test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrate the End of the Anniversary Party

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
TrailTurtle's in-game right now, along with his avatar Iris Irregular. Join in to bid farewell to the anniversary cake, and welcome the next phase of the anniversary!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited September 2012
    Oh nice =)
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm in the cake, butt-naked and camo-painted.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm kinda wondering about this from the blog post.

"Save some of your Questionite, too, because there might just be a Q-Store update in the near future ? and there are whispers on the wind of still more, including a massive giveaway for veteran heroes. Stay tuned for more details!"

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=664591

Did I miss that update or did the whispers turn out to be dust in the wind? Is that coming with the next phase? :confused:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited September 2012
    Not sure I'm seeing a difference. What time is the 'change' supposed to happen?
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well tried to hop in, got DC'd from TT's zone 5 times, gave up.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not sure I'm seeing a difference. What time is the 'change' supposed to happen?

25 minutes from when you posted that...

15 minutes from when I'm posting this...

:biggrin:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited September 2012
    And.... done. Respawn on Destroids is like.... thirty seconds. I literally didn't leave from a ten-meter square and completed.

Just expected a little more than this, guys. Not trying to be a jerk. Thanks for the cake, though. Billboards are awesome.
    edited September 2012
    The hell!?!?

Disregard...

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited September 2012
    And.... done. Respawn on Destroids is like.... thirty seconds. I literally didn't leave from a ten-meter square and completed.

Just expected a little more than this, guys. Not trying to be a jerk. Thanks for the cake, though. Billboards are awesome.

I sure hope the Ren Center invasion gets repeated on an hourly basis. I so enjoy content like the old town invasions from UO. :biggrin:

After that it degenerated into yet another Drifter mission, one of the more grindier ones too since not all critters drop what you need. :frown:

But it was certainly great fun for all of 10 minutes. And the conga line was fun too. :cool:

• needsmoardakkaneedsmoardakka Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got some video of the conga line, and the ending ceremony.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPr4GpVAWA
  • spookpwaspookpwa Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Destroy droids spawn at same place as nighthawk goons, so now you fight 2 groups at once.

Destroy droids also sometimes get stuck at lvl 40 health, which is a bother if you are around lvl 15 (though the lvl 40 loot is a nice touch :wink: ).
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited September 2012
    Woot.

Whenever Dr. D takes over the billboards and gives his little speech it seems Ren Center is about to be overrun by Destroids.

Coooooool. :biggrin:

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    malvou wrote: »

Sweet video! :D

I missed Dr Destroyer Speech because my connectiong went full slow in development :c

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Of course, the one time I decide to have a social life the main anniversary event occurs.

My luck...Looked fun though.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I found myself in the vid! :DDD Nice job! AND I get to hear the speech ^^ How long after Destroyer did that massive conga start? I got so tired after the wave of enemies I just logged... Or was that before and that's why everyone left the cake and was gathered by the PoHo >.>

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    too bad it started at 3AM my time :rolleyes:
    Very disappointed. Couldn't this have been repeated for various time zones?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Very disappointed. Couldn't this have been repeated for various time zones?

What? Make the cake appear and dissappear for various timezones and do the conga???
    That's the only thing what actually happened.
    The destroid attacks are all the same. Doc speaks every hour. You can do the Drifter daily.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    What? Make the cake appear and dissappear for various timezones and do the conga???

Yes.

Or else.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want the Dr. D billboard picture as a wallpaper. It looks great!
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• alricnarccus720alricnarccus720 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay. should be interesting....maybe.
    edited September 2012
    Yay. should be interesting....maybe.

It's easy and you get 2k Q for it. I don't see the problem. It's also a nice forbearance of things to come! dun dun dunnnn

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

• mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    It's easy and you get 2k Q for it. I don't see the problem. It's also a nice forbearance of things to come! dun dun dunnnn
    I do not think that work means what you think it means...

Perhaps you meant to use foreshadow?

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
    edited September 2012
    I do not think that work means what you think it means...

Perhaps you meant to use foreshadow?

Probably not v.v Yes, we'll use that one! lol

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm..can the event be a bit more like this?

CO's DOOM!

From the start till 0:50.

Hopefully we could get to fight with The Champions :biggrin:
    edited September 2012

A fight with the Champions would end badly. I'm sure quite a few of us around could solo all five of them without passing 50%.

...Oh, fight WITH them. Not with, as in against.

Meh.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited September 2012
    A fight with the Champions would end badly. I'm sure quite a few of us around could solo all five of them without passing 50%.

