test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what now?

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Ok, so we all know that the Vibora Bay Apocolypse is bugged, and it impeeds progress through the story.

My question is...what do I do now?

I'm Level 35, can't progress in VBA, and this being the first hero I've actively pushed towards Level 40, I don't know where to go next, or what to do in order to keep moving towards the end.

???

The only mission I have in my log is the ultra-broken "All the is Unholy" which is blocking my progress, Monster Island is now below my level, Waterwold is where I just left.

What would a Level 35 do from here?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• Options
    crashen17crashen17 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Keep going through Monster Island or Lemuria. Both will level you faster than Vibora. The problem I've had with Vibora Bay missions is that they are mostly instanced, which means you can only complete them one at a time, as opposed to the open world ones that often overlap, like in Monster Island where you can knock out like four or five missions at once, in the same time it would take to do one instanced mission. If you are dead set on doing Vibora Bay, wait for A Day At The Mall GRAB, and when it's over, don't exit. Run to the power house, enter, and when you leave you'll be in post-(Pre?)apocalypse Vibora Bay. Though you will need to repeat the process to get back in if you leave. I probably shouldn't have said any of that, but hey, they probably should also fix the bugs in the Apocalypse.
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You should be able to get to level 40 with Lemuria and Monster Island Missions. Have you tried the West side of Monster Island, that should have some missions to do with the Qularr and Gadget Boy? I think the North is level 37 and up, not sure how low they start, but I know there are quite a few things to do to get you to 40.

I know Lemuria has quite a few missions for the 34-40 range also. If you don't find them, let me know and I'll take my character over there to find the names of the exact contacts.

Also, if you just want to bridge the gap between levels, the Adventure packs may be the way to go.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Monster Island can still level you. It has stuff from 30 to 40.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    crashen17 wrote: »
    Keep going through Monster Island or Lemuria. Both will level you faster than Vibora. The problem I've had with Vibora Bay missions is that they are mostly instanced, which means you can only complete them one at a time, as opposed to the open world ones that often overlap, like in Monster Island where you can knock out like four or five missions at once, in the same time it would take to do one instanced mission. If you are dead set on doing Vibora Bay, wait for A Day At The Mall GRAB, and when it's over, don't exit. Run to the power house, enter, and when you leave you'll be in post-(Pre?)apocalypse Vibora Bay. Though you will need to repeat the process to get back in if you leave. I probably shouldn't have said any of that, but hey, they probably should also fix the bugs in the Apocalypse.

Interesting. Is there anything to do in post-Apoc VB for Level 35-40? I remember going there back in the 20's and it seemed the zone was pretty much 20's only.
    You should be able to get to level 40 with Lemuria and Monster Island Missions. Have you tried the West side of Monster Island, that should have some missions to do with the Qularr and Gadget Boy? I think the North is level 37 and up, not sure how low they start, but I know there are quite a few things to do to get you to 40.

I know Lemuria has quite a few missions for the 34-40 range also. If you don't find them, let me know and I'll take my character over there to find the names of the exact contacts.

Also, if you just want to bridge the gap between levels, the Adventure packs may be the way to go.

I'll have to do some looking around. Currently I don't have any missions to send me anywhere in those locations, so maybe I need to knock out a level or two before they appear?

Might have to head over to the Serpent Lantern. VIPER could use some knocking around. ;)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'll have to do some looking around. Currently I don't have any missions to send me anywhere in those locations, so maybe I need to knock out a level or two before they appear?

Might have to head over to the Serpent Lantern. VIPER could use some knocking around. ;)

Perhaps. You might be in a limbo between two areas, where you would have missions if you followed the chain but don't have any that show this moment.

But you can definitely level on MI, it was my finishing place for the levelling contest. 35 to 40 in about four hours.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OP, with the Awesome Chuck Avatar;

You still have a ton of stuff to do just on Monster Island. Consult this map!

Wayfarer Coast

Argent Wildlife 'Preserve'

Slither Beach

Echinocos Shores

And Andrithal!

Note the area foe and mission level ranges on this page too!

It's actually much faster to level from 35 to 40, than it is to go from 30 to 35.

SImilarly, if you get tired of the Island wildlife, you can always dip back over to Lemuria, it's deeper areas are higher level range [and have some neat Story stuff] to level you fast, although the 3d fighting is rough on pure melee builds and ATs. Ranged has it a lot easier there.

Goood luck, and call if you need help.

@Rune
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    iamrune wrote: »
    OP, with the Awesome Chuck Avatar;

Wayfarer Coast

Slither Beach

Echinocos Shores

And Andrithal!

It's actually much faster to level from 35 to 40, than it is to go from 30 to 35.

