test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran Anniversary Gifts

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
Greetings, Champions! On Friday after maintenance, veteran players will be getting some special anniversary gifts, including exclusive titles and action figures. We'll announce the specifics tomorrow (hop on PTS tomorrow to test-drive them!), but I want to give a quick primer on how all of this will work.

Veteran players of CO will be getting these rewards upon logging in after maintenance, and everyone can get rewards from fighting the Destroid invasion. Veterans will get more rewards the longer they've been playing CO.

6-month tier: First login to Champions was at least six months ago, less than a year.
1-year tier: First login to Champions was at least a year ago, less than two years.
2-year tier: First login to Champions was at least two years ago.

-All dates (e.g. "six months ago") are relative to the official anniversary, September 1.
-Higher tiers will get the rewards of the lower tiers, or better versions of the same rewards.
-This criteria will include deleted characters. The number we're checking against is an account number, not a character number -- so that should be the broadest net as possible for defining a veteran player.
-Some of these rewards will be bound to your character, some will be bound to your account. When we announce the exact gifts, we'll specify which rewards are bound to what, and how to make sure you get them on the character you want.
-You can only get each item once per account.
-This will all be handled in-game; if any special actions are needed, I'll announce them tomorrow.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Rewarding veteran unlocks in this fashion totally came from left field. I like it.
    -Higher tiers will get the rewards of the lower tiers, or better versions of the same rewards.

If this is anything like how the Heroic Resonance works I'll be fine with it as long as it improves as we reach that higher tier. I personally don't want what I get to be limited because I wasn't around when the game came out.

BUT I'm liking how its not limited to just Gold players either! =)
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thanks for the info, TT!
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like this idea and am really curious as to what they will be.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My second year anniversary will take a while but i still have my very first character!

I'm glad to see something more happen to the vets :D

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    zoenderszoenders Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is the best news of the day. :)

Btw, I was a silver player back in Feb. 2011 and then after a few months I switched to gold. Do I get veteran rewards for playing as a silver player as well?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Test-drive?

Giggity.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zoenders wrote: »
    Btw, I was a silver player back in Feb. 2011 and then after a few months I switched to gold. Do I get veteran rewards for playing as a silver player as well?

I think it will be for both, gold and silver, it just counts how long you play the game because even as a silver you can be a veteran.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Greetings, Champions! On Friday after maintenance, veteran players will be getting some special anniversary gifts, including exclusive titles and action figures. We'll announce the specifics tomorrow (hop on PTS tomorrow to test-drive them!), but I want to give a quick primer on how all of this will work.

Veteran players of CO will be getting these rewards upon logging in after maintenance, and everyone can get rewards from fighting the Destroid invasion. Veterans will get more rewards the longer they've been playing CO.

6-month tier: First login to Champions was at least six months ago, less than a year.
    1-year tier: First login to Champions was at least a year ago, less than two years.
    2-year tier: First login to Champions was at least two years ago.

-All dates (e.g. "six months ago") are relative to the official anniversary, September 1.
    -This criteria will include deleted characters. The number we're checking against is an account number, not a character number -- so that should be the broadest net as possible for defining a veteran player.
    -Some of these rewards will be bound to your character, some will be bound to your account. When we announce the exact gifts, we'll specify which rewards are bound to what, and how to make sure you get them on the character you want.
    -This will all be handled in-game; if any special actions are needed, I'll announce them tomorrow.

What about the 3 year tier for the 1k+ vets :biggrin:?(actually it's 1.1k but you know what I mean:wink:)
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This sounds cool. I'm at 526 days now, roughly 506 days back on Sep 1st... I'm in the middle-tier. Neat!

Thanks guys! :smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    nicovolpenicovolpe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is there an easy way to determine how long you've had an account for?
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nicovolpe wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to determine how long you've had an account for?

Depends what you are looking for. Under My Account (top of the page) you can see your Subscription time. I don't think there is any way to see the account up time AFAIK. I'm curious of what they are using for the Vet Gifts myself. Do they use the sub time or account time.
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm really pleased about this, I'll have to wait and see whether the time I played the trial counts towards this but if so I can get the 2 year rewards.

