test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't complete mission

shaebedishaebedi Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
VB crisis mission called All that is unholy. I have tried to complete four times now, three before 9/14/12 patch and one after, all times when fighting Valerian Scarlet, she reaches about 50% health and blinks out, vanishes. This leaves me with an unfinished mission and I can not continue the crisis missions without completing it.

Any help?
Post edited by shaebedi on

Comments

• vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    These missions here seem to be really bugged.

The same thing happens in "No Time Like the Present". I tried several times to no avail.
    Eventually, I got up a team of three to take her down quickly before she could blink/poof out.
    Kind of like an all-out smash. I've only done this once yesterday, and cant really confirm if this would help get past the bug or not.
  • cyjonpwcyjonpw Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There's at least one other thread on this problem where it was reported the issue appears to be some attack she uses. If you kill her fast enough, or just get lucky, she doesn't use the attack and doesn't disappear. The problem appears to be Scarlet herself rather than the specific missions, sort of like the nemesis issue. I experienced this bug myself a few weeks ago but I haven't been back to that character to retry since.
  • smalul1smalul1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had the same problem with this mission. A few days ago I was able to complete this mission. I don't know if I just got lucky, but what I did was this: At Dr. Ka's house you need to speak with the heroes as the first step of this mission. Usually, I choose Defender, as he is the closest one, but at that time I chose Ironclad instead. I then went to the mission. The result - Ironclad and Witchcraft were there to support me instead of the usual pair of Defender and Kinetik. During the fight, Witchcraft was killed by Valerian Scarlet (normally Kinetik is the one which get killed), and then I was able to kill her and finish the mission. Like I said, I don't know if that is related to the bug or not, but you should try it.

On a side note, and this is a minor bug, all the dialogs later refer to Kinetik being killed during the mission instead of Witchcraft.
  • bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I took Witchcraft and Ironclad for both of my attempts that resulted in the villain's disappearance.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've just done it and took Witchcraft, managed that mission.

NOTE: Kinetik was killed but it doesn't say in that mission. Just that he was killed while doing something else.

Valerian scarlet poofed in Braving the elements instead.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!