test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Valerian Scarlet - Solutions

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
If you are still having difficulties with Valerian Scarlet, well, we're here to help.

1) Please post reproduction steps here. What exactly happened, as part of which mission? This will help us resolve the bug, hopefully in time for an update midway through next week.

2) Please send in a ticket to customer support (site or email at customerservice@perfectworld.com). If time permits, CS will manually complete the mission that you can't complete. This is going to be a little hit-or-miss because CS does have a lot on their plate, and they won't necessarily be able to get back to you within a few hours or even a couple of days, but if they have the time, they'll force-complete the mission. This should let you get through to any blocked content.

EDIT: Also, you may be able to workaround by interrupting her from casting a particular ability. We hope for a more permanent solution next week, but in the meantime, here are some ways we can help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ultimate workaround: Take Nightwarrior, switch to brawler stance, and shadow strike her. It's a guaranteed way to knock her out of the fight and trigger the completion of any VB apocalypse missions.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I successfully completed both of the bugged VS missions (All that is unholy and Braving the elements, I think- I'm terribad with names) on my munitions toons; The key there, though, was that she did obscene damage very, very quickly. Still haven't tried it with some of my tankier characters.

As an aside question: does it make any difference if people who've been fighting this bug drop the mission and start over from scratch?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've dropped and retaken the mission multiple times on my toon, but it made no difference.
    The problem is with VS.

I don't have any toons that can deal out the damage fast enough to get past her.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The first both fights are possible since she don't have to be defeated fully.

But at the last fight in the mission "No Time Like the Present" you have to defeat her completely, there it is nearly impossible to beat her since you would need a team of a few level 40 to dps her down in a few seconds.

How to reproduce it:

At the mission "No Time Like the Present", go to Juryrig's Garage, fight your way to Valerian and then fight her, soon she gets down to the half, she raises both arms up and then pulls them down and disappears.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    gizmo2119gizmo2119 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've been attempting All That Is Unholy for a few hours now with a radiant, and I can get her to half health and then she despawns. Leaves that part of the quest incomplete and if I leave the church I have to drop the mission and retake it to get in.
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got the same as gizmo on All That is Unholy... That is as far as I go I guessed and went back to MI and Lemuria to lev up.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    coplayer1951coplayer1951 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same issue, I smack her down, she despawns, I can't complete.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    This should be resolved after maintenance tomorrow. Unstickying to make space.