test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers Are Open! [Formerly Stay Tuned, Part 2: Electric Maintenance]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
The servers are currently down, we are working to bring them back up as soon as possible. I do not yet have a timeline, but I'll update this thread as soon as I know anything.

Thank you all for your patience.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alricnarccus720alricnarccus720 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, what broke?

Don't get me wrong, I get that you guys are working hard, but a little idea of whats wrong or what happened would be nice. :p
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pssssh, just hit em with a stick. That fixed my ps2! before that method broke it...

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As I posted, I'm not gonna complain about taking it down to fix stuff. I get that, 100%, no gripes here. Just... Can you warn people if it was done intentionally? I was mid-quest, and it was a long instance. I'm not looking forward to doing it again, i wouldn't have started if I knew. Just a polite request. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hamsters quit because no cake for them.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the update- sorry you folks are having to stay so late on the weekend, but glad that y'all are still doing it.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i think you guys were just waiting for me to get home from my anniversary dinner. Trying to force me and my Husband to spend more physical time together. Hah! After 21yrs, He just loaded League of Legends, instead, and i'm sitting here uselessly trying to force the game to load!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    Thanks for the update- sorry you folks are having to stay so late on the weekend, but glad that y'all are still doing it.

I have often wondered why they have friday patches, seems kind of risky.
  • Options
    stavarousstavarous Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i think you guys were just waiting for me to get home from my anniversary dinner. Trying to force me and my Husband to spend more physical time together. Hah! After 21yrs, He just loaded League of Legends, instead, and i'm sitting here uselessly trying to force the game to load!

I think you're on to their evil plan.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I crashed into the cake with my Nighthawk jet screaming "WHOOOOOOOOO!" and the servers disconnected at just the right time for me to believe it was my fault.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You had to go and poke to that hole again???
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The servers are currently down, we are working to bring them back up as soon as possible. I do not yet have a timeline, but I'll update this thread as soon as I know anything.

Thank you all for your patience.

Excellent, I hope you get this resolved soon. Also...
    Looky VV
    Siggy? VV :D ?
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Rage! Rage!
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't currently see any evidence that time schedules are ever used with this game. Just look at the latest (last) UNTIL report: no real dates and no deadlines. We're given a "heads up" just as the server crashes down and we aren't given a reason why.

I think honesty is important, because let's face it: players have taken a risk by investing extra money into a game they already paid for. Don't get me wrong, I'm big on patience and I'll wait for a while, but sometimes enough is enough. Time to find something constructive to do. >_>
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If I had to guess, we're maybe 20-30 minutes away from re-opening.

EDIT: Also, the good news is that, when the server does come up, we'll still have all the fixes we're aiming for.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If I had to guess, we're maybe 20-30 minutes away from re-opening.

Guesser!

Everyone point and laugh at the person that can't tell the future!

:biggrin:

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can wait 20 minutes, gives me time to press this button I was led to. I also feel like sharing, so... Surprise.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    heathermooreheathermoore Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    Guesser!

Everyone point and laugh at the person that can't tell the future!

:biggrin:

Oh, well, no, he was offering what he *might* say if he *had* to guess. But nobody then stepped up and forced him to guess, you see....
  • Options
    nebeldushmernebeldushmer Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    trailturtle, I hate to pry, but do you work for Cryptic or PWE anyways? It's just a curious question that's been burning into my brain since I've first seen you on the server, I think you might be Cryptic because that's usually a very Cryptic thing to do, play the game with the other players and all. But I dont know, I heard Cryptic devs are as rare as unicorns that fart pixies who paint rainbows in the sky and craft cloud castles.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Lucy, this afternoon's maintenance was due to unforeseen issues with their most recent patch and couldn't be pre-planned. They do maintenance at the end of the week pretty much every week, so that's to be expected. Those are planned. This was not.

There is always a message the night before scheduled maintenance, telling the time frame for that maintenance. And if there is emergency down time that they can foresee happening in time to post a message, they do so then. This, however, was a completely unexpected crash of their servers and couldn't be posted on the forums or in game because they didn't know it was going to happen.

Hope that clears things up a bit.
  • Options
    xaqchancexaqchance Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    trailturtle, I hate to pry, but do you work for Cryptic or PWE anyways? It's just a curious question that's been burning into my brain since I've first seen you on the server, I think you might be Cryptic because that's usually a very Cryptic thing to do, play the game with the other players and all. But I dont know, I heard Cryptic devs are as rare as unicorns that fart pixies who paint rainbows in the sky and craft cloud castles.

You heard that verbatim?
    -
    In game @Ruesteur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012

He is also the CM for Jade Dynasty. So its safe to say he is with PW. Not that its a bad thing any communication is never a bad thing :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Not verbatim, it's hard to hear anything from Cryptic devs, I'm pretty sure they're zombies now that I think about it.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Im sure ive seen TT on other PWE forums I might be wrong but I think he is PWE forum guy . I think TT just likes playing the game like the rest of us.

*edit*
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    He is also the CM for Jade Dynasty. So its safe to say he is with PW. Not that its a bad thing any communication is never a bad thing :biggrin:

Ahh thats were I seen him or her (sorry hard to tell covering all bases) . I love that game ^__^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Trail is PWE employee. I knew him on Jade Dynasty forums before I quit those many months ago.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, the question has been answered I think lol
  • Options
    r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All in all, a brilliant way to say "welcome" to all the City of Heroes refugees. Most of whom that tried Champions are probably looking for an alternate game right about now...

Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrmoura283mrmoura283 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    servers are up!

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    xaqchancexaqchance Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What are you all doing in the mean time?
    http://www.heromachine.com/
    -
    In game @Ruesteur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    peregrinestrikeperegrinestrike Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Servers working again as of now...
  • Options
    mrmoura283mrmoura283 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok, ignore the "nooo" thing. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    How do I get my vanguard title on my name?

Even though it's the wrong freaking name. (Thanks PWE)

Been LTS since beta.

Bacon Overlord

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    ssholeroyssholeroy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guess someone ran and got a bag of Hamster Chow. Good to hear the wheels are spinning and servers are up (for now) once more. For now.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Servers are back open.

nebeldushmer: PWE, technically.

mistressphoenix: Yeup.

sockmunkey: Yeup, I'm CM for CO and JD.

nepht: Yep, I do enjoy the game, and yeup, you've probably seen me on a few other boards -- occasionally I post stuff for other games, like some press reblogs for Neverwinter recently.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    How do I get my vanguard title on my name?

Even though it's the wrong freaking name. (Thanks PWE)

Been LTS since beta.

Edit Avatar (upper left, right over top of this thread) and choose "yes" for "Do you want to use the Lifetime Subscriber title?"
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Edit Avatar (upper left, right over top of this thread) and choose "yes" for "Do you want to use the Lifetime Subscriber title?"

Thanks! :biggrin:

Bacon Overlord