...Oh, fight WITH them. Not with, as in against.

Meh.

All I know is, the first time Defender mentions a beacon or yells BLOCK, I'm snuffing him...

With, against, doesn't matter. Headshot...

I'm just sayin'...

:cool:

Laws yes!
    edited September 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    All I know is, the first time Defender mentions a beacon or yells BLOCK, I'm snuffing him...

With, against, doesn't matter. Headshot...

I'm just sayin'...

:cool:

That isn't nearly as bad as...

SURRENDER VILLAINS.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Destroy droids spawn at same place as nighthawk goons, so now you fight 2 groups at once.

Destroy droids also sometimes get stuck at lvl 40 health, which is a bother if you are around lvl 15 (though the lvl 40 loot is a nice touch :wink: ).

Yeah, this. With those two groups in large gatherings near my mission entry points, I can now say after seven years of MMOing that this is the first time I've been griefed by NPCs :eek:
  • heathermooreheathermoore Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well! With the image glitching in Ren Center today, I got an early birthday present and can see the disappearance of at least parts of the stage and concert several times an hour. Always a silver lining on this game, whee!

Now, let's have that hourly conga line!
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, this. With those two groups in large gatherings near my mission entry points, I can now say after seven years of MMOing that this is the first time I've been griefed by NPCs :eek:

everquest... the first one. not the sequel.
    aggro one bad guy. he yells for help, 5 more bad guys charge you, THEY all yell for help, now theres 30+ bad guys after you. you are seriously screwed... so you run. now they chase you.... and chase you... and chase you... all the way to the end of the zone because badguys dont have chase limits, and the zones are HUGE... while trying to get away you just cant make it.... and you die. right at the feet of a huge elite baddy... now you need to run that hour back to your corpse cause all your elite gear is sitting on it. get back to your corpse and have to race the big bad standing over it, ninja loot and run... but he's to fast for you and you die again... ANOTHER hour run back... then another and another cause the ****ing baddy spawnpoint is right by your corpse so its like he is camping you... one of your friends finally log in and you get his help to either hold aggro off you long enough to loot your corpse with gear on it, or kill it if he's powerfull enough. get yer crap and gtfo of there.....

a whole day wasted. AND you lost almost 2 levels since you lost xp with every death.

now THAT is being griefed by npc's... kickin it OLD school
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    aggro one bad guy. he yells for help, 5 more bad guys charge you, THEY all yell for help, now theres 30+ bad guys after you. you are seriously screwed... so you run. now they chase you.... and chase you... and chase you... all the way to the end of the zone because badguys dont have chase limits, and the zones are HUGE... while trying to get away you just cant make it.... and you die. right at the feet of a huge elite baddy... now you need to run that hour back to your corpse cause all your elite gear is sitting on it. get back to your corpse and have to race the big bad standing over it, ninja loot and run... but he's to fast for you and you die again... ANOTHER hour run back... then another and another cause the ****ing baddy spawnpoint is right by your corpse so its like he is camping you... one of your friends finally log in and you get his help to either hold aggro off you long enough to loot your corpse with gear on it, or kill it if he's powerfull enough. get yer crap and gtfo of there.....

a whole day wasted. AND you lost almost 2 levels since you lost xp with every death.

Never played Everquest and probably would have not liked that game mechanic even less than what I am seeing in CO. But I'll survive. I just got to level 15
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    malvou wrote: »

I'm glad somebody posted this. I missed to whole end of Anni 3. :frown:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • spookpwaspookpwa Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Must say you have gone the extra mile to add a lot of destroyer droids.

Did someone test this before adding it because I do think just about anyone would have noticed the added aggravation of doing missions with 2 groups of added goons outside where you are to do mission.

I don't mind the groups that have the 3 bar droid, that one is easy.

But the group with two 2 bar droids are a bother since they seem to stun and remove your defences.
    You go in and then stun and health go down in 2 sec flat. Not overly fun, though you do get the title dead as a doorknob very fast....:tongue:
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited September 2012
    aggro one bad guy. he yells for help, 5 more bad guys charge you, THEY all yell for help, now theres 30+ bad guys after you. you are seriously screwed... so you run.
    Train to zone!!!
    while trying to get away you just cant make it...
    Someone wasn't a bard...
    now you need to run that hour back to your corpse cause all your elite gear is sitting on it.
    First, they added corpse dragging. If you knew a monk, the monk could do the feign death flop to get you your bod. Of course, if you had mean friends they'd play corpse keep away while you ran around after them. :rolleyes:

Corpse drag was added because peeps couldn't be trusted, since you could give someone permission to loot your bod and they wouldn't necessarily give you your stuff back. :mad:

Later, they added coffins. If you had the money, you could pay to have your corpse summoned by a necro or shadow knight.
    Unless you knew a cleric...

edited September 2012

Someone wasn't a bard...

lol i had a bard, but not my favourite class in the game so i tended not to play him

First, they added corpse dragging. lol ya, but my scenario was worse case just to prove a point. to far away to corpse drag/before they added it

If you knew a monk, the monk could do the feign death flop to get you your bod.

