Defense = 100% Avoidance, not to mention the Dodge/Avoid mentioned in LoW passive.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have these changes...but, Munitions is pretty stout right now as it is, these changes would just make it insane. I do think some of the underperforming abilities should be tweaked though.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    sturmwolf65sturmwolf65 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ajanus wrote: »

*signed

Sounds like an I-win-button request.
    I want a new power that include and push all my favorite mechanics and stats.
    :P
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ajanus wrote: »

Dex and Ego would be double dipping on damage stats. If you look at Quarry, it boosts 1 damage and 1 energy stat, and is based on the energy stat (Int). Basing Grit on Ego, for one, would put LoW over Quarry in every "ranged" scenario you could make. Further boosting Dex would just ensure no one ever takes Quarry again...because no one in their right mind would ever take +Ego/Int over +Ego/Dex.

Also, Breakaway Shot + Dragon Kick + Avoidance Primary Defense = 100% Avoidance, not to mention the Dodge/Avoid mentioned in LoW passive.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have these changes...but, Munitions is pretty stout right now as it is, these changes would just make it insane. I do think some of the underperforming abilities should be tweaked though.

Except quarry applies to all damage in some way, whereas LoW only applies to ranged tech, though I'd actually be more for Lord of War applying only to munitions powers really. I just went with "Ranged Tech" as a starting point.

As for the avoidance issue, maybe there should just be a limit placed on active avoidance buffs in general, so that you just plain can't stack them, since no matter what it's broken as hell. (Or just plain capping avoidance at 75%. But that's got nothing to do with munitions as a powerset.)

Also, it's far from "stout", its got no passive to speak of and all of its powers under-perform by about 10-30% to comparable powers except for sniper rifle, which can't even be used in normal combat without exploiting some other broken combination of shielding powers. Plus Minimines.

Oh, and I based my buffs on the buffs to stuff like infernal, Ranged TK, etc... Since that seems to be the way Cryptic's going with powerset revisits. The "Add 2 or 3 overpowered powers to the set and it's good" approach. In this case, I'm only asking for a slightly OP passive at best, considering its damage limitations.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    xeiros wrote: »
    I assume the Dodge/Avoid percentages on LoW would be flat?

Yes, a flat 10% to both dodge/avoid at rank 3.
    xeiros wrote: »
    You appear to want to base that set around the stagger debuff which is fine, but while I see multiple ways to apply said debuff the only way to take advantage of it is with Rocket. So is the idea to make munitions another single blade where you stack stagger/bleeds and then rupture them?

If Crush added a couple new powers to take advantage of utilizing Stagger that would be great, like a single Magnum Pistol charge up attack that interacts with it. But most of the current set doesn't have much of an "oomph" feel behind it except rocket launcher, to take advantage of a staggered target.

As for making any current powers have increased crit, etc... on staggered I think that'd be pushing the performance bar too far in the positive, except maybe with TGMJ and minimines. Hm, or possibly shotgun, like an increased knock chance for each instance of stagger.

(A lot of what I go by is real life inspiration, I'm kind of a gun nut, and it makes me sad that guns/explosives in CO are less effective than they are even in real life vs. normal human beings. I see stagger as a parallel to suppression, and thus, taking advantage of suppressed targets is something mostly done with explosives, air strikes, etc...)

WTB Airstrike AoE, preferably FAB

Snark never dies.