SImilarly, if you get tired of the Island wildlife, you can always dip back over to Lemuria, it's deeper areas are higher level range [and have some neat Story stuff] to level you fast, although the 3d fighting is rough on pure melee builds and ATs. Ranged has it a lot easier there.

Goood luck, and call if you need help.

@Rune

Thanks Rune for the Awesome writeup!

And everyone else too! All good info.

Back to MI I will go!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Interesting. Is there anything to do in post-Apoc VB for Level 35-40? I remember going there back in the 20's and it seemed the zone was pretty much 20's only.

The Post Crisis Vibora Bay is different then the level 20 chain of missions you do there. They're 2 completely different instances. So if you have a friend doing those missions and you're in Post Crisis Vibora, you wouldn't be able to see him. You'd need to pick up the level 20 chain of missions (share) to get to him.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The Post Crisis Vibora Bay is different then the level 20 chain of missions you do there. They're 2 completely different instances. So if you have a friend doing those missions and you're in Post Crisis Vibora, you wouldn't be able to see him. You'd need to pick up the level 20 chain of missions (share) to get to him.

Ahhh, so it's like Blizzard's phasing technology they used in WOTLK.

Makes sense.

• Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Theres also a small batch of 35+ missions in Canada. Sasquatch stuff.

• Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just do Smash! Alerts for the last 5 levels...you can always go back and do missions you missed out on when they get fixed, but once you hit 40, you will be less inclined to do Smashes with that toon unless they are part of the daily mission.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Glad you asked this. Right now I'm leveling a toon and my goal is to avoid Vibora Bay like it's the plague, same for Lemuria.

I have reasons for both- Vibora Bay seems a bit 'weak' for the final levels of a heroic superhero after you've taken down Supervillains and the like, and I have this thing with sea life and Lemuria freaks me out- I literally shudder while I'm playing there.
  • Options
    kcg75000kcg75000 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    iamrune wrote: »

Wayfarer Coast

Slither Beach

Echinocos Shores

And Andrithal!

I agree to follow the advice and information in Rune's post. The issue with MI is that after you 'finish' Wells Pass there is no breadcrumb mission that leads you to Gadget Boy or the other contacts at Wayfarer Coast. The best thing to do is if you see other parts of the zone that you are in that you haven't been to when you open up your map, try going over to those areas and you may discover a mission contact or two.

This list on the Wiki is also helpful to know what zones are in your level range: Mission Level Locations
    Ok, so we all know that the Vibora Bay Apocolypse is bugged, and it impeeds progress through the story.

The only mission I have in my log is the ultra-broken "All the is Unholy" which is blocking my progress

Actually, VB Crisis is able to be completed. Yes, Valerian Scarlet IS bugged but only if she uses a certain power at around 1/3 of her life (the point at which she becomes 'defeated' in "All that is Unholy" and "Braving the Elements"). You just have to use your highest DPS abilities as you fight her and hope she doesn't use her ability that causes her to disappear. Yes, it can matter on luck as much as your abilities, but the missions are doable. I have gotten two heroes through the Crisis in the past two weeks and both had problems with the above two missions as well as "No Time Like the Present", but after resetting them and trying again I was able to progress to the end.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Glad you asked this. Right now I'm leveling a toon and my goal is to avoid Vibora Bay like it's the plague, same for Lemuria.

I have reasons for both- Vibora Bay seems a bit 'weak' for the final levels of a heroic superhero after you've taken down Supervillains and the like, and I have this thing with sea life and Lemuria freaks me out- I literally shudder while I'm playing there.

It's too bad we don't have more zones and area that are city for Levels 35-40.

It seems once you leave MC around Level 25, it's nothing but "exotic" locations. Monster Island, Lemuria, Canadian Wilderness, rinse and repeat.

I have the most fun in game, when I'm in the city, fighting in Westside or Downtown.

I once made a proposal for expanding the city for the Upper levels:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=166241

But the proposal never got much traction, the Devs never acknowledged it, and so it's pretty much ignored.

But your mention of your hydrophobia ;) reminded me of my desire to stop globe-trotting, and instead focus on the problems near my own home. (Millennium City)

• Options
    mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is a contact mission somewhere (I don't recall where, but I got it last week somehow) to send you to Major Larke for the Wayfarer Coast missions, but for some reason it's not in the normal stuff you do on Monster Island.

IIRC, if you're just following along those missions, you get to the point of doing Moreau's Lab, and then nothing.

