test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Building blocks for a guns & swords theme

mashuganamashugana Posts: 87 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Builds and Roles
What are the basic building blocks for a swords and guns theme? I know this is not a min/max build, but for fun I want to shoot guns at range and use swords (or maybe Unarmed or Claws) up close.

I was going to:
- Superstat Dex
- Secondary Stat Str and EGO
- Use Quarry

I thought this would give me the basics of stats that help with my guns and swords. Dex helps both, Str for melee and Ego for range, then Quarry to buff everything.

Am I on the right track? Is there a better way?

Thanks.
Post edited by mashugana on

Comments

• beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Secondary stats EGO or STR are not really worth it if they don't give you also the benefit
    to push the damage of your form. Also normally you should better at least pick one energy stat.

If you use a lot of maintains from munitions and dual-sword a good choice would be REC
    and Overdrive as energy unlock.

Personally i would maybe go DEX / CON / REC. DEX with form of the tempest of course
    for mainly melee damage and energy. CON for better survivability, and REC for energy.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Assault Rifle + Sword Cyclone + Overdrive = Carnage

Since Quarry is going to give you Ego with Audacity, you should spend a few talents giving yourself a Str boost, possibly slotting a STR V mod in one of your gear pieces at 40.

I would definitely look into Intensity and Ego Surge as active offenses and, like Beldin said, go DEX/Con/Rec with Form of the Tempest.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here's my On Alert rework of a popular and very effective build by Pulsewave. It echoes a lot of the advice already given above and is a very potent build.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=158391&highlight=tactician
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Audacity's stat bonus scales off of your Int score, right? So, if you're going to use Quarry then shouldn't Int be your energy SS? Especially since Overdrive also scales with Int.

Given that you wanted to SS Dex, it would probably be a good idea to Primary Dex, then Secondary Int & Ego in that order and use FotT to make up the melee damage. You're SS each give an all damage boost so with Audacity Stacked up you should do pretty well with any of your attacks.

Let me see if I can whip something together in Powerhouse for you.

EDIT: That'll teach me to not to post before I've read the whole thread. The Tactician build is solid, and I can't argue with his case for choosing Con as a SS.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • remo85remo85 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tdits wrote: »
    Audacity's stat bonus scales off of your Int score, right? So, if you're going to use Quarry then shouldn't Int be your energy SS? Especially since Overdrive also scales with Int.

Given that you wanted to SS Dex, it would probably be a good idea to Primary Dex, then Secondary Int & Ego in that order and use FotT to make up the melee damage. You're SS each give an all damage boost so with Audacity Stacked up you should do pretty well with any of your attacks.

Let me see if I can whip something together in Powerhouse for you.

EDIT: That'll teach me to not to post before I've read the whole thread. The Tactician build is solid, and I can't argue with his case for choosing Con as a SS.

Yes, use intelligence instead.
  • mashuganamashugana Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks all!
  • mashuganamashugana Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Here's my On Alert rework of a popular and very effective build by Pulsewave. It echoes a lot of the advice already given above and is a very potent build.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=158391&highlight=tactician

Great build - almost level 20 and having a blast - tyvm all!