Of course, if you had mean friends they'd play corpse keep away while you ran around after them. lol never happened to me, but woulda soooo made me angry if it did :biggrin:

Corpse drag was added because peeps couldn't be trusted, since you could give someone permission to loot your bod and they wouldn't necessarily give you your stuff back. :mad:

Later, they added coffins. If you had the money, you could pay to have your corpse summoned by a necro or shadow knight. i cant really remember coffins. wondering if i stopped playing before then....

Unless you knew a cleric.. ya. i didnt have lots of friends in the game. was my first MMO and i was still learning how they worked... still had the urge to do everything myself without involving other people, was a total console junky before then. everquest was the game that got me going on mmo's. so in a way champs has eq to thank for the lifetimer sub i bought here lol... still remember my first time logging in and being all " THose are other PEOPLE?!? they're from all over?!? omfg this is so cooool!" :redface:

i was such a nerd back then.... as opposed to now...........:wink:
    edited September 2012

I'll see your old skool NPC griefing and raise you intelligent critters in UO that would loot your corpse. I remember an epic battle with an Orc Mage in UO...

DIE ORC! Fight!

Death! Damn, there went my chest armor.

Run to an NPC healer or hopefully another player along the way who had a resurrect power.

Run back to Orc Mage, hoping that no other player had killed him and looted YOUR armor off the Orc Mage's corpse.

Whew, still there. Fight!

Death! Damn, he's got my leggings too now.

More frantic, yet ghostly running. Nice, a wandering healer!

Now back to the Orc Mage. Fight!

SWEET VICTORY!!!

Gimme back my stuff you stupid Orc.

Now that's some real Old Skool NPC Griefing. :wink:

Oh yeah, back on topic... Why couldn't you guys just pull one of groups? Worked great for me.

edited September 2012
    I'll see your old skool NPC griefing and raise you intelligent critters in UO that would loot your corpse. I remember an epic battle with an Orc Mage in UO...

DIE ORC! Fight!

Death! Damn, there went my chest armor.

Run to an NPC healer or hopefully another player along the way who had a resurrect power.

Run back to Orc Mage, hoping that no other player had killed him and looted YOUR armor off the Orc Mage's corpse.

Whew, still there. Fight!

Death! Damn, he's got my leggings too now.

More frantic, yet ghostly running. Nice, a wandering healer!

Now back to the Orc Mage. Fight!

SWEET VICTORY!!!

Gimme back my stuff you stupid Orc.

Now that's some real Old Skool NPC Griefing. :wink:

Oh yeah, back on topic... Why couldn't you guys just pull one of groups? Worked great for me.

ok... thats one thing you got me on :biggrin:, i woulda just thrown my computer out the window if an npc looted my corpse....
    edited September 2012
    Hmm..can the event be a bit more like this?

CO's DOOM!

From the start till 0:50.

I don't think I'd ever seen that.

And I would have loved to have seen either the MC fight or the stuff in Canadia (never seen Necrull outside his cave).

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We could have our monthly invasions. Lasts, a week maybe. Defeat certain amount of enemies and next group will be with tougher enemies, ending with some cosmic? class end boss. Different tasks for each invasion, stop the zombie summonings in Canada, destroy transports in MC. (Like the Rikti invasions in CoH, dismantle bombs and stuff. Shame i never got to take down one of those big ships flying over every zone.)
    When i saw that video 1st time when it was released, i was hoping something like that.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We could have our monthly invasions. Lasts, a week maybe. Defeat certain amount of enemies and next group will be with tougher enemies, ending with some cosmic? class end boss. Different tasks for each invasion, stop the zombie summonings in Canada, destroy transports in MC. (Like the Rikti invasions in CoH, dismantle bombs and stuff. Shame i never got to take down one of those big ships flying over every zone.)
    When i saw that video 1st time when it was released, i was hoping something like that.