OTOH, doing the level 34-36 missions for Major Larke and Gadget Boy, you'll get the mission sending you to the next area of Monster Island, which is the Argent Preserve. It's a weird gap, and because of it there's a lot of peeps that don't know about the missions on the other 2/3 of monster island.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    kcg75000 wrote: »
    The issue with MI is that after you 'finish' Wells Pass there is no breadcrumb mission that leads you to Gadget Boy or the other contacts at Wayfarer Coast.

Yeah, this right here.

I've felt like I was in limbo, because I didn't have anything to tell me that missions were available there.

I knew zones existed for my level range, it's just a matter of I didn't want to go there if none of the missions were unlocked, you know?

All this info clears alot of things up.

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Try exploring.

That's what I did--I simply traveled around MI and found all sorts of cool stuff, including a chain of missions that culminates in a very tough level 40 lair, Andrith Ruins.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    kcg75000kcg75000 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is a contact mission somewhere (I don't recall where, but I got it last week somehow) to send you to Major Larke for the Wayfarer Coast missions, but for some reason it's not in the normal stuff you do on Monster Island.

That's Right! There is a mission to go to Major Larke and it is given out by Captain Jandebeur aboard the Aegir in Lemuria, but you have to finish most, if not all, of The Undying Reef for him to give it to you. He also gives out a mission to visit The Constable in Canada at the same time. I believe both of these missions were added when the On:Alert patch was implemented.

So, you do Wells Pass, then The Undying Reef in Lemuria, and then you get sent back to Monster Island.
    I knew zones existed for my level range, it's just a matter of I didn't want to go there if none of the missions were unlocked, you know?

Unlike some other MMOs, what I have noticed in CO is that you don't NEED breadcrumb missions to open up most missions from contacts. As soon as you meet the minimum level for the missions from a contact, they will be available to you. So, you could go exploring on your own in that zone that you know is in your level range and just start picking up missions.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The crime computer used to be awesome for finding missions around your level, it would show the contact as well as the leveled mission they had. Now you have to click on the contact to see what missions they have, it's a mess. The nice thing is that you can get new missions and turn them in through the crime computer instead of trekking back to the contact.
    The crime computer in the hideout will show you a handful of missions and there level also.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The crime computer used to be awesome for finding missions around your level, it would show the contact as well as the leveled mission they had. Now you have to click on the contact to see what missions they have, it's a mess. The nice thing is that you can get new missions and turn them in through the crime computer instead of trekking back to the contact.
    The crime computer in the hideout will show you a handful of missions and there level also.

Good tip! I'll take a look at that too.

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If it were my call- and it isn't- once you unlocked any area, there'd be missions there to take you from your current level all the way to the top, including the starting area of MC.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If it were my call- and it isn't- once you unlocked any area, there'd be missions there to take you from your current level all the way to the top, including the starting area of MC.

I like that idea! :biggrin:

• Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can bypass the vb apocalypse, too. There are few methods. But, eh. VB is boring as hell.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kcg75000 wrote: »

Actually, VB Crisis is able to be completed. Yes, Valerian Scarlet IS bugged but only if she uses a certain power at around 1/3 of her life (the point at which she becomes 'defeated' in "All that is Unholy" and "Braving the Elements"). You just have to use your highest DPS abilities as you fight her and hope she doesn't use her ability that causes her to disappear. Yes, it can matter on luck as much as your abilities, but the missions are doable. I have gotten two heroes through the Crisis in the past two weeks and both had problems with the above two missions as well as "No Time Like the Present", but after resetting them and trying again I was able to progress to the end.

I would suggest finding another person to help. Two people can usually deal with her before she bugs out. One person can be dodgy, but two will almost certainly be able to finish her off every time.
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have yet to complete VB on any of my toons (I can't stand the super tedious long crypts) but I have a number of toons at 40. I use the Canadian missions MI and AP's or comic series to fill in any levelling gaps. I sometimes don't even use Lemuria as I find it hard to get my head around why some of my toons would even go there. Now you can also use Alerts to fill any gaps in levelling.
    edited September 2012
    It's too bad we don't have more zones and area that are city for Levels 35-40.

It seems once you leave MC around Level 25, it's nothing but "exotic" locations. Monster Island, Lemuria, Canadian Wilderness, rinse and repeat.

I have the most fun in game, when I'm in the city, fighting in Westside or Downtown.

This.

There are a few areas around MC that dont have much going on in them since they're on the outskirts of the maps. A new office building and some high end mobs and we're good.
    I can't stand the super tedious long crypts.

It's the second biggest flaw of an otherwise lovely map.

The biggest flaw is that vampire graveyard with the tightly packed mobs of master villains that you need to kill in a specific way to complete a mission.
    edited September 2012

Honestly I find more stuff for leveling in MI than I do in VB - I only bother with apoc so I can park in vb and avoid the MC ren cen