*EDIT* It would appear that said time did count.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    me? im really happy to see this. its one thing to have a veterans program, which every subscriber has access to, and the already established reward system, but to have spontaneous rewards like this is an intensely gratifying gesture from cryptic/pwe.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nice gifts....:biggrin:

*scowls away*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Nice gifts....:biggrin:

*scowls away*
    What are the gifts? Anyone able to post spoilers for those of use stuck at work? And why the scowl, Sir Finn?

Edit: Seems the spoilers are showing up in this thread:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2461791#post2461791
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hawkwing AFs? Finally, a silly toy I wouldn't mind following me around pointlessly! :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    <.<

:redface:

>.>

:frown:

No "pre-order" items :mad:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *Slips on his goggles and mask*"Do it"
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well logged on to PTS and here is what I saw so far:

1. The Destroid Invasion has been removed.

2. "The Courageous" title. Can we get titles without "the" forced in it and just give us a prefix title option?

2. The Reward Kit comes in the mail, but I got a 6 month reward box even though I've been lifetime for almost 500 days. Other players report to being Lifetime for 800 and still got 6 months. And all it had was a plain Nighthawk AF.

3. All my Action Figures have been reset to none. Apparently this was before this update.

So I'm hoping that everything is reset and the reward kits are gifted wrong so that we can test the Legacy Vendor to see if it unlocks properly for all our characters.

Will the actual update be installed when the Devs come on?
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think we should have special titles determined for each toon by the /played command.

50 days: Super Veteran
    100 days: Marathon-Runner
    150 days: Doesn't Need No Stinking Alts!
    200 days: Addicted to Game
    250 days: Needs a life
    300+ days: My God, why aren't you paying rent?

:D
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Question. Is this a one shot deal or will it continue for players?

For example, say I'm two months from two years. Do I simply miss out on the two year gift. Or would those gifts become available for me in two months?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They're Anniversary gifts. Maybe in next anniversary?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm bugged. I've been here since beta, and I had an account issue that wiped all of my characters. I didn't think much of it, but apparently the game only thinks I've been here a year, which is when I came back after a hiatus. That's certainly not the case, I've been in game longer than Kevin Poe.

Is there any way to get this fixed?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey Turtle,

I'm having an issue with the anniversary gifts. I read today that the PTS transfer seems to be working again, so I linked a character and logged in. Then I realized I already had that character on the PTS, but one that I "built from scratch" due yesterday's character wipe, which caused the PTS-transferred character to have a number 1 after the name.

I logged into the "built from scratch" character intending to salvage anything on it before deleting it. I saw the messages indicating my new titles and headed to the mailbox. I saw that I had the "Happy Anniversary" email from Defender, and though about opening it, but decided to wait, thinking I would grab it when I logged in to the PTS-transferred character. I went back to the character selection screen, deleted both same-named characters, logged out, and re-transferred my character back to the PTS.

The email is no longer there. I cannot see it on any of my characters on the PTS. I know you stated previously that "some of these rewards will be bound to your character, some will be bound to your account." & "You can only get each item once per account." Was Defender's email not a account-wide email?

By the way, I'm also putting this as a bug in the respective thread on the PTS forum.
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is to the people to be enough clever to not claim rewards with characters they want to delete soon. (In the LIVE server of course).
    They just have to claim these rewards when they log with the characters they want, before deleting some of their characters, to be sure to avoid any problem.
    But this is logical, i will say.
  • Options
    xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is it possible to see how long an account has been active for? I can see my subscription days but not how long I've been an account holder. I bought the game when it launched so that should mean I'm in the higher tiers for rewards right?
  • Options
    solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    This is to the people to be enough clever to not claim rewards with characters they want to delete soon. (In the LIVE server of course).
    They just have to claim these rewards when they log with the characters they want, before deleting some of their characters, to be sure to avoid any problem.
    But this is logical, i will say.

To claim a reward you must claim the reward. I didn't claim anything. I simply saw that the email was there, but did not take the attachment.