test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Legion - Official Thread

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Supergroup Recruitment Station
Due to the unpredictable, unannounced, unexpected forum wipe (which for some reason only affected some SGs), our official CO thread has to be remade. We lost countless pages of information and conversation, but we must start anew. So I bring you our official thread!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    The Principles of The Legion

The Legion was founded on the belief that anyone, not just super-powered individuals, could be a hero. Over time, six basic principles arose. These principles define what it is to be a hero.

* Loyalty – Only when you are devoted to the cause of righteousness, can you be a hero.
    * Empathy – Only when you truly understand your fellow man, can you be a hero.
    * Generosity – Only when you give without asking, can you be a hero.
    * Integrity - Only when you live truly by the ideals of heroism, can you be a hero.
    * Optimism – Only when you truly see the good in everything, can you be a hero.
    * Nobility – Only when you exhibit honesty, respect, and fairness, can you be a hero.

Membership Requirements

* 1. All members are required to submit an application and register with our website.
    * 2. Join and communicate in The Legion chat channel.
    * 3. Voice Chat (using GSC) is encouraged, and required for raiding.
    * 4. Silver Age theme is encouraged but not requirement.
    * 5. No age limit, but maturity limit.
    * 6. Members must be active. A 30-day absence, without notification via PM or forums, will result in removal from the SG.

Code of Conduct

* 1. Be Respectful. This rule includes being respectful toward members and non-members alike.
    * 2. Be Helpful. Always help fellow members when possible. Craft items at-cost if a member needs something. Help a member complete a mission if needed. Answer a question you know the answer to if a member asks. Ask members to join a team before resorting to a pick-up-group (PuG).
    * 3. Be Mature. There is a time and place for good humor. Offensive/inappropriate jokes or comments will not be tolerated.
    * 4. No Hate. Do not grief or bully someone else on the grounds of gear, gaming style, gender, race, sexuality, religion, political views, etc. Hate and bullying will not be tolerated.
    * 5. No Drama. Drama will not be tolerated. If you get into a dispute with another member, take it to PMs. If the issue cannot be resolved, bring in an Officer. Do not bring the dispute to non-involved members in the SG or into the SG channels/forums. This WILL result in disciplinary action.
    * 6. No Begging. Do not ask to be Power-leveled. Do not ask for free money. Do not ask for uber items. Items will be given on a giver basis, not a beggar basis.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ahhhh....now I have to try to come up with all new witticisms, you can't premeditate that much golden material man!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yo, where can i find a link or something to get the voice chat thing, GSC, for raiding
    google i assume? or ive there is some link to it thatd be helpful
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Spooks, go to The Legion forum and there's a post with the info about our voice chat server under News and Updates, and a link to the program.

A great, active SG! Join today! Apply here or visit our website for more info.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ***bump***
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    woohooo found our thread. it would have been nice if the devs told us about the thread pruning.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ann wrote:
    woohooo found our thread. it would have been nice if the devs told us about the thread pruning.

Yeah. We went from one of the oldest SG Threads to one lost among a million. The Spartans and Star Destroyers encountered the same thing. It's frustrating, to say the least. Oh well, at least we were fortunate enough to have our own site.

Edit: I'll be sprucing up the first two posts sometime soon. Make it something that new people can come and read, rather than a re-post and a "we're here" for people who are already members.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Woohooo got my toon to L21! Maybe I'll get my nemesis today!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ann wrote:
    Woohooo got my toon to L21! Maybe I'll get my nemesis today!

Woot! I got to 23 this weekend, hoping to hit 25 soon!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    grats.

and you finally have a forum avatar too!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ann wrote:
    grats.

and you finally have a forum avatar too!

