test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with "Main" build

sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
When I came back to CO. I deleted all my old characters and retired my 40, till I level up a new main. Problem with old toons was they were either clones of my CoH characters or not really created with Champions lore in mind.

Now I am kinda beat with leveling heroes to mid 20s then deleting them as they are... not satisfying or deserve the title "Main".

I think I finally found a good background story and a way to bring my most favored attack types together, maintains.

Character is a mutant with ability to create natural hazards, on disaster levels. Like uncontrolable tornados, earthquakes scales higher than 10 etc. His father, an old villian in regret Doctor Disaster gave his old battle armor to his son under one condition, he will help people and make amends for his father's crimes. He modified it to limit his son's powers.

Passive and first part of build reflects powers of his battle suit, Lightning Arc included. Other attacks are Disaster's mutant powers.

If you guys could check that build out and point any flaws I will be happy. I picked Super Stats for helping maintains (Int and Rec) and helping survival (Con).

Thanks before hand for all your help and time.

Regards,
Knightly

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: DISASTER

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Invincible
Level 6: Coordinated
Level 9: Impresario
Level 12: Acrobat
Level 15: Ascetic
Level 18: Academics
Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
Level 1: Power Bolts
Level 1: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
Level 6: Overdrive
Level 8: Defiance (Force of Will)
Level 11: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Quicksand (Rank 2, Repulsing Waves)
Level 17: Concentration
Level 20: Avalanche (Rank 2, Serrated Shards)
Level 23: Flashfire (Rank 2, Sweltering Heat)
Level 26: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
Level 29: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
Level 32: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 38: Ritual of Primal Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2)
Level 35: Ooze Tunneling (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Overseer: Administer (2/3)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)
Post edited by sidreus on

Comments

• Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Alright here we go...

1. There's no need to rank Energy Shield. It's fine at rank 1. In fact you could drop it entirely and take a second heal like bionic shielding or conviction instead.

2. Drop Force of Will from Defiance. It's horrible. Rank it if you have advantage points to spare, but it's not necessary. It'll simply make your life a bit easier.

3. Lighting Arc is fine, but it does get a 20% damage boost on targets affected by negative ions. Just sometihng to consider.

4. On Avalanche drop Serrated Shards and take rank 3 instead. Without Dex or a critical based primary superstat you won't have high enough critical hit chance even if you slot Critical Strike in secondary and primary Offense.

5. Drop Rank 2 on Flash-fire. It's quite simply not worth it in the slightest.

6. I'm pretty sure Evanescent Emergence on Resurgence is bugged, but it may have been fixed. Either way you already have a hold breaker in Ego Surge. Drop the advantage; rank it up instead or put the points elsewhere. Your Choice

7. Your choice of Recovery and Overdrive with your three maintain attacks can work. If you want you can try replacing Recovery with Endurance and taking Thermal Reverberation instead since you already have Flash-fire to activate it. Just sometihng to experiment with.

8. You took Bountiful Chi Resurgence, but didn't take the advantage. Make sure you take resurgent reiki. Slot of a Unity primary defense avoidance piece with a rank 5 gambler's Lucky gem for dodge core mod. This is more or less the standard.

9. Don't rank masterful dodge. It's pointless.

10. Your pet power. I have some bad news for you. If you don't use the commander specialization tree, any pet power you take will die in seconds and in essence be completely useless. Replace the power entirely.
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for advices.

I put some ranks as I, first time on my heroes had spare points. Like the Force of Will and Shield etc. I will put them on healing powers instead and rank them up.

If I go into detail;

1- I picked Energy Shield to pass first 3 powers. Now he is using electric EB, Lightning Arc and Sparkstorm which I can continue to use. So will check and see if I can get another Shield(Like TK or Force one with benefits) and Overdrive. That would mean dropping Quicksand but I can take another natural disaster related power instead, like Dustdevil which looks like a little tornado.

7- Overdrive scales with Int/End with boost from Rec so upon PTS test it was pretty nifty. I know Thermal Revb from one of my older builds. Unlike other powers it fires off with only one power which means I have to fire it off on every encounter. So Overdrive gives more flexibility on long run, like Alerts where I can't get close to boss and have to hit him from 50+ fts.

10- Pet power is just a cosmetic as I love how Primal Incarnate change forms while traveling. It will be Disaster's pet animal, like Krypto or Bathound.

And changed build to this. Changed Flashfire with Dustdevil which is a 100 ft AoE and more in theme with natural disasters. I don't know if advantage worth it or not.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: DISASTER

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Invincible
    Level 6: Investigator
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina
    Level 12: Boundless Reserves
    Level 15: Ascetic
    Level 18: Academics
    Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Sparkstorm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Defiance
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
    Level 17: Concentration
    Level 20: Avalanche (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Dust Devil (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 38: Ritual of Primal Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Ooze Tunneling (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Locus (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)