test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting.

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
Ok, it's a known issue that nodes aren't giving crafting xp. However, I transferred every single mod I had to my new 40, to level her up by fusing. Even *that* is no longer giving xp, I just lost a buttload of mods and didn't get a single skill rank out of the deal.

Think we can get a fix on this, soon? Mods are kinda important, and this is getting very expensive. Especially considering that I'm mostly only losing mods anymore because of gameplay glitches. I went through 250 safeguard catalysts, *hoping* one of em would trigger something so I'd have a result I could report. Nope.
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow, that really sucks rotten monkey balls. Times like these Im glad I have 3 lvl40 characters that have all the crafting skills (Mysticism, Arms, Science) maxed out WAY before they introduced this new one which is arguably both GOOD and BAD and a pain to level up from what I've been told.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've got some 40s with capped skill too, but I have a new character I'm focusing to make my main. Rather hard when I can't even get crafting above 1, lol.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, i noticed i can't release the cap on Arm Skills of my Blade, so now it is stuck on 300, yes i tried to buy the cap on vendor, but says "don't have enough resources".

I also heard it is because of the bugs or events, etc the usual.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
    edited September 2012
    Bank tabs do that too. I've got a 40 with like 300g, and I can't spend 10 of it to buy a bank tab.

This is especially maddening on my older 40s, because I went silver and they took 2 bank tabs. I didn't get em back when I reupped, and one cost 100g, and I *can't rebuy em*. Ffs.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Last night I had fused some mods in a, as I got them, kinda way and I gained a couple skill levels from it.

I was using Science Skill: T1 Gamblers to get T2s, and was getting levels. Which skill are you using?

Did you try using different kinds of mods? Also, did you try it without the safeguard catalyst?
    edited September 2012
    Mysticism. Every mod in the entire game, I had stacks of 15 of all of them, up to r5. And yeah, I lost about 25 mods and fused quite a few before I gave up and started using the catalysts. I combined all of my mods from 4 of my 40s to try to make this happen.

It didn't, and what particularly irks me is losing about 4 r5 gambler's mods. That's like 100g, just thrown away, for nothing. If I got ranks, I'd be cool, that was actually intended. But since I didn't get ranks, it's like I'm being taxed for trying to use an essential part of the game.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just double checked and ranked up my Science skill from 5 to 6 fusing r1 Growths to a r2. So Science is working. I don't have any Arms characters to check it out though. May just be Mysticism.

Also, I had no Idea you could fuse a r5 at skill level 1. Interesting little PL trick.
    edited September 2012
    You can, but you've only got like a 50% chance. I went all the way through from r1 to r5. might just be mysticism then. Sucks to be me, lol.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine