test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes for Champions Online, September 21 2012

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Release Notes
Release notes for Champions Online, September 21 2012.

EVENTS:
-The current phase of the Destroid Invasion has been extended to 9/25, at 00:05 PDT.
-Anniversary veteran gifts will be distributed in-game

MISSION FIXES:
-Aftershock: Despair Incarnate should no longer heal to full health.
-Whiteout: Roinesh Lieutenant should no longer summon his clones at the wrong time.
-Whiteout: Roinesh General should no longer stun-lock players.
-Dr. Destroyer's Lab: Dr. Destroyer should no longer spawn arms indefinitely
-Dr. Demogaard should no longer heal indefinitely.
-Valerian Scarlet should no longer disappear during missions.
-Bullets for Biselle: The mayor will now warp to the podium if he gets stopped. This mission should no longer get stuck on the first objective.

CRITTER AI:
-Vikorin will no longer constantly disable players.
-Therakiel will no longer constantly hold players.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is there a Q-store update planned for this release?

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i dont think theyre allowed to post C/Q store releases till the patch is out
  • Options
    grapemoussegrapemousse Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bug fixes? Bullet for Biselle fixed?
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LIFETIMER since 23/01/2012 || Join Date: Sep 2009

Can be reached in-game as @PoochieHellhound

Support me on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I can't announce anything C-Store, but there's no harm this week in announcing the Q-Store schedule. There's no update this week in the Q-Store, the Nighthawk gadgets were the big Q-Store update for the anniversary.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Good MORNING Champions!

Who is ready for some Mega-Destroid CARNAGE! I'm pumped!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, crap. I have to play the console games now.
  • Options
    andromeda9899andromeda9899 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is a bug with the mission name "The Perfect Prey" in Canada Wilderness which is given by Justiciar.
    So will this be fixed also?
  • Options
    bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Good MORNING Champions!

Who is ready for some Mega-Destroid CARNAGE! I'm pumped!

Sorry dude, gonna have to wait until Tuesday like the rest of us. ( I was a bit bummed too but at least it ain't going out buggy as an ant hill)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bobj021960 wrote: »

Sorry dude, gonna have to wait until Tuesday like the rest of us. ( I was a bit bummed too but at least it ain't going out buggy as an ant hill)

Also, just to clarify... Tuesday is a goal, not a guaranteed. The issue that kept us from pushing it live today was discovered late yesterday, so the devs haven't had a chance to fully test and fix it. We'll know more about timelines at the end of today, I hope.
  • Options
    moritziomoritzio Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Valerian Scarlet should no longer disappear during missions

But she did, I tried it 5 times and it a was always the same, she disappeared with her 2nd attack.
  • Options
    moritziomoritzio Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Valerian Scarlet should no longer disappear during missions

But she did disapper, I tried it 5 times, it always happend with her 2nd attack.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fixing bugs on APs, CS, and Open missions is a major step forward. Thank you.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The mission "No Time Like The Present" in the Vibora Bay Alert is still broken for me. Valerian disappears when I get her down to 1/3 health.

I'm glad I have other characters to play, this one has been stuck here for a couple of weeks now at this mission.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    moritzio wrote: »
    But she did disapper, I tried it 5 times, it always happend with her 2nd attack.

Oops.

*/Golf Clap* for Cryptic QA.
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    -Anniversary veteran gifts will be distributed in-game

So how do we collect these goodies?
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    moritzio wrote: »

Same here, she still disappears soon she reaches the half of her health, sometimes even at two third.

She tries to summon her Trey Kings, raises her arms, pushes them down and poof.. disappeared.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordwolfy wrote: »
    So how do we collect these goodies?

Check your mail at a terminal.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Check your mail at a terminal.
    Be cautioned that you can't stick the AFs into a shared bank - I thought that would be the easy way to transfer them to another character, but not so much...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Be cautioned that you can't stick the AFs into a shared bank - I thought that would be the easy way to transfer them to another character, but not so much...

Just to mention it, AF's are unlocked account wide, at least they are for me.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    edited September 2012
    WARNING: The mail is sent to whichever character you first log into the account with. It is character-specific, only that character can access it. The rewards - specifically including the Drifter's Catalyst Grab Bag for 1+ year vets - bind to that character and cannot be transferred to another character by any means.

So, if you are collecting Drifter Salvage on a particular character, be sure to LOG IN WITH THAT CHARACTER FIRST before any other character on the account. The Drifter Salvage reward can only be applied to the first character you log in with.

(Yes, my drifter salvage is stuck on the wrong toon.)
  • Options
    shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    MISSION FIXES:
    -Aftershock: Despair Incarnate should no longer heal to full health.
    -Whiteout: Roinesh Lieutenant should no longer summon his clones at the wrong time.
    -Whiteout: Roinesh General should no longer stun-lock players.
    -Dr. Destroyer's Lab: Dr. Destroyer should no longer spawn arms indefinitely
    -Dr. Demogaard should no longer heal indefinitely.
    -Valerian Scarlet should no longer disappear during missions.
    -Bullets for Biselle: The mayor will now warp to the podium if he gets stopped. This mission should no longer get stuck on the first objective.

You missed a Mission fix....what about the bug in the Resistance Mission,where even if you finish the entire mission,it doesn't register it and thus you can never finish it. Because you can kill off the Shadow Destroyer and such,but it doesn't update the mission as finished and thus you can't get what you should from Defender.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This is still bugged.

As before it works first time after a patch, always has.

The mayor starting his speach wasnt the problem, every time ive looked he always got to the podium and began his speach fine (and still does) just after the mission has been run once after a patch the osprey jets stay in the sky and the mission doesnt advance past "wait for the mayor to start" even though he is continuoisly doing his speach over and over again.
  • Options
    merleburgermerleburger Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not much point in progressing if you can't even get to skill level 10, much less 100 to get enhancements.
  • Options
    riouhotaruriouhotaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can indeed report that Valerian Scarlet does still disappear, only she only disappears after half her life-bar, rather than a third of her life-bar.
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does ANYTHING in this patch work like it is supposed to?

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    rapierwhip wrote: »
    Yes:
    EVENTS:
    -The current phase of the Destroid Invasion has been extended to 9/25, at 00:05 PDT.
    That is working as described.

Of course, that's an announcement of something NOT having been changed. But trust me, having tested the next phase of the Destroid Invasion on PTS, not changing this is a very good thing.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rapierwhip wrote: »
    Well, I'm not in a position to test Vikorin or Therakiel, and I don't feel like running any of the CS right now, but I can indeed verify that the current phase of the Destroid Invasion was extended (yay, easy Q!), and that the Anniversary Gifts were delivered by mail (say hello to The Indomitable Spider-Bat!).

So, yeah, hyperbole for the loss here, I think.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!