Haha yeah! I've been trying to upload a pic, but it's too big or too high quality and I can't get it to fit. So, Power Line it is.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's been a busy weekend and it's going to be an even busier week for me... I'll be happy if I can just hit 20 by friday :(
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    so launch day.. anyone in yet? i need to get some work done before i will let myself play =x
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I got on for a little bit. Canada was filled with lowbies asking questions, lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    /start complaint

My main is stagnating at level 28 due to the xp-gain + content gap. I finished all (non 5 person team required, non bugged) missions for the desert and canada.. I even went as far as monster island and finished all the possible missions at level 28 (that does not require a 5 person team).

I'd also rather not be PVPing for the xp. Its instadeath for me since PVP on my box is a complete lag-fest (yes, I know I need a new computer).

I guess I can run those citizen quests ad naseum til I level up, but that's boring. Either way they really need to add in more content. *grumbles*

/end complaint

Anyways, anyone up to running doc d's dungeon tonight? I am hoping that would push me to level 29. Perhaps that will unlock a few more contacts.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think they're really trying to push the whole Team thing now. Especially with the passive nerfs. Supposedly, running in a team gives a big exp bonus, so maybe doing the same quests with 2-3 teammates will get you higher in the end.

I'm down for DD's Lair. I've only done Teleios and Stronghold.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How many in The Legion is planning on going to PAX? I will be there all 3 days.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think they're really trying to push the whole Team thing now. Especially with the passive nerfs. Supposedly, running in a team gives a big exp bonus, so maybe doing the same quests with 2-3 teammates will get you higher in the end.

I'm down for DD's Lair. I've only done Teleios and Stronghold.

Its not very helpful w/ teams considering theres no way to flag that youre lft across instances.

And DD's tonight then? I'll try to get on early-ish today

Shadewe wrote:
    How many in The Legion is planning on going to PAX? I will be there all 3 days.

I am going!!! cant see why not considering i'm from boston and all....!! if enough of us go, we ough to hold a mini legion expo!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ann wrote:
    And DD's tonight then? I'll try to get on early-ish today

Tonight could work, though idk when I'll be on. Finishing up a Fluids assignment in the library w/ some classmates, don't know how long it'll take. If y'all haven't started by the time I get back I'll tag along.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Like to make it to the lair, but remade Shadewe and only 16 now.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ann wrote:
    I am going!!! cant see why not considering i'm from boston and all....!! if enough of us go, we ough to hold a mini legion expo!

Can't make it, too far :(

If you do get a group of Legionaires together, take some pics!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ann wrote:
    My main is stagnating at level 28 due to the xp-gain + content gap.

Good! That will give me time to catch up :P

I was in the headstart, playing only 1 character and I'm still only 17... But hopefully I should be on more next week when RL isn't so crazy.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Badger wrote:
    Can't make it, too far :(

If you do get a group of Legionaires together, take some pics!

boooo.. that was always my excuse for the west coast stuff though =P

Jhun wrote:
    Good! That will give me time to catch up :P

I was in the headstart, playing only 1 character and I'm still only 17... But hopefully I should be on more next week when RL isn't so crazy.

sadly servers are still down so.. meh..

this does not bode well for the 2nd day of release.... i wonder which dev trip on the server wires... :confused:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah. The actual story is hilarious. "Our noob software guy wrote the patcher wrong, so we had to resync everything."
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just wanted to give a shout-out to all the new members joining/applying. To any newcomers, please check out our website, linked in my sig. Hope to hear from many, many more of you soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    just to bump and welcome all new members!

HAVE FUN!

Devem
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm back! sorta..
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    As I said in our forums, sorry I've been absent for the past few days. Got caught up in some drama and didn't want it to carry over into CO. I should be back online tomorrow evening sometime. Hope to see y'all soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My first post ever on the CO forum. It's kind of a bump =):eek:
  • Options
    kobolt1kobolt1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hello any Legionaires out there giving a shout out to The Legion...coming back to CO after 7+ yrs playing CoH and it looks like I will be here for a bit (3 month sub and thinking of going LTS) but anywho in-game and not seeing any peeps from the Legion and would like to see if we can get this SG going again. The website is still up and running too and I posted there as well...The Legion

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto. ~ Serenity

@Kobolt
    My DA Page
    The Legion