test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, Halloween is going to happen again soon

leatherhead0leatherhead0 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Could we get skeleton costume parts this year, please?
We have the Hands and two kinds of Skulls! It would be nice to de-flesh out the rest of the body. Heck skeleton wings and animal bone parts would be cool too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This sig is more useless than my last one.
Post edited by leatherhead0 on

Comments

• Options
    pachiirupachiiru Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We have the Hands and two kinds of Skulls! It would be nice to de-flesh out the rest of the body. Heck skeleton wings and animal bone parts would be cool too.

I. Would absolutely ADORE some skeletal wings.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Skeleton wings would be great for a variety of character concepts.
    They would be great for some villains, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So, I'm the only one that wants a ribcage and stuff?

I feel so alone :frown:

• Options
    xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't know about skeletons... According to the UNTIL report we're jumping back in time over a century to Victorian London to fight Vladic Drakul. I'd be expecting fancy suits and vampire stuff.

Ribcages would be kind of cool, but I'd expect some very odd costumes from that.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    id like the full skeleton piece set as well, one of my characters is a skeletal ghost cowboy =p

maybe more partial skeletal/zombie pieces as well.

Good for a future undead themed event, or added to bloodmoon for future
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I don't know about skeletons... According to the UNTIL report we're jumping back in time over a century to Victorian London to fight Vladic Drakul. I'd be expecting fancy suits and vampire stuff.

Ribcages would be kind of cool, but I'd expect some very odd costumes from that.

Oh nuts, we already have vampire costumes, and a second set of vampire costumes.

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I'm really over vampires, too. Same with werewolves.
    I would like to see more of the other kinds of undead.

Many folks would love more ghostly costume parts, especially a "no legs", trailing ghost bottom.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's halloween vampires ghosts skeletons wolfmen and franks
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe we'll get a sparkle aura like Edmund Culley has as a device for vampire toons. You know for some variety beyond the more bestial themed vampire parts, make it easier to make one with some class an...- gahahaha no I can't finish that with a straight face, even though I'm, you know, typing, so the state of my face has nothing to do with this post in the least...

That said, now that you mention it it kinda does surprise me they've never made skeleton costume parts, that would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not over werewolves. Want to know why?
    Because there's no fur option for the torso like there is for legs on female characters (didn't check male).

Similarly, I'd love some more pawlike hands.

Many folks would love more ghostly costume parts, especially a "no legs", trailing ghost bottom.
    That would also be cool.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bloodmoon used to happen every month, but of late Cryptic seems to be doing the wise thing and doing it 3 or 4 times a year so not to bore people with it.

Its pretty much a giver that we will see Bloodmoon again on Oct 31 :p
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I have no idea who those "many" people are that you are talking about. I'm not over vampires/werewolves at all. And even if you are, vamp/werewolf costumes will sell a lot more than skeleton/ghost ones that's why they keep making them. Oh and there won't be a "no legs" costume piece since it would be too difficult to make that piece work will all the powers that interact with legs.

Don't generalize, YOU =/= many.

*OH and they better put in the fur bestial legs which they "omitted" fom the werewolf set.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    I have no idea who those "many" people are that you are talking about. I'm not over vampires/werewolves at all. And even if you are, vamp/werewolf costumes will sell a lot more than skeleton/ghost ones that's why they keep making them. Oh and there won't be a "no legs" costume piece since it would be too difficult to make that piece work will all the powers that interact with legs.

Don't generalize, YOU =/= many.

*OH and they better put in the fur bestial legs which they "omitted" fom the werewolf set.

Yeah have to agree with this the undead players are all vamps or wolves (I blame Underworld for that :/ ).

As far as I know Nepht is the only mummy in CO :(
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Yeah have to agree with this the undead players are all vamps or wolves (I blame Underworld for that :/ ).

AHA!!! I was curious about what Nepht actually was.

*Oh and DEVS how about a new werewolf TAIL, the old one is kind meh you know + would be awesome if you did the Bestial review for Halloween. (you could even get a new AT if you make a Bestial oriented offensive passive ). Just an idea.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since we're getting vampires at halloween this year,perhaps mummies next year,It'd be really cool to see an Egypt or Ancient Egypt map,maybe even a pyramid,but if at all we have massive in zone events like an enemy invasion or zombies,I have but one suggestion,do not limit the enemies to only certain spots,like for BM,let the zombies roam all over except for ren cen,let it be the "safe zone" for any thing like that,but I'm all for mummies next Halloween in CO! :biggrin:
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No.

