test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nighthawk Mission Ends Sep. 17

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
The Nighthawk mission is set to end tomorrow, September 17, at noon. Make sure you get your last run in before it closes down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• needsmoardakkaneedsmoardakka Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You're going to sneak something in regarding the Dr. D invasion, aren't you?
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i think was conflicting with the anniversary event. after all both groups were spawning together
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh thank god.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank God. Yesterday my new low-level toon went to speak to Burt Jackson and was assaulted by a group of lackeys armed with guns and also a huge Destroid. I could have handled one but both? No chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Huh. I just worked out a system for dealing with both at the same time (fly up, turn off energy builder, use my main secondary power, block to gain energy, focus on one at a time), and now you're getting rid of them?
    Daaaaaannnnggg...
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So bad. Nighthawk's mission was one more thing to do in the game.
    A content which was not buggued (as whiteout and others).
    And the crime scenes helped to give more life to MC.

@Cryptic: It would be good if you could work on content which last for 365 days/year instead of events which last for 1 or 2 weeks. Really.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »

@Cryptic: It would be good if you could work on content which last for 365 days/year instead of events which last for 1 or 2 weeks. Really.
    I do agree with you -- More permanent content is always welcome/needed. But, honestly, I kind of like the "event rotation" on some things. Adds a sense of urgency to get them completed. And as long as they are able to keep adding new events, and/or keep them rotating on a semi-regular basis, then there's always something "new" to do, while keeping the content fresh.

Of course, the game does need a new Zone/Expansion, and if THAT kind of conent is being delayed because Cryptic can only do one (events) or the other (permanents), then they ARE hurting themselves there.

Kind of a Catch 22, I suppose. But right now, I'm enjoying the events. :smile:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012

agreed 100%
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Agreed completely and totally.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So it's gone? For ever? Or what?
    Like this game is overflowing with content....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Gotta agree with this. IMO CO is STARVED for good new content that ISN'T yet another 'Alert'. It's a shame that a lot of the new and better content (with VO) is limited and then removed.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Seems like a real waste to get rid of it. Some of us barely got time to play it.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This...

I'm getting tired of grinding so much I get mentally sick from doing it to get whatever worthwhile rewards that randomly drop from whatever new grab bag is out that month and then never seen for months after it's initial appearance...

I didn't even bother with Nighthawk, I did the mission like three times and just stopped playing altogether.

Snark never dies.
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah they could easily rotate all these special events. Bring back The Mountain Grab Bag grind!
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm glad it's gone but only 4 two reasons.

1. Several patches and it still had the same bugs. I did over 70 of these on my 40s alone, but didn't see the true extent of how bad the scaling was till I ran it on a level 25 or 26. Normally I'd top or come close to topping the leaderboard, but on the lowbie, I was hardly making a scratch, which I only noticed because the rest of the team was all lower level and dying repeatedly. Considering this was one of the first missions offered getting out of the PH, either it needed a much higher level restriction or actually working scaling.

Will miss seeing Nighthawk destroy my teammates before the elevator ride up.

2. I got more than my fill. -- Note I'm sure plenty of others didn't, and liked having a nice questionite alternative, so there's no disrespect to them. To give you an idea, I have about 37 items of junk devices from that grab bag.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    glad its gone too. Im here to play champions online, not generic fighter jet online...
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    glad its gone too. Im here to play champions online, not generic fighter jet online...

Isn't it wonderful... that it was entirely optional to play that content? :rolleyes:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited September 2012
    Isn't it wonderful... that it was entirely optional to play that content?

Yes but its development took time from developing, i dont know, say the new zone weve been waiting 3 years for?

Not to mention the jets all over the place in missions etc now. They should have just added vehicles as travel power skins.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes but its development took time from developing, i dont know, say the new zone weve been waiting 3 years for?

Not to mention the jets all over the place in missions etc now. They should have just added vehicles as travel power skins.

3 years? Did Vibora Bay not count or something? Don't like that either eh? :cool:

And jets are just another Become Device, like all the other Become Devices. Why is that a problem? Heroes with planes isn't exactly a new concept.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited September 2012
    3 years? Did Vibora Bay not count or something? Don't like that either eh?

And jets are just another Become Device, like all the other Become Devices. Why is that a problem? Heroes with planes isn't exactly a new concept.

I knew youd mention vibora bay lol. No nothing against it but that came out 4 months after launch, so ok i rounded up a bit, its been 2 years 8 months weve been waiting for a new zone, that better? Either way its way overdue and they need to be concentrating on that not stupid events that makes us all generic jets instead of champions.

Yes jets are another become device, but uinlike other devices it turns you into a vehicle which the others do not. (Yes i know youre in the vehicle but you cant do anything except be a jet)

They should have had vehicles as travel power skins NOT becomes. I have nothing against heroes using vehicles, but like i said im here to play champions not jet fighters. Plus they arent just more becomes, they out class all other becomes AND have a built in travel power - totally stupid idea.
  • lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This. Seriously, stop removing stuff. It's like you guys haven't figure out how to run an mmo yet.
    Or perhaps design stuff that isn't going to be phased out after spending time on. The stuff with the Anniversary Event is understandable of course, but outside of special events, why not make things permanent to give people variety of experience?

I think part of the Nighthawk deal was it kinda took over MC which isn't something that is going to just remain persistent indefinitely. It was designed to be temporary...it would either need to be converted to be permanent and less obvious and pervasive somehow (like become JUST the queued part, or just can the 'ALL UNITS NIGHTHAWK HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN DEFENDER'S DEFENDER-O's(TM) CEREAL!!!' bits which get oooooold after a while), or be in a rotation like the 'special' Alerts.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love to have a rotation of open alert missions :3

Foxbat has been spotted in the panty warehouse!! Go!!!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All units! Some villains has been spotted in my garage! Let's clean it out to find them, quick!!!