test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adventure Packs Fail To Give Out Rewards

vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
So, a friend of mine and I decided to take on some Adventure Packs (Resistance, Whiteout and Aftershock).

Whiteout was bugged the moment we got in. The door to bunker #1 was completely unopenable. The door flashed, and had the option to open, but to no avail, it never did. We tried to relog, exit the map and re-enter, but it did not help.

Aftershock, I was team leader. After we finished this series, I was the only one to gain the reward.
Resistance; my friend was the team leader, and he was the only one to gain the reward. I got no titles or items. Vice versa when I was leading for Aftershock.

On our Resistance quest, I noticed that my mission journal kept saying "Go to Multifaria". This quest never completed for some reason...

I'm wondering if anyone else has been encountering this problem? Or if this problem has been acknowledged at all yet?
Post edited by vempyremon on

Comments

• l7zergel7zerge Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    vempyremon wrote: »
    So, a friend of mine and I decided to take on some Adventure Packs (Resistance, Whiteout and Aftershock).

Whiteout was bugged the moment we got in. The door to bunker #1 was completely unopenable. The door flashed, and had the option to open, but to no avail, it never did. We tried to relog, exit the map and re-enter, but it did not help.

Aftershock, I was team leader. After we finished this series, I was the only one to gain the reward.
    Resistance; my friend was the team leader, and he was the only one to gain the reward. I got no titles or items. Vice versa when I was leading for Aftershock.

On our Resistance quest, I noticed that my mission journal kept saying "Go to Multifaria". This quest never completed for some reason...

I'm wondering if anyone else has been encountering this problem? Or if this problem has been acknowledged at all yet?

I can vouch to the Resistance bug at least, as well as Whiteout. Never have I got those working. The resistance one was especially odd, I've fully run the entire set of missions twice and never has the Multifaria objective completed to give me the final reward.
    l7zerge wrote: »
    I can vouch to the Resistance bug at least, as well as Whiteout. Never have I got those working. The resistance one was especially odd, I've fully run the entire set of missions twice and never has the Multifaria objective completed to give me the final reward.

I've gone through Whiteout three times with the door working. I've never exactly completed any adventure packs fully (I'm not a pack player, fortunately and unfortunately) until now to know how long this bug has been going on, or if it's been because of the recent patches.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, though!
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    vempyremon wrote: »
    I've gone through Whiteout three times with the door working. I've never exactly completed any adventure packs fully (I'm not a pack player, fortunately and unfortunately) until now to know how long this bug has been going on, or if it's been because of the recent patches.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, though!

I can also confirm the Resistance bug. Isn't it nice how the activities that exist to earn you questionite are all working perfectly when they offer double questionite? Sort of like the way so many people had no issues with CTDs keeping them from taking advantage of double XP...

Do I sound frustrated? Annoyed? Golly-gosh-gee, I can't imagine why that would be... /sarcasm
  • vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    I can also confirm the Resistance bug. Isn't it nice how the activities that exist to earn you questionite are all working perfectly when they offer double questionite? Sort of like the way so many people had no issues with CTDs keeping them from taking advantage of double XP...

Do I sound frustrated? Annoyed? Golly-gosh-gee, I can't imagine why that would be... /sarcasm

I can totally understand total frustration in this. I was up from 9pm to 4am finishing Resistance only to find out I got NOTHING for it.

The Nighthawk patch seems to be causing most, if not all, of these bugs. Even if they're not related. I'm not too sure anymore. Dx;
  • mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    These bugs have been going on for around two weeks now and shhould have been fixed ages ago.
    No reward for AP's. Resistance wont allow you to snipe Mega D console and reboots to the beginning every time you leave the map.
    I am not sure about the other adventure packs as I am not wasting hours playing them to get the same result as Resistance i.e no rewards for completion.
    Please fix these as I dont care much how spangly alerts get if I can't progess my game, not to mention Canada is busted on Lee Tosi and Destoyers Factory bugged again.
    I feel that I can only be an alert player as nothing else is working and I dont like wasting my tme.
  • arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh hai V. I had no idea this thread was yours. xP

Anyhow I haven't done an AP in months due to how long they are and the fact I can get faster Q-ore via alerts but I have missed doing them. (Whiteout and Aftershock only)

I'd be willing to test this with you if you're not too busy. School Im sure is a ***** for both of us.
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I fully intend to check on these bugs after the Nighthawk patch is removed (well, probably tomorrow, actually, since I'm still working on stuff for my classes tonight...) Dunno if the removal of the Nighthawk event will change anything- honestly, I doubt it, as I suspect that whatever broke these events is probably related to something else in the same patch. Still, can't hurt to test, right?

right?

