test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'd like to give some props to Trailturtle

pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I just wanted to say I appreciate what you're doing. With the slow but steady infusion of new players it's good to see a Cryptic voice welcome them and take part in the community and being available both on the forums and in game.

So thanks for showing interest, and its good to have you aboard!
Post edited by pion01 on

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    He's shell of a guy.
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I've been thinking about doing this for a while, the guy is really restoring my faith in the game and is the best example of a CM I've seen since I joined.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • emeraldcrosshairemeraldcrosshair Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    He's shell of a guy.

One ouch that was a really bad pun and two i agree he is a pretty good cm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, Thank you Mr. Turtle. working with the Champs community must be hard sometimes, especially if you're new to the game. Keep up the good work!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tries to answer every question we ask also just had a look on the JD forums he does that there as well.

Dude is epic.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Agreed. Trailturtle is one of the best things I've seen happen to this game in a while. :)
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes. TT is doing a wonderous job.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yup Kudos to the guy. I respect him as much as I did Tacoface and that says a lot.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Turtle was on at midnight st last night, till like 3-4 am. Running alerts with the rest of us, and chatting in zone/CoX. He feels like another player, albeit one that has a lot more ability to report bugs than a normal player does.

This, I feel, is the hallmark of a good CM. He doesn't feel like a mod. He feels like one of us, and is an absolute pleasure to run content with. I pugged with him on the red snake mission last night, randomly, when he logged on. Not only is he a fun CM, he's also a skilled player who's very considerate of his team, and the first dev I've ever gotten to do content with in any game, period. The fact that he's going from 1-40 to really *understand* the game is mind-blowing.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wonna play with him. :frown:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *Read with Don LaFontaines voice*
    'One man. One mission. To bring knowledge to unknowledged. To guide unguided. To do his job like it's meant to be done. And reaching beyond'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • felfoxfelfox Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here's to the turtle that leaps any hurdle. Thank you for all you've done for us! :3
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks a bunch TT, this has been CMing at its finest!! I really appreciate it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah! Doing fantastic!

Oh dear, I guess that means they'll headhunt him for Neverwinter Nights now...
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've been thinking the same as well. I have to say, seeing the price tag on the prototype vehicles made my faith in Cryptic plummet to the lowest it has been ever for a variety of reasons. This is coming from someone who has been here since January 2010, not here as long as some, but I digress. Seeing that TP is being worked on in PTS and all of the excellent communication and care that you've given to your job and to us players has really brought back the Cryptic spirit and more than anything, made me want to actually play. I can't play a game I've come to love if I know I'm just a dollar sign. I'll lose respect and stop playing, be disheartened to let it go, but I'll do it. You've made me come back and you're bringing the love back as well. Thank you.
    Yeah! Doing fantastic!

Unfortunately, this seems to be Champs history. I'll enjoy his presence while I can though :D

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah! Doing fantastic!

They have Stormshade.... so shoo, let us have our turtle =p.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like this Turtle. He's more of what a good hard-working CM should be, IMHO.

Praise is well deserved. :smile: Keep up the good work and never stop striving for improvement! It's appreciated more than you know.

cascadence wrote: »
    They have Stormshade.... so shoo, let us have our turtle =p.

Pff! StormShade was a "meh" CM, Turtle is doing a much better job. They can keep him, no offense. I'd rather not go into details and derail this "thank you" thread.

<_<

>_>

I like turtles.
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like turtles! He may even be replacing the Taco in my affections.

When I compare him to the CM's that went before the turtle is head and shoulders above them.
    Ran in to TT via chat a few days back and mentioned giving the community props for being so welcoming to those of us coming over from CoX. I hope Turtle sees this as the opportunity it truly is.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    He feels like one of us

One of us. One of us...

Gooble gobble, one of us...

Welcome to the family TrailTurtle! You'll fit in fine with all the rest of us freaks...

:biggrin:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes, huge thank you Trail Turtle. I'm sure way more players than just those who replied appreciate your efforts.

Keep it up... and convince the rest of Cryptic to say hello more often!
    It seems that's already happening. I've seen crush and drannic on the last week or 2, we're definitely seeing em in game more often.

It'd be cool if they did what turtle did and actually do a run from 1-40 in the new setup. Might give em a better idea of the way the new setup works, and the varied improvements that might be required. I did a bit of mmo dev work back in the day, and I was on a lot. Mostly, because it helps understand your game from a player's perspective. TT has my utmost respect for doing that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have to respect any dev who goes in game at midnight. You're doing us a Yeoman's service. Thank you.

So, in honor of him. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0GEMuj4I5Q
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited September 2012

That commercial creeps me out... Even more so when you consider that chick is probably the age of my mother... *shudders*

Thanks Thundrax, I'm going to have nightmares now. In the words of GLaDoS, "You bastard."

Here's a palette cleanser:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T-AxWMZBfU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1z2aTcumlY
  • xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    TrailTurtle is definitely worthy of praise :smile: Hope he stays for a long, long time :biggrin:
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sneaking in a Hoorah for Gentleman_Crush here.
    Sure he may have given me not totally true information once.
    Sure he may have be responsible for some changes that were hard to swallow at first.
    But he did good. I like the new stuff, wish I was a fresh faced unjaded nub again.

All those other men/women behind the curtain to. Hoorah!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Indeed, horrah for TrailTurtle!
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Indeed, COWABUNGA for TrailTurtle!

Fixed that for yo....ya with that pun I've just shamed myself :(

Seen him in zone a few days ago dude even trys to answer noob questions, well met ^__^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know he was a turtle in a half-shell. :biggrin:

(hmm, but which one? Leonardo? Raphael? Donatello?)
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Turtles forever! Cowabunga dude!

And I agree, TT has been a great addition here. :biggrin:
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Turtle was on at midnight st last night, till like 3-4 am. Running alerts with the rest of us, and chatting in zone/CoX. He feels like another player, albeit one that has a lot more ability to report bugs than a normal player does.

This, I feel, is the hallmark of a good CM. He doesn't feel like a mod. He feels like one of us, and is an absolute pleasure to run content with. I pugged with him on the red snake mission last night, randomly, when he logged on. Not only is he a fun CM, he's also a skilled player who's very considerate of his team, and the first dev I've ever gotten to do content with in any game, period. The fact that he's going from 1-40 to really *understand* the game is mind-blowing.

Indeed, when you play the game you get to see just how far the bugs have spread. To have someone being able to see the bugs and bring them straight to the devs is good, even if we provide detailed information about a problem.

That, and ever since TrailTurtle got on our boat, we've actually been getting a few bugfixes and we have a voice within the team to tell us what's going on. I hope to see more from the guy.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    deadman20 wrote: »
    That, and ever since TrailTurtle got on our boat,

He's on a boat?! Did he bring his flippy floppies? And He did WHAT to a mermaid?!

Cool on you TT. Not sure if you wanted this or had it thrust upon you, either way you are doing a fine job. Just remember, people that do 'well' around here get shuttled off to other games.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    He's like cheese, only it's good for you in large quantities as WELL as tasting good. Wait. That analogy went wrong somewhere. Eh, who cares, everybody loves the Turtle!
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]