test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CoH Migrant

knightfalzknightfalz Posts: 33 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Introductions
Hello everyone!

I'm another CoH migrant. Millennium City must be starting to feel like New York during the heavy immigration days.

The loss of CoH was definitely a dark cloud but being able to explore this new game (to me) has been very much a silver lining. There are many things the games do differently, so it is bound to be a grand exploration.

I tried it once, long ago, with a Cryptic account, but it didn't stick with me back then. Now, when returning, even in the tutorial I have noted positive changes from those days. I finally figured out how to associate the Cryptic account to the PW one, so I'm all set in that regard.

Sadly, my playing partner in CoH, showing on the boards as sevdai or the like, won't be able to join me here, due to her machine not having the graphic power to adequately display the game even at the most minimal levels and by the time the graphics are adequate she has lost playability. As such, we will have to spend our joint game time elsewhere as upgrading her machine is not currently an option.

Still, the superhero genre is something I quite enjoy, so I won't be able to resist continuing on in new surroundings. I'm looking forward to meeting other players and sharing adventures and stories with them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    welcome to the team sport! lol.

honestly though as long as your at heart a hero, your going to fit in. all of the cox members crossing over is an influx of new blood, much appreciated by most of us champs vets. heck, many of us also have played cox (i know i have).

in my opinion, city of players have a lot going for them. many are good rp'ers, many more are experienced at making unique and nice looking costumes and have good community skills.

all part of the genre :biggrin:
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm, sounds like the exact situation of someone I know...

Hallo and welcome from a fellow City citizen!
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    selaralselaral Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I've found the community here to be quite friendly and helpful. That certainly bodes well for the future.

I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of each other here Ep, just as we have in CoH.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    welcome! and yo udont need to stay in the city, all you need to do is get to elvel 34 and i can hook ya up wiht an express pass to Vibora Bay, Florida! 'swhere the fun's at
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is you, Somber, isn't it? :P
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Heh, yep Ep, it's me... Somber Sonata. Congratulations, once again, on your success in that costume contest. I'll be seeing you later in game, eh?

It's taking me a bit of time to get used to the differences between CoH and CO, but now that I figured out my energy builder is just that, and not really useful as an attack (for me anyway), things have been going a bit smoother.

So far, CO is definitely harder for me than CoH. The Unleashed is way more squishy at his level (just made 8 at this point, but haven't played him at that level yet) than any scrapper or brute I've ever had at a similar level. This is probably partly due to the EB thing mentioned above, so I'm looking forward to seeing how survivable he is when I play better. Even taking that into account his health seems to go down pretty swiftly.

It is quite interesting exploring the differences in how the two games have handled the genre. I'll likely be picking up the three month subscription deal so that I can give the game a really good try so I can develop a solid impression of it and determine if I wish to invest further into it.