You must scream for your mummy.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Yes, I'll /sign that. My character Wellington Skellington relies on trench coats and zombie legs to give the illusion of a skeleton, but the arms just aren't very convincing.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Have to hook you up with Mack the Knife, he's a mummy. He's also blue, so that makes him quite rare. Like steak I guess.

Mmm. Hungry.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bonechill, the undead Glacier (who so far has been getting by with a Skull Head and Zombie Torso), enthusiastically endorses this concept.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would also love to see a full skeleton available but this is something that has been requested almost from the day of launch and all we have gotten is a string of excuses.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I'm one of those many folks.

How about some rage virus zombies like in 28days? All of the hoi palloi turn hostile and only the named NPCs are safe... so far. They only downsides I can see are that it might be hard to visit a vendor.
    edited September 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    AHA!!! I was curious about what Nepht actually was.

*Oh and DEVS how about a new werewolf TAIL, the old one is kind meh you know + would be awesome if you did the Bestial review for Halloween. (you could even get a new AT if you make a Bestial oriented offensive passive ). Just an idea.

Takofanes is a mummy, and I believe Necrull is as well.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had a mummy toon for a bit then deleted it. I make another once I get some of the Dr. Ka pieces.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    Since we're getting vampires at halloween this year,perhaps mummies next year,It'd be really cool to see an Egypt or Ancient Egypt map,maybe even a pyramid,but if at all we have massive in zone events like an emey invasion or zombies,I have but one suggestion,do not limit the enemies to only certain spots,like for BM,let the zombies roam all over except for ren cen,let it be the "safe zone" for any thing like that,but I'm all for mummies next Halloween in CO! :biggrin:

I am so /signed for this .

OK we have 3 in CO still not that many .

My peoples are seriously outnumbered look at Vibora Bay all those zombies , vamps and wolves :/
    wacky99 wrote: »
    Have to hook you up with Mack the Knife, he's a mummy. He's also blue, so that makes him quite rare. Like steak I guess.

Mmm. Hungry.

OK we have 4 then ...odd name for a mummy he must be one of those European bog men ...
  • Options
    spacecatlivesspacecatlives Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2012

OK we have 4 then ...odd name for a mummy he must be one of those European bog men ...

I have two characters whose Nemeses are mummies. Does that count?:biggrin:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I have two characters whose Nemeses are mummies. Does that count?:biggrin:

Depends if they have union membership.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mummy costume pieces = bandaged and battle damaged heroes. Sold. Throw in a mummy sword/sickle, and I'm in there like swimwear.

Just, honestly- after this Halloween thing, maybe time to slow down on the ghouls and ghosts and work on technology, mutant, and metahuman/superhuman themes again. Maybe time to work on something to give a nod to Judge Dredd... (munitions overhaul?)
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mummy costume pieces = bandaged and battle damaged heroes. Sold. Throw in a mummy sword/sickle, and I'm in there like swimwear.

Just, honestly- after this Halloween thing, maybe time to slow down on the ghouls and ghosts and work on technology, mutant, and metahuman/superhuman themes again. Maybe time to work on something to give a nod to Judge Dredd... (munitions overhaul?)

I'm all /signed for a Munitions theme for November:biggrin:
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I Really hope they take the time to make whatever event they make good, And i Hope its an Actual Event, and not a Alert, Also, I wonder if we will get new costume pieces, If they do the event planned in the UNTIL Field Report they probably are gonna make Victorian or Vampire pieces, I hope they make pieces that fill Currently Unavailable or hard to make Concepts, or make them easier to reproduce, like Ghost tails, Mummies, Between others.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I think of them both as liches.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    enixonbb wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get a sparkle aura like Edmund Culley has as a device for vampire toons. You know for some variety beyond the more bestial themed vampire parts, make it easier to make one with some class an...- gahahaha no I can't finish that with a straight face, even though I'm, you know, typing, so the state of my face has nothing to do with this post in the least...

That said, now that you mention it it kinda does surprise me they've never made skeleton costume parts, that would be pretty cool.

What, you have missed the Glory that is Invulnerable?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think of them both as liches.

*Puts on nerd hard*

A lot of source books do refer to Tako as both but saying that the ones ive read have been translations.

But to be honest a lich is just a mummy with badass magical skills rather than the power of slowly shambling down corridors.

Another thing I have noticed the closer to Halloween we get the creepeher this forum becomes @___@"