This would be an awesome idea for CO,but maybe have it in a specific instance,since well,there would be hordes of enemies everywhere,but it would be really fun for the level 30s through 40s.Maybe a Takofanes invasion one month,a Dr.D one the next.
    edited September 2012
    lol i had a bard, but not my favourite class in the game so i tended not to play him
    Early on, bards were a love/hate thing, you either loved them or you hated them.

A decent bard made a good group great. But, even early on in the game, a well played bard was totally OP. It made just about any group good, and good groups amazing, and could solo better than any druid kiter. The Bard mechanics were friggin awesome, and an accident on the part of SoE from what I understand. The problem is that not many peeps knew how to play a bard well, so while there were a lot of peeps that saw some bard doing amazing things and wanting to try it out, mostly they leveled one to the 20's or 30's and said "this class sucks" and went back to easier stuff like the necro. :rolleyes:
    lol ya, but my scenario was worse case just to prove a point. to far away to corpse drag/before they added it
    Believe me, not only did I live your scenario, but experienced running up against the corpse decay timer and potentially losing my equipment, my backup equipment, and the third set of nice looking lower level gear I was saving in the bank.
    Fear break in was absolutely brutal. :eek:
    i cant really remember coffins. wondering if i stopped playing before then....
    it's possible. I had heard/seen that they added graveyards (or something like that) after I left. Basically, if you died somewhere and you didn't collect your corpse in a certain amount of time (like a day), then it would appear in the graveyard and you could get it there anytime in the next couple days.
    ya. i didnt have lots of friends in the game.
    I ended up playing EQ because of a couple of RL friends, and I got in a guild because one of the RL friends got invited to one by some guy who wanted to flirt with her. (I don't see the point online, but whatever.)

That guild ended up disbanding a couple months later, but I followed a couple of the the peeps I met there into another super friendly guild that I was with for years. My last year or so in EQ I was in a hardcore progression guild (second place, and trying to get to first), and was the #7 bard on the server. I learned my lesson, since I spent more time in EQ than I did at my job.
    still remember my first time logging in and being all " THose are other PEOPLE?!? they're from all over?!? omfg this is so cooool!"
    Yeah, early game wonder is awesome. 8)

And your realization is something that I don't think a lot of peeps really get, or if they do get it they use the anonymity to behave in ways they wouldn't if you met them in RL.

edited September 2012
    We could have our monthly invasions. Lasts, a week maybe. Defeat certain amount of enemies and next group will be with tougher enemies, ending with some cosmic? class end boss. Different tasks for each invasion, stop the zombie summonings in Canada, destroy transports in MC. (Like the Rikti invasions in CoH, dismantle bombs and stuff.

I would definitely play that game. Sounds fun. :biggrin:

But oh can you imagine the whining. People already QQ about a paltry weekend of Bloodmoon. :frown:

edited September 2012
    I would definitely play that game. Sounds fun. :biggrin:

But oh can you imagine the whining. People already QQ about a paltry weekend of Bloodmoon. :frown:

i wasnt a fan of blood moon. not because it wasnt cool, not because of all the baddies walkin around messing things up. but because it was getting the "stale" feeling.

my opinion? monthly events. lasting a week. the poster you were quoting has a similar idea, but im not a fan of the "ranking moar and moar difficulty", im thinking like a series of quests. could be an invasion, could be a scavenger hunt (find these X amount of glowies in hidden locations! heres some clues!, could be a natural disaster that needs averting (a giant meteor is heading to earth! the heroes need to stop it! here build 'x' machine to a- teleport you there to destroy by super power hand or b- totally destroy it by planting on its surface). and no need to trash them, the content can always be there. every month a random event or possibly have them in rotation/scheduled (but kept secret... ssshhhh)
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd prefer them to be seasonal.
    my opinion? monthly events. lasting a week. the poster you were quoting has a similar idea, but im not a fan of the "ranking moar and moar difficulty", im thinking like a series of quests. could be an invasion, could be a scavenger hunt (find these X amount of glowies in hidden locations! heres some clues!, could be a natural disaster that needs averting (a giant meteor is heading to earth! the heroes need to stop it! here build 'x' machine to a- teleport you there to destroy by super power hand or b- totally destroy it by planting on its surface). and no need to trash them, the content can always be there. every month a random event or possibly have them in rotation/scheduled (but kept secret... ssshhhh)

Sounds great. How many will need to be done to prevent a feeling of staleness? And how do you plan to fund all the development time this would take?

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sounds great. How many will need to be done to prevent a feeling of staleness? And how do you plan to fund all the development time this would take?

Well, they seem like they're already doing exactly this, so I assume just keep on with business as usual.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine