test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: Vibora Bay Apocalypse no longer completable.

alterbee#8429 alterbee Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
Just got on to the mission "No Time Like the Present". The cut scene plays at the start fine, but as soon as it finishes I get the following system message : "[0:33] [System] [LegacyFloaterMsg] You were unable to get this mission."

After that, the mission cannot advance AT ALL. I defeat Valerian Scarlet and she simply vanishes, there is nothing to interact with either. I simply cannot progress on the content.

How can a patch be released that breaks SO many things?
Post edited by alterbee#8429 on

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, this patch has broken several characters for some reason:

Ripper
    Valerian Scarlet
    All Nemeses

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    hipcheckerhipchecker Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yeh valerian scarlet uses DARK power and they tend to disappear half way through fight. Run your toon through the instance a few times and hit hard and fast. For Valerian Scarlet's brownhouse it took me 5 tries and for Valerian Scarlet in Juryrig's Garage i had to team up with someone...its "do-able" but not ideal. PW should seriously get on this...

If y'all ever need a healer for Gravy, don't be afraid to give me a shout. I'm always up for a lil gravy if I ain't doin' anything :)
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Valerian fell through the floor or vanished not sure which when she
    hit half health in "all thats unholy" or whatever that mission to get the flame gem is.
  • Options
    phelandraculphelandracul Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been having the same problem with Braving the Elements. Scarlet disappears when she gets to half life. I've been stuck on this mission for a few days now.
  • Options
    koriel8koriel8 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is still not fixed with the 8/30/12 and 8/31/12 patches.
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any way to do this with Val going thru the floor or should I just sod off back to MI to level up?
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Short answer: you cannot complete the Vibora Bay storyline until this bug gets fixed. Period. Hopefully they're looking into this, because I wanna take some characters into VB proper and murder-death-kill for costume drops...
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Righty ho, thnx for quick answer!
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Val disappeared for me in All That's Unholy as well. I though I'd defeated her had left the church. Now I can't get back inside the church.
  • Options
    phelandraculphelandracul Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Some of the cut scenes have been changed. The Apocalypse is now doable. (I finished it last night.) I only had to log out for 30sec 1 time.
  • Options
    endgame6981endgame6981 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Apocalypse is NOT doable. Valerian Scarlet still disappears midway through the fight in All That Is Unholy.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Apocalypse is NOT doable. Valerian Scarlet still disappears midway through the fight in All That Is Unholy.

Can't remember which mission was which, but as far as the church holy flame mission, I took her down in a few hits and it played out accordingly.

The mission where Therakiel pops up to destroy the elemental gems was definitely bugged, being that he never appeared, the gems remained, and defender and Ironclad never died - however it did count the mission complete once the broken cutscene ended.
  • Options
    endgame6981endgame6981 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I did manage to finally get past All That Is Unholy, but the mission No Time Like The Present suffers from the same bug. Valerian Scarlet will disappear when she is down to 25% health and I don't get credit for the mission.

I was going to record a video of this happening in All That Is Unholy, but that was when I managed to pass the mission. If the problem persists, I'll make a video of this happening in No Time Like The Present to prove that the bug has not been fixed.
  • Options
    misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I encountered the Valerian bug tonight, but eventually managed to beat her and finish the Apocalypse.

She is actually disappearing when she uses one of her powers, not sure which but when she charges it, she is surrounded by a swirling dark cloud, then poof, no more Valerian. She doesn't use the power at one predetermined point in the fight, tonight I had her poof out during her first pip of health, the second and the third in multiple attempts to beat her. Eventually got her down by a combination of big damage hits and getting lucky with her spamming her other attacks instead of the broken one.

Also, the cutscene bug with Therakiel has been around for ages, seen that one a few times too.
  • Options
    carloshadadcarloshadad Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've been trying to finish the elemental gems mission all day to no avail.

No matter how hard and fast I hit her, Scarlet just keeps vanishing at around half HP.
    I got really lucky during "All that is unholy", she still vanished but, the objectives were green.

If I leave Vibora Bay, do I have to redo Apocalypse or do I start from the last mission?
  • Options
    misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sorry you couldn't beat Valerian, it really mostly comes down to luck more than anything else. To answer your question, you can leave Vibora and come back and pick up where you left off at any time, no need to restart.
  • Options
    carloshadadcarloshadad Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    misterjust wrote: »
    Sorry you couldn't beat Valerian, it really mostly comes down to luck more than anything else. To answer your question, you can leave Vibora and come back and pick up where you left off at any time, no need to restart.

Thanks for the quick answer.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Valerian disappears for me during the "Braving the Elements" mission. I can't progress past that one.
    I tried as recently as three days ago.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not only does VS disappear, but all of the missions I retrieved through the crime CPU (to try and keep the string going) don't show on the map as to where they are.

So I guess the arc is not to be completed until they fix the church mission.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just got another one through fresh. Fully completed VB Apoc, no missions needed resetting.

However, I was effectively one-shotting the key NPCs, this time with shadow strike. So if it the bug is induced by hitting a certain health percentage and it causing the character (ie valerian) to execute a behavior that breaks), then you may want to test just to verify the steps to reproduce and hopefully get a fix faster.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I also have the mission break on "Braving the Elements". Whenever Scarlet goes to half health, she just disappears and nothing happens.
  • Options
    noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I also have the mission break on "Braving the Elements". Whenever Scarlet goes to half health, she just disappears and nothing happens.

I too am having the same problem. I tried dropping the mission, logging out, killing her last, killing her first, throwing random aoes all over the room incase she was invisible, kiting mobs to defender and ironclad to see if it would continue the event.

Nothing... Sucks too, this is the first character that I've leveled in over a year and I was wanting to finish her in this zone.
  • Options
    vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I vouch for this same problem.
    I'm in a team/party as I type this, trying all kinds of different methods. Taking turns soloing Valerian, logging out, leaving the garage, ect. It's really rather annoying. I was looking forward to showing my friend Therakiel. >:T To no avail, Nighthawk has broken the game. Or at least something has.
  • Options
    bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Had the same problem in all that is unholy. I start fighting VS and she vanishes without a trace.
  • Options
    vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ACTUALLY. I JUST now managed to finish the quest. Someone else was able to team up with us and we beat Valerian down as if it were a timed Alert. Apparently, it worked before she could do her poofy, buggy move and we were able to complete it.
  • Options
    drgrendeldrgrendel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ive had a toon stuck on "all that is unholy" for weeks now. Every time I get her about half way down, "poof" no more VS. then I exit, drop the mission and wait for the next patch.
    I'm a pretty patient guy, but come on. Surely this has to be a priority bug, doesn't it? Is this ever going to get fixed?

D.G.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Having the same issue. I'm using a tank build so there's no way at all I can kill her before she disappears.

PWE, please pull your head out of your rectums and get some QA folks in there before you lose customers. Didn't have these problems before this.. "transition" with PWE.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have found one and only one way to finish this:

You have to have someone in your party that can one-shot VS. Take her out before she does anything. Best way is with a stealth character using Shadow Strike. Other than that try to kill her before she finishes her sigils because she will disappear right after that.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I managed to finish the event.. all three times you fight her she does the same thing. She casts her sigils then casts something else that is a charged power which causes her to disappear.

She has to be defeated in a team or by someone with very high DPS. Even with two of us it took a couple tries to take her down at the last part of the mission since there was so much open ground between us and her from the entryway into the room with the time machine in Juryrig's garage.

It IS doable.. but the cutscenes are horribly glitched too.

I'm not at all impressed with the way they handle business lately. Things this screwed up should have been fixed immediately and/or the patch rolled back until it could be tested properly on the PTS.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    riouhotaruriouhotaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I second the "All That Is Unholy" bug. She disappears after the first -third- of her lifebar is gone. She goes to use some attack, disappears and doesn't reappear, and if you leave, you can't go in.