test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endurance or Recovery

mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
I just ran an alert with Int/Con/Rec stats and then the same alert with Int/Con/End on a PA Tank.
For some reason with Recovery as a secondary superstat I was more squishy than when I have end as my secondary superstat ?
I have invunerable as my passive.
Maybe Endurance makes you a bit tougher then Recovery as Invunerable runs on the Super Stats only
Post edited by mholds1 on

Comments

• Options
    chuckthestarchuckthestar Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Were you benefiting from any auras on one of the runs that was absent from the other run?
  • Options
    sturmwolf65sturmwolf65 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did you ran the alert with the same team?
    If not, you can't pinpoint a weakness.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There are too many unaccounted for variables here. You run an experimental case along side a control case if you want to gauge differences, one little change at a time.

Bad science!

I can say this though for general feedback:

REC's boost to your equilibrium allows you to jump immediately into combat, and you can get the cost & cooldown reductions from Utility gear that would normally necessitate INT. I frequently use it and recommend it as a secondary superstat. It's just so handy. It also increases energy gain from things like your energy unlock.

END is not to be underestimated nowadays though. It's mastery is very nice. Basically all you have to do for the END mastery is play to what your role is supposed to be doing and you gain energy for it. That seems kind of like "so?" at first, but trust me, it's very awesome once you realize what you can do with that extra power. The key for END is you need to be working with your energy unlock and chugging out high-energy-cost powers continuously to be competitive.

You'll also want a Gambler's Core on your primary offense if you choose either END or REC as a primary superstat so you can get your critical chance up high enough.

CON may still be the king-of-the-hill as far as stats go, but END & REC are excellent stats, often as secondary superstats. The only downside is that if you're going to have END as a secondary superstat, you'll pretty much HAVE TO have REC as a secondary or primary superstat too, so you get the full benefit. The big downside of END is that you have to "refill" your energy bar every fight, you can't just jump right on into the fight.

:smile:
  • Options
    mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ah maybe I did have a buff added, just thought that endurance offered a little bit more toughness to my build. I have used the same stats and equipment for both alerts though
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think the only way END gives bonuses toward HP/Def/etc is if you have it as primary and pick certain traits from it's specialization tree.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mholds1 wrote: »
    Ah maybe I did have a buff added, just thought that endurance offered a little bit more toughness to my build. I have used the same stats and equipment for both alerts though

Rec/End as a secondary aren't going to make a bit of difference in survivability whatsoever.

Though side note:

If you're running overdrive, you get much better scaling off Rec than either int/end. But if you're running a PA you'll typically need to invest in INT/End anyway as well.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, if you're running Invuln, the bonuses it gives are tied to superstats... So maybe you have gear/talent setups that really slant towards END, so you got a better passive bonus? Other than that, I got nothing.