...crickets?
    edited September 2012
    Yet again, I've tested Aftershock with a friend as me as the team leader. The quest fails to give him any rewards. It seems to be stuck on Aftershock #1 for him, even after we complete it. Despite that he doesnt mind this, it's ticking me off quite a lot.

AND the fact that I contacted a GM about Whiteout not working, only to receive a response back telling me to drop the quest and obtain it again. Trust me, I've done this several times yet nothing seems to make it work.

If it IS the Nighthawk patch, it needs to be removed. Something needs to be fixed. EVERYTHING needs to be fixed. The game was NOT like this when I first started playing. I really wish it would be back to it's normal unbuggy self.

Now I'm just ranting because I'm tired of it and it makes me really sad. ;_;

Arekusus, as my buddy and closest game-buddy, it would be awesome to have someone else witness this bug to be another person to confirm it here.
  • gnostromognostromo Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Had the same problem with both Resistance and Whiteout. The series missions sometimes just won't update after completing. Even once you finish the entire series successfully, you can't turn it in afterwards because of this bug. Highly frustrating!
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just ran Resistance and I can confirm that the problem still exists. Even after completing the whole mission, my Mission Tracker (as it is described in the UI) stays stuck on:

-Escape from the Conquerors Building
    -Go to Multifaria

The individual mission items (which appear in the "Open Missions / PvP" Box in the UI) did update as I went through the instance, but the main Mission Tracker did not advance and I was therefore not able to turn in the mission and collect the rewards.

:frown: :mad:
    I testify to the Resistance bug, tried to play it today.

Aftershock #3 has no reward, despite reminding players to collect it.
    This has been so since on-alert hit.
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Greetings!

I have seen these reports in the Bug Reports tickets and in few threads. I will be hunting down the possible causes of these issues, and look into getting them resolved.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • gnostromognostromo Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    Greetings!

I have seen these reports in the Bug Reports tickets and in few threads. I will be hunting down the possible causes of these issues, and look into getting them resolved.

That's good to hear! I'm looking forward to finally being able to finish Resistance! :wink:
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have just completed my testing on the reported whiteout issue with bunker #1. I can enter the bunker as intended, and I cant seem to get it to break. But with the amount of reports I have seen, I see that something must be broken with it.

If anyone can give me a step by step reproduction of this issue, making note of anything they see, this will help a lot. I am going to search through all the bug report tickets that I have on this issue, and try to find anything I might be missing.

Edit: Scratch that, Figured it out. :)
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    I have just completed my testing on the reported whiteout issue with bunker #1. I can enter the bunker as intended, and I cant seem to get it to break. But with the amount of reports I have seen, I see that something must be broken with it.

If anyone can give me a step by step reproduction of this issue, making note of anything they see, this will help a lot. I am going to search through all the bug report tickets that I have on this issue, and try to find anything I might be missing.

Edit: Scratch that, Figured it out. :)

Is it odd that I got an image of drannic, locked and loaded ready to stamp out these bugs? :biggrin:

It's good to hear from Devs on Forums. I will finally be able to run Whiteout!! It has a very nice RP storyline, plus I love to zoom out and stare at the gigantic force shield they put up... *-*
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I see progress isn't saved in Resistance whatsoever as of today. Which I found particularly frustrating as I was simply farming for perks. After leaving map for not getting credit, I made 3 attempts to make it back there from champs HQ (or the multifarian equivalent) only to get bugged where you have to destroy the spy drones, each time failing to get credit after destroying one of them, leaving it forever stuck at 3 out of 4.
    edited September 2012
    Drannic, thank you for responding! <3

I've just managed to play through Whiteout. It apparently IS broken when played through with a team. None of the bunker doors will work unless the team breaks up. However, my friend was constantly forced to logged off and on to be able to get inside the bunker himself. This continued on until the end of the issue through all the doors.

I also noticed in the last part, quite a lot of the Roin'esh were putting infinite holds on both of us that absolutely would never break until they killed us. But, as my Mind (and the aura the Mind has), it made it impossible for them to kill us, as well as impossible to break out. The holds kept piling up and was quite frustrating. I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug as well. The door